Today’s game v Woking

Always seems a hard place for us to go and get a result. Woking have started well .. they were the early front runner last season .. and I am sure looking  at the respective results so far they will think they can win this game too. 

feels like a draw is very much on the the cards .. no pun intended

but from some strange reason I think we will get a win ., think we have shown ourselves to be able to take pressure and counter attack .. this game will be like the other four .. 

so if we get the bounce of the ball I think we can win ..even by a couple of goals 1-3 .. may be overly optimistic especially but possible if Hyde get 30-45 mins 

nick 

Edited by Nick
1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Tough game and didn't realise Woking had started so well. I obviously want to win and feel confident-ish, but I wouldn't be too upset if I had to settle for a draw come 4.50pm. 

We trying to beat Fullarton's record of draws in a season..  3 out of 5 would be a good start on the road to it :lol:

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Greggs said:

We trying to beat Fullarton's record of draws in a season..  3 out of 5 would be a good start on the road to it :lol:

That actually crossed my mind earlier this morning about all the Fullarton draws but give Pete his credit we've had a go and haven't stuck everyman behind the ball at every opportunity. We were a little bit too deep and invited Yeovil onto us on Tuesday but with Fullarton it was defence first. Oh man they were drab days. Atleast we are trying to attack and the draws are exciting games. 

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

I've been to watch us at Woking 3 times recently and I haven't seen us lose yet, one of my local games living in London. 2 draws and a win if I remember correctly.

It always feels nice to beat that lot. 

We didn't always do well there either. Only a few years ago we cocked up a 2-1 lead with a penalty with 5 mins to go, to miss the pen and lose 3-2 on final day of the season!

Yes, it feels like a win today would help to cement the confidence in the team going forward and for the players to see that persisting with the style of play PW has set them up for is going to pay dividends across the course of a full season.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Presumably number 21 on our team sheet Adrian Clifton is a mistake. Or Have I missed a signing

Not sure Bill. There are a few sloppy errors such as the Town players pictures although the notes seem to match up to what the squad is now. I do like the addition of the results grid for all games played in the NL. 

Very happy with that lineup today. Certainly positive for 3 points. 

Glad to see Hyde back in the lineup too. Be great to see him back. 

Im still confused as to what has happened to Dom Tear. Gateshead fans loved him 

Eac h drawn game has meant us dropping places. Better to win 1 lose 1 and get 3 points than just get 2 points for two draws. It is back to JF standards of results.  Better to watch than under JF but it is points in the bag that count.

Edited by rdj
ADD
10 minutes ago, rdj said:

Eac h drawn game has meant us dropping places. Better to win 1 lose 1 and get 3 points than just get 2 points for two draws. It is back to JF standards of results.  Better to watch than under JF but it is points in the bag that count.

Don't forget we have played 3 of our 5 games away from home drawn 2 and unlucky to lose the other. Unlike under JF we have looked capable of winning all the games. Very early days. 

• Like 2
Just now, bolt45 said:

Don't forget we have played 3 of our 5 games away from home drawn 2 and unlucky to lose the other. Unlike under JF we have looked capable of winning all the games. Very early days. 

Under JF we drew away at Stockport I believe and we won away at Woking. :o

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Under JF we drew away at Stockport I believe and we won away at Woking. :o

JF never played away at Stockport, last year was their first season back