If Maguire is the best defender we have in the country then god help us. He has ben consistently bad pretty much since he moved from Leicester to Man United. Why he keeps getting picked is beyond me, simply not playing well enough at the moment.

Although I hope Man U keep playing him as that is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Bigger question for me Steve is why are England playing in Blue??? We are the home team, we should be wearing white!!

Why do England play in blue anyway? That's always bugged me, there's no blue in our national flag! England should play in red or white. My favourite kit was the one we wore in the 2006 World Cup

2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Referee awful. I agree with the red card but every foul he is getting his cards out and never a penalty 

Thought Walker caught there  player but thought he got pushed but what was Pickford doing looked like he pushed Walker

1 minute ago, riccardo259 said:

Why do England play in blue anyway? That's always bugged me, there's no blue in our national flag! England should play in red or white. My favourite kit was the one we wore in the 2006 World Cup

Agreed, White is our primary colour, black shorts & white socks!! Otherwise Red shirts. My favourite kit has to be the 66 kit?

Not in form and his head is all over the place. Mings is in far better form right now. In some ways Southgate has introduced a lot of new young players to the team but there are also 2 or 3 players who will never get dropped regardless of form. 

I can think of Maguire. Dier and Pickford just off the top of my head. None of which are the form players in there current positions in the squad. (I know Dier isnt there tonight before anyone says) 

• Like 1

I,m listening to the radio commentary and reading the minute by minute updates. Its clear that Kane is not fit, I know hes a great scorer but should he be out there tonight if not fit?? We are chasing the game now, we need pace and creativity, Calvert Lewin & Grealish. And as I write this England make a double change, CL & Jordan Sancho??

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

I,m listening to the radio commentary and reading the minute by minute updates. Its clear that Kane is not fit, I know hes a great scorer but should he be out there tonight if not fit?? We are chasing the game now, we need pace and creativity, Calvert Lewin & Grealish. And as I write this England make a double change, CL & Jordan Sancho??

Rashford & Mount off

18 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Sancho came on in the 73rd minute and his name hasn't been mentioned once in commentary, our most creative player sits in the stand apparently looking very disgruntled, Southgate is going to have some explaining to do following this fiasco!!

12 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

And now Jordan Henderson getting ready to come on and Grealish sits in the stand!!!! I'm really starting to question Southgate now!! 

why it’s taken so long .. did southgate really have a track record as a manager or coach before this role ...no 

but wider than that for some strange reason good club players seem to become total underachievers when they pull on an England shirt .. well for the last 50 years 

1 minute ago, Nick said:

why it’s taken so long .. did southgate really have a track record as a manager or coach before this role ...no 

but wider than that for some strange reason good club players seem to become total underachievers when they pull on an England shirt .. well for the last 50 years 

To many questions to be asked following this result. Southgate has to be raked over the coals for  this one. Englands home unbeaten record now lays in tatters.

7 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

England can't compete against any quality side and the players know it. The only players who show any passion are the new young players for whom it is a  honour to be picked. Once a regular they become like the rest.

Beat number 1 ranked side in the world the other day :doh:

Grealish should have been brought on, very poor decision not playing him. No attacking intent when down to 10 men. Poor night.