Cant get onto the stream

1 minute ago, eddies mate said:

Think you may be onto my issue as when Kelly sent the link it bounced back and she had to confirm which email i wanted.

Maybe she sent it again 'manually' which didn't solve the issue of the system being too clever for it's own good.

stop fecking moaning and give Louisa a call or e mail her 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know if you followed the streaming coverage today Steve, but that was a much better streaming service than anything we have seen so far from anyone.  Started with build up 1/2 hr before kic

I’m no IT expert but l got on straight away and overall was quite impressed with the quality of both the picture and the sound. Must be beginners luck 

Excellent picture on my mobile phone using full screen and not too bad an effort from our commentary team . Thought the site was very easy to use and understand .

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Maybe Hoddie could pin a direct link to the platform

If it stays the same every game I'll be happy to add a link under the forum logo. Let's see what the next game's link is announced as.

• Like 1

I watched the game perfectly on my iPad, but when I tried to watch it on my laptop my iPad feed cut out. It was the same when I tried it the other way. I watch the streams with my grandson and for the away games I could let him watch on the laptop while I watched the iPad. We find that much easier than trying to watch on one machine. I have been unable to link the iPad to the TV .

34 minutes ago, MR. D said:

I watched the game perfectly on my iPad, but when I tried to watch it on my laptop my iPad feed cut out. It was the same when I tried it the other way. I watch the streams with my grandson and for the away games I could let him watch on the laptop while I watched the iPad. We find that much easier than trying to watch on one machine. I have been unable to link the iPad to the TV .

Can you not do that with a USB cable?

47 minutes ago, MR. D said:

I'd assume if it has been set up correctly you should only be able to watch on one device at a time. Normally if you try to simultaneously log in it will boot you from the oldest connection. You'd need two codes or two paid streams to watch it on two devices*

* unless you were casting it from your phone to your TV/Laptop etc.

Regarding voucher codes:

These are quite complex and hard to copy free hand. I copied and pasted mine (taking care not to copy an additional space). 

I think all this is human error with either people not following instructions, or ignoring instructions. I'm not saying it's easy though. 

Get it right once and hopefully we are OK for the months ahead. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, steve lumb said:

no buffering for me on a bog standard wifi. First game had a late start and missed penalty, sure that won't happen again (the late start wasn't our fault). As for match insight, it's not sky.............

Ok Steve, its not Sky but don't you think we are missing a trick in not giving our fans a full game experience? Dont know about you but for me the build up to a live game starts long before kick off, exitement,meeting friends,discussing how we are doing as a team,comentators announcing the team, building a picture, welcoming supporters etc etc. Not logging on 1 minute before kick off. Forget my issues about not getting access, I thought the same before this happened.

I believe about 1000 streamers is about last nights level? it would be so much higher if others felt that it was worth the £10.Typical fan base of 1500+ home + a sizable away viewing from Yeovil, should be money in the bank.

By the by, I pay £52 per month for Sky (the full package minus Children's channels) of this only £20 is sport of all shapes & sizes. that is less per year than a season ticket. We have an audience/fan base well above 1000 we should be getting 2k + if done with a little more input.

Edited by Macam blue
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 10:46 PM, steve lumb said:

disagree, first time for me tonight and thought it was good, not sure where your "lack of professionalism comes in", did you expect Sky coverage?

Don't know if you followed the streaming coverage today Steve, but that was a much better streaming service than anything we have seen so far from anyone. 

Started with build up 1/2 hr before kick off, followed up 1/2 hr after with highlights & interviews plus must be some revenue from occasional adverts of local businesses. Also some clips of players going about the club/town.

That's what I meant by more professionalism. Not having a dig at our Team but we could do much better.

South Shields are a growing club in a hot bed of support, we could learn a lesson from how that £5 service was handled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Don't know if you followed the streaming coverage today Steve, but that was a much better streaming service than anything we have seen so far from anyone. 

Started with build up 1/2 hr before kick off, followed up 1/2 hr after with highlights & interviews plus must be some revenue from occasional adverts of local businesses. Also some clips of players going about the club/town.

That's what I meant by more professionalism. Not having a dig at our Team but we could do much better.

South Shields are a growing club in a hot bed of support, we could learn a lesson from how that £5 service was handled.

Same stream as Scarborough who also ran adv, & intro maybe Stream company advising them.

Yes it was great streaming coverage. I loved there fundraising videos too. I wonder why we don't run adds? They even broke new ground by showing replays, and they worked. They tried to be impartial but that failed when they went crazy each time they scored. Fair play to them. 

Edited by shaymen_x
12 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Yes it was great streaming coverage. I loved there fundraising videos too. I wonder why we don't run adds? They even broke new ground by showing replays, and they worked. They tried to be impartial but that failed when they went crazy each time they scored. Fair play to them. 

Yes shay x they are entitled to be a little over exited during their commentary, SS deserved their win, we were abysmal in all departments today. 

During our audio commentaries we have had some excellent co commentators inc previous board members  & the past commercial manager (his name escapes me)  

Todays coverage was excellent, from a supporters view, shame about our part in the entertainment ;)

12 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Of course they are entitled to be over exuberant, my point was that they really tried to be impartial today. I'm not being critical of our teams coverage but SS set a high standard today. 

Not being critical of your comment shaymen x, I agree. Their reporting of the match was very good. Best I have heard apart from some of our own in previous seasons.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Macam blue said:

Yes shay x they are entitled to be a little over exited during their commentary, SS deserved their win, we were abysmal in all departments today. 

During our audio commentaries we have had some excellent co commentators inc previous board members  & the past commercial manager (his name escapes me)  

Todays coverage was excellent, from a supporters view, shame about our part in the entertainment ;)

Was it Sharmer? taken a pub over, he was secretary.

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Was it Sharmer? taken a pub over, he was secretary.

Probably Steve,  thought he was the previous Commercial Manager but could be mistaken. Also Stuart Peacock was the board member who was a regular contributor to the Audio commentary, always gave a very balanced view in my opinion.

We could also contact some of our older illustrious players/fans to engage in commentaries & reminisce periods of the past e.g Shaymus & a certain gent who lives in Lanzo Land :) This would add thousands onto the viewing figures :shh:

3 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Probably Steve,  thought he was the previous Commercial Manager but could be mistaken. Also Stuart Peacock was the board member who was a regular contributor to the Audio commentary, always gave a very balanced view in my opinion.

We could also contact some of our older illustrious players/fans to engage in commentaries & reminisce periods of the past e.g Shaymus & a certain gent who lives in Lanzo Land :) This would add thousands onto the viewing figures :shh:

I also liked Stuart commenting sometimes stating things against what the Bod was stating. Ho and they can´t afford me.:P

• Haha 1