• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe we need a car that will ‘go the extra mile’ to pick him up then.

Hope we don’t sign anyone called Alcock 

I think we have a few more to announce tomorrow (Two, possibly three). We are starting to take shape a little now.  Maybe a couple of defenders with FL experience will make us feel a bit better  

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Not convinced with this one. Wrexham fans saying he’s past it, legs have gone and hides away when the going gets tough 

Just like Grimsby fans were saying Clarke was past it and is now entering his 3rd season after 2 pretty impressive seasons. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, AJS said:

Not convinced with this one. Wrexham fans saying he’s past it, legs have gone and hides away when the going gets tough 

If i was playing in midfield under Keates I'd stop running too.

11 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

If i was playing in midfield under Keates I'd stop running too.

I do think Woods and Summerfield are a bit too similar. We’ve gone from a midfield of grafters with little technical ability to potentially the other way around. Just hope Wild can get the best out of them. Not fully convinced with either 

16 minutes ago, AJS said:

I do think Woods and Summerfield are a bit too similar. We’ve gone from a midfield of grafters with little technical ability to potentially the other way around. Just hope Wild can get the best out of them. Not fully convinced with either 

Maher & Green will be the grafters with Woods & Summerfield adding nous & stability when we are 1-0 up away from home. Hopefully with Earing learning from them too.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Maher & Green will be the grafters with Woods & Summerfield adding nous & stability when we are 1-0 up away from home. Hopefully with Earing learning from them too.

I’ve a feeling Maher will play centre back. Unless we suddenly sign a couple of centre halves. Certainly need one to replace Brown. Defence definitely the main area lacking at the moment but  Im sure Wild will have something up his sleeve. 

13 minutes ago, AJS said:

I’ve a feeling Maher will play centre back. Unless we suddenly sign a couple of centre halves. Certainly need one to replace Brown. Defence definitely the main area lacking at the moment but  Im sure Wild will have something up his sleeve. 

I still think we need another striker. We have Hyde and Stenson. Beyond that Allen isn't a finisher he's a creator.. we need one more in that area for me aswell 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Luke is about 6´2¨ so can help out on set pieces.

Plus I cannot see us getting bullied this season i.e. Yeovil.

I think that was the the game I thought we needed to really bulk up to bully teams some times. We still had our chances that day but they looked so much stronger.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Luke is about 6´2¨ so can help out on set pieces.

Plus I cannot see us getting bullied this season i.e. Yeovil.

They looked like a Rugby team to be fair. Everyone looked humongous. :-)

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I still think we need another striker. We have Hyde and Stenson. Beyond that Allen isn't a finisher he's a creator.. we need one more in that area for me aswell 

Agreed. Do think they’ll only be backup to Hyde and Stenson though based on Wilds comments. Some of it depends on what formation we play though

1 hour ago, AJS said:

One on the pitch one on the bench swap after 60 mins 

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

Agreed. Do think they’ll only be backup to Hyde and Stenson though based on Wilds comments. Some of it depends on what formation we play though

My concern for me with getting a new striker is Wild seems to think Allen is one. So we are sat here thinking we only have 2 strikers.. Wild has it at 3.

51 minutes ago, Greggs said:

My concern for me with getting a new striker is Wild seems to think Allen is one. So we are sat here thinking we only have 2 strikers.. Wild has it at 3.

I don’t mind Allen off the bench around the hour mark. That’s when he’s looked his best for us in my opinion.

50 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

At least he's  signed back in the 70's  or was 80s we thought we'd  signed his dad but one look at the Shay and he turned us down. 

The tactic we had in the 60s of signing players at Halifax station before they saw the Shay was fully justified.

I would certainly agree with that, if nothing the shay is not the Bernabeu....

Edited by ITMAN
1 hour ago, AJS said:

I don’t mind Allen off the bench around the hour mark. That’s when he’s looked his best for us in my opinion.

Time for him to start earning his keep, off the bench doesnt cut it for me.

Just now, TommyH72 said:

Time for him to start earning his keep, off the bench doesnt cut it for me.

He can only earn his keep if he is played in the correct position. If we are going to carry on using him as a centre forward it's a waste of a wage and a 2 year contract. Get him on a wing and you get value out of him.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Greggs said:

He can only earn his keep if he is played in the correct position. If we are going to carry on using him as a centre forward it's a waste of a wage and a 2 year contract. Get him on a wing and you get value out of him.

Disagree personally. Thought he was much more effective as a second striker than a winger.

• Like 1