5 hours ago, Bill Atkins said:

Some of our contributors to the forum with contacts within the club may be able to answer the following questions regarding contracts

Do we offer 52 week contracts

What date do yearly contracts expire

Do clubs pay signing on fees

Presumably all clubs pay agent fees

in view of the current cash flow position have the club deliberately not offered contracts to new players to save money or does our budget makes us bargain basement operators

I will try and answer these for you Bill to the best of my knowledge.

1) No we do not, we used to pay players for 38 weeks which only included League and cup games so the players were not paid for the friendlies we then increase it to 42/44? weeks so paid for the friendlies (not including trialists) then after the trophy success the wording was changed to the final competitive game but this would exclude loanees as this was up to the parent club depending when his contract expired with them.

2) often 30/06 but depends when they are signed i.e. Kieran Greens contract expired with York 2 days ago.

3) Clubs can pay signing on fees mainly higher end of the league status i.e. a big player recently let his contract expire with Arsenal and went to an Italian club to receive a substantial signing on fee another example I would imagine Lee Gregory received a signing on fee or higher wages to sign for Stoke as his contract had expired with Millwall ( to our detriment). In our league very few would pay a fee such as that except the likes of Salford to persuade a league player to sign for them.

4) Unfortunately.

5)Would have thought we are careful signing a player but we have to bite the bullet at some point, my pet hate is Chairmen and managers publicly debating budgets, it has been said we have the lowest budget in the league (I personally doubt this) to answer this you would have to know every clubs budget, but we will not be going for the creme de la creme of this league so we could be classed as bargain basement operators but I prefer to say astute operators.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know we are in unprecedented times with  this covid and a late finish to our season but we do always seem to be the last to announce any signings. Would be nice just to get 1 announced just to get t

No we won’t sign players until we can get going properly again with Calderdale and surrounding areas are in lockdown and the Shay is shut why would waste money on players when there is no prospect of

Skircoat Boot Boys

19 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

1) No we do not, we used to pay players for 38 weeks which only included League and cup games so the players were not paid for the friendlies we then increase it to 42/44? weeks so paid for the friendlies (not including trialists) then after the trophy success the wording was changed to the final competitive game but this would exclude loanees as this was up to the parent club depending when his contract expired with them.

2) often 30/06 but depends when they are signed i.e. Kieran Greens contract expired with York 2 days ago.

3) Clubs can pay signing on fees mainly higher end of the league status i.e. a big player recently let his contract expire with Arsenal and went to an Italian club to receive a substantial signing on fee another example I would imagine Lee Gregory received a signing on fee or higher wages to sign for Stoke as his contract had expired with Millwall ( to our detriment). In our league very few would pay a fee such as that except the likes of Salford to persuade a league player to sign for them.

4) Unfortunately.

5)Would have thought we are careful signing a player but we have to bite the bullet at some point, my pet hate is Chairmen and managers publicly debating budgets, it has been said we have the lowest budget in the league (I personally doubt this) to answer this you would have to know every clubs budget, but we will not be going for the creme de la creme of this league so we could be classed as bargain basement operators but I prefer to say astute operators.

The word you might be looking for is "canny"

Edited by ITMAN
29 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

4) Unfortunately.

Thank you Steve

8 hours ago, Nick said:

Decent crowds .. think we were about tenth in the league for crowd level. 
think it is a bit of a case .. good ground good training facilities.. decent support ... now show me the money .. we run a relatively tight ship .. but even then spend more money than is coming in .. 

Brown was happy with the money he was on and is still under contract .. but imagine a squad where everybody trains an extra day than the club captain and yet he get to play .. that would not be good for player morale 

and you are being negative ... let’s wait and see  

More like realistic.

18 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

How can we sign players when we aren’t playing games with spectators watching.If we have no money coming in we cannot sign players it’s pretty simple really.

Ok we will just play 6 aside then . If you read what I put it said mirrors last season. Simple

13 minutes ago, thevicar said:

Ok we will just play 6 aside then . If you read what I put it said mirrors last season. Simple

No we won’t sign players until we can get going properly again with Calderdale and surrounding areas are in lockdown and the Shay is shut why would waste money on players when there is no prospect of playing home games the money doesn’t add up do you want to see the club paying out money what we cannot afford..Don’t take it as guaranteed the season will start on October 3rd we aren’t playing in a League were you can play without paying fans there is no decent tv money in our League,

Edited by Forever a Shayman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

The joke

^^^^
You

Hadn't read the entire thread. Since my previous contribution that Is. 

Thanks for being a knob though. Enjoy your evening 

Edited by Greggs
23 minutes ago, SHAY man 2 said:

Weren't we meant to get "good news" this week ?Now Thursday 

Pretty sure it was the sponsor to the home kit they were referring to. Good news but not the news people are after 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

I know we are in unprecedented times with  this covid and a late finish to our season but we do always seem to be the last to announce any signings. Would be nice just to get 1 announced just to get the ball rolling

I agree. Also, what concerns me is that not one player from last season has accepted a new deal. I don't mean in terms of quality of player, I mean they were offered new deals just short of a month ago. 

Not sure if I'm worried yet, but the best way to describe my feelings is concerned. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

On announcements one just popped up on my Facebook from eastleigh. 

The player was Pierce Bird (never heard of him) but make sure to have a look at there announcement with a family guy reference. It's a tweet on the 11th of August I believe. 

Absolute quality 

35 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I agree. Also, what concerns is that not one player from last season has accepted a new deal. I don't mean in terms of quality of player, I mean they were offered new deals just short of a month ago. 

Not sure if I'm worried yet, but the best way to describe my feelings is concerned. 

I wouldn’t be too concerned if l was you if we were signing loads of players I would be seriously Concerned at how we were going to pay them with no prospect of playing Calderdale heading for another full lockdown according to Council.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I wouldn’t be too concerned if l was you if we were signing loads of players I would be seriously Concerned at how we were going to pay them with no prospect of playing Calderdale heading for another full lockdown according to Council.

So what happens in this scenario then. Because restrictions have been lifted further in other areas tonight. Do we get fined. Do we get thrown out of the league because we cant fulfil games. Sure as hell the league isn't going to wait around until one team can play games again 

Just now, Greggs said:

So what happens in this scenario then. Because restrictions have been lifted further in other areas tonight. Do we get fined. Do we get thrown out of the league because we cant fulfil games. Sure as hell the league isn't going to wait around until one team can play games again 

Seriously we can put a team together within a week or two if necessary we aren’t going to bring players in you need take a reality check what is going on around you? Are you one of the ones crowding into pubs thinking this is a holiday? Too many deluded people.I ask a question Greggs would you as Chairman sign players willy nilly ?Apart from Stockport and maybe a couple of others there’s no money and no prospect of playing .

7 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Seriously we can put a team together within a week or two if necessary we aren’t going to bring players in you need take a reality check what is going on around you? Are you one of the ones crowding into pubs thinking this is a holiday? Too many deluded people.I ask a question Greggs would you as Chairman sign players willy nilly ?Apart from Stockport and maybe a couple of others there’s no money and no prospect of playing .

No I haven't been into a pub in the 5 months since the pandemic started. 

What I have done is attended work In crowded supermarkets for the past 5 months. You know what if I want to believe that the season is going to start in 2 months time that's exactly what I will do. 

The league has stated they wish to start again on the 3rd of October. 

I dont know if you've been watching the news but what's running alongside this it's a recession and as far as I am concerned the world is going to have to go back to normal before this virus is gone. As I have stated on other threads people are losing there jobs daily. If that's happening they ain't contributing to tax etc. 

Do you think the government wanted to reopen the amount of stuff they already have? I.e pubs (knowing people were going to flout the rules) they wouldn't have opened anything yet it they didn't need the income coming back in. 

If you can force people into wearing masks to go everywhere else and state it's safe you can enforce it in a football stadium. 

So we go round again. The lockdown has been removed further in many parts as of last night and the league will start on October 3rd with or without us because if it doesn't if we hang about for a cure there wont be any clubs left for the league too come back. 

Edited by Greggs
7 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Its pre season now, no friendlies have taken place yet, just like every pre season so we will be signing players like every club still is regardless of what is going on. If we get another lock down or a second wave etc then we cross that bridge when it comes, as will every other person and football club. Do you really think our chairman has just shut up shop and not signing anyone because because of covid... dont be deluded yourself. Stop being the government's sheep, wash your hands, put your mask on and get on with life

51 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Its pre season now, no friendlies have taken place yet, just like every pre season so we will be signing players like every club still is regardless of what is going on. If we get another lock down or a second wave etc then we cross that bridge when it comes, as will every other person and football club. Do you really think our chairman has just shut up shop and not signing anyone because because of covid... dont be deluded yourself. Stop being the government's sheep, wash your hands, put your mask on and get on with life

I am not the Government Sheep I have a life but without a Football ground we are not Playing Football and Calderdale won’t be opening Shay anytime soon and whatever the Government is easing Calderdale are not we are close to another full lockdown.

2 hours ago, Greggs said:

No I haven't been into a pub in the 5 months since the pandemic started. 

What I have done is attended work In crowded supermarkets for the past 5 months. You know what if I want to believe that the season is going to start in 2 months time that's exactly what I will do. 

The league has stated they wish to start again on the 3rd of October. 

I dont know if you've been watching the news but what's running alongside this it's a recession and as far as I am concerned the world is going to have to go back to normal before this virus is gone. As I have stated on other threads people are losing there jobs daily. If that's happening they ain't contributing to tax etc. 

Do you think the government wanted to reopen the amount of stuff they already have? I.e pubs (knowing people were going to flout the rules) they wouldn't have opened anything yet it they didn't need the income coming back in. 

If you can force people into wearing masks to go everywhere else and state it's safe you can enforce it in a football stadium. 

So we go round again. The lockdown has been removed further in many parts as of last night and the league will start on October 3rd with or without us because if it doesn't if we hang about for a cure there wont be any clubs left for the league too come back. 

In my opinion football grounds should be open and you don’t need a bloody mask In Football grounds should have been opened before pubs..But you are dealing with a Council that are a basket case and the Chairman knows this better than anyone he needs to bring money into the club but at the same time has to keep cost down .This League cannot and will not play behind closed doors even if they let spectators in on October 1 st which they are suggesting it’s still up to the local authority to get things moving 6 weeks to the start of the season but 90 % of other clubs are in the same situation as we are .

11 hours ago, ITMAN said:

What is it with Calderdale, why can people not get their heads around what they need to do in a pandemic situation? 

We were a low infection area five or six weeks ago what happened. Is it the re opening of pubs & restaurants or just simply idiots who are incapable of following rules. Gangs of kids roaming towns not adhering to distancing doesn't help.