I wish I still had. Like most kids whilst I didn't wreck my toys they got used heavily and discarded on the way. If I knew how much they would be worth nowadays I wouldd of kept them and treated them better.

• Like 2

I think those shirts with numbers on the front were used for just the two Watney Cup games, although the strip belonged to the previous season. By the time the 1971-72 League season kicked off, Town had tangerine shirts with a darker blue collar and darker blue shorts.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Shaymus said:

I think those shirts with numbers on the front were used for just the two Watney Cup games, although the strip belonged to the previous season. By the time the 1971-72 League season kicked off, Town had tangerine shirts with a darker blue collar and darker blue shorts.

Were the numbers just on the front allowed in league games? 

10 hours ago, Shaymus said:

that looks like tangerine to me!

55 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

that looks like tangerine to me!

Yes, the shirts are tangerine. That wasn't my point. It was the design and colour of the collars which you should have picked up on. As well as the darker blue shorts.

11 hours ago, Shaymus said:

I might have mentioned this before, but this is my favourite Town kit !!! Ever?

halifax_town_1971-1972-late-q.gif

14 hours ago, FCHT15 said:

Some fans favourite kit ever..I agree definitely one of my best too

Is that Tony Rhodes? Cant remember the one in white, think he was someone famous though??

Edited by TommyH72
3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Good to see you back FCHT15. hope you are well.

I´d settle for that number 6 playing for us now.

Thanks Steve Yes im fine..I hope you are too mate 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Shaymus said:

The kit worn for the rest of 1971-72.

1971-72.JPG

What great days!! And the first time I've seen a photo of Jim McKernan on the Town team photo. He was at Tommy Moores and I remember when he was due to leave Jim O Reilly the headmaster announced to us all in assembly that that Jim was joining Halifax Town as an apprentice. Big deal back in those days! Wonder what happened to him?