• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At a club like ours I don't get the 'I will only buy a season ticket if we sign....' Right now the club needs our support more than most other moments. To be honest, if you follow the Shay expecting t

Kit matters because without him who would do bucket collection at south stand turnstiles

of course it does, for the sponsor!! They pay us money so we advertise them and hype them up, why wouldn't we. They pay money for the publicity

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, malifax said:

Embroidered badge u hope and not a 2 wash wonder

I find the badges are absolute fine, it’s sponsors logo that just peel off with the adidas kits

Having said that, think the last couple of years seem better

Edited by shaymandownsouff
Just now, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

How exactly is Clarke a waste of a contract?

37-not the fastest-high wages and we have a small budget IMO we could spend it elsewhere and we could well have a CB as our first signing. He is a good club man with experience I just don't think we can afford him as a squad player.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

37-not the fastest-high wages and we have a small budget IMO we could spend it elsewhere and we could well have a CB as our first signing. He is a good club man with experience I just don't think we can afford him as a squad player.

How do you know how much he’s on?

or is it the usual ITK guff?

9 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

not much slower then Brown and reads the game better. 

Brown is a bigger waste due to his injury record.

Thank god that he's listed of we are on about waste of wages over a clubman with with experience

2 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Thank god that he's listed of we are on about waste of wages over a clubman with with experience

I'm not too bothered about Matty going either who I might add was a good clubman also with experience but they both got found out last season.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

I might add I actually like Clarke and if we could afford to keep him as squad player/coach OK but on a small budget I guess we cannot.

It could well be that Clarke, as a local lad, is just happy to be seeing out the last of his playing days with his home town club and while drawing a wage isn't commanding a huge fee. 

On a personal POV, if he feels he has another year in him than I'm very happy for him to be with us. Theres not many players who I feel "get" what it means to play for us, however I think Clarke is one. He is a player who I feel cares about the club and has good standards of professionalism. That with his experience means he offers a fair bit to those around him. It could also be the case that his experience helps the coaches out too, so we may be saving money on that front.

(For the record, Brown is probably the other main player who I feel cares about the club. I'm still not best pleased he is listed in truth)

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Logic say's coming from Leyton he would have taken a big drop to be one of our higher earners.

Clarke came from Grimsby, it was a while since he had played for Orient. If it is true what I heard he has looked after his earnings so money may not be the be all and end all.

Just now, townmad said:

Clarke came from Grimsby, it was a while since he had played for Orient. If it is true what I heard he has looked after his earnings so money may not be the be all and end all.

I would have thought with his career he is quite a wealthy man that does not mean he or his agent would not try and get the best deal for him.

26 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I would have thought with his career he is quite a wealthy man that does not mean he or his agent would not try and get the best deal for him.

It also doesnt mean he is a decent bloke who is happy extending his career with his hometown club for a reasonable wage inline with the clubs structure, especially given the fact he was ready to hang his boots up until JF signed him. 

Edited by Papa Lazarou
1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

It also doesnt mean he is a decent bloke who is happy extending his career with his hometown club for a reasonable wage inline with the clubs structure, especially given the fact he was ready to hang his boots up until JF signed him. 

JF is a very, very wealthy man but he didn't work for nothing.