Really believe we can do it .. promotion

1 hour ago, Redcard said:

There is a lot of optimism on here coz fans want to believe the impossible! BWood finished on a great run and have home advantage, Rodney gone and no McAlinden. Both players largely responsible for our good form. We finished the season badly with a terrible home defeat. We will strugggle to score and play a containment game reducing our goal scoring chances further. And, to win promotion we need three wins. That’s a tall order and will be the biggest achievement ever in our history if we pull it off.

In the words of Alright Andy, "believe and it will happen....."

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Redcard said:

There is a lot of optimism on here coz fans want to believe the impossible! BWood finished on a great run and have home advantage, Rodney gone and no McAlinden. Both players largely responsible for our good form. We finished the season badly with a terrible home defeat. We will strugggle to score and play a containment game reducing our goal scoring chances further. And, to win promotion we need three wins. That’s a tall order and will be the biggest achievement ever in our history if we pull it off.

Iirc our neighbours gained promotion via the playoffs to the premier League without scoring a goal in open play or normal time. It means nothing in the playoffs. And they finished the season with a negative goal difference...

Edited by StVn1987
1 minute ago, mj85 said:

As it's the League 2 playoff final at an empty Wembley tonight, who would you want to stay down and play next season- Northampton or Exeter?

Seems absurdly pointless playing at Wembley, why not use somewhere more practical . Exeter are worth more travel points than Northampton

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mj85 said:

As it's the League 2 playoff final at an empty Wembley tonight, who would you want to stay down and play next season- Northampton or Exeter?

Wouldn’t be too bothered really...

11 minutes ago, mj85 said:

Much rather it was Northampton that stayed down tbh. Whilst it's not the closest of games, it's nowhere near as far as Exeter'd be.

17 minutes ago, mj85 said:

Exeter for me. I have relations who live in Tiverton, so it's a good excuse to kill 2 birds with one stone.....

20 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Exeter for me. I have relations who live in Tiverton, so it's a good excuse to kill 2 birds with one stone.....

I have seen former Town 'favourite' Brian Quailey score a last minute FA cup winner for Nuneaton at Tiverton Town on a Tuesday night many years ago. 

Tidy little ground, and not a bad town for a beer.

6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Northampton to stay down. They should bring a better following. Also, I want them to be relegated to Non League at some point. 

Why, what have they done to upset you:D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Why, what have they done to upset you:D

They should have gone down instead of us back in 93. They've had a few flirts with relegation and always pulled away. 

It's their time now. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Seems absurdly pointless playing at Wembley, why not use somewhere more practical . Exeter are worth more travel points than Northampton

at least you can easily fly down to Exeter with FlyBe.......oh hang on.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mj85 said:

I have seen former Town 'favourite' Brian Quailey score a last minute FA cup winner for Nuneaton at Tiverton Town on a Tuesday night many years ago. 

Tidy little ground, and not a bad town for a beer.

My lasting memory of Quailey is of him firing centres in so hard they usually ended up going for a throw in on the other side without the ball touching the ground (sometimes finishing halfway up the Skircoat). :lol:

Edited by townmad
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, townmad said:

My lasting memory of Quailey is of him firing centres in so hard they usually ended up going for a throw in on the other side without the ball touching the ground (sometimes finishing halfway up the Skircoat). :lol:

He terrorised the current England manager in the third round of the F.A Cup a few months later. 

4 hours ago, mj85 said:

Exeter. I have a soft spot for Northampton. 

3 hours ago, mj85 said:

He terrorised the current England manager in the third round of the F.A Cup a few months later. 

I always liked him. Gave 100% in just about every game. He didn't always supply the final ball but he'd beat 2 or 3 men to tey and deliver it. 

• Like 1