Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Totally agree but I have not actually seen any rules set out for these PO´s.

Yes it will be interesting how the NL try to keep a level playing field when it comes to eligibility of who can play and who can not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Not trying to be prickly, but I genuinely think club interaction has been really good this season?

Particularly in this enforced break with updates, players calling fans, re-runs of games?

Or maybe I’m just being rose tinted.

I expect that you will have something to measure it against compared to how recent joiners such as I see things. If it has been abysmal in the past then yes, it is a huge improvement. However, we should not rest on our laurels and the club should engage, especially via the Supporters Club, with the fans to see what could be improved further. The website is the biggest shop window the club has and it has world wide visibility, just look at the locations of users on this forum (Lanzarote/Norway/Belgium/Australia to name a few).

There are probably thousands of ex-Halifax residents who have dispersed across the globe, and who have a soft spot for the Shay and the team, after all for most of us it was a significant part of our formative years, so we should be tapping into this "expat" community in order to help us push on with "Project Playoffs" and beyond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Not trying to be prickly, but I genuinely think club interaction has been really good this season?

Particularly in this enforced break with updates, players calling fans, re-runs of games?

Or maybe I’m just being rose tinted.

I agree. The club have been excellent on the communication. Some people just like to criticise for the sake of criticising 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shay said:

Winning the play offs behind closed doors will be utterly dreadful. Football without fans is nothing. I switched the Premier League off after five minutes. Soulless heartless passionless. Utterly abysmal. 

Winning promotion to the FL will be great.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a massive opportunity for the club irrespective of how its come around and how we were playing in March. What is important is how well prepared and the attitude of the lads when the action starts, it's the most open play offs ever and form in March is irrelevant as so much has changed and so many things can now affect the clubs. What we must do as fans is come together as one, and despite the fact we can't offer our support at the game/games we can all do our bit to achieve the goal of the EFL. The club are going to ask for our help in a number of ways I expect, I hope we can all offer some help, but what we  an offer is a positive outlook and massive positivity on this forum and on social media. The club read these posts as do players, so let's show them that we are behind them 100% and try our very best to offer our support in anyway we can!!!! Up The Shaymen 

Edited by Papa Lazarou
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m looking forward to watching it on BT

bet Pete Wild and the players are buzzing about now been given this opportunity of a potential promotion 
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grayski said:

I’m looking forward to watching it on BT

bet Pete Wild and the players are buzzing about now been given this opportunity of a potential promotion 
 

what time would kick-off be? i'm down to work that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

what time would kick-off be? i'm down to work that day.

Nothing has been said about days apart from the first games have to be played by the 18th July 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Boreham wood rumoured to be signing Keeper today from Chesterfield so can´t see them doing that if he cannot play.

I think it’s unfair for clubs to be signing new players who are then able to compete in the play offs, it gives an advantage to the clubs with more money who could potentially just sign the best free agents going in order to play them in the play offs. It should be the same squad (where possible) that were competing in the regular season.
 

Obviously these are unprecedented circumstances so that might not always be possible, so maybe any incoming transfers have to be like-for-like and a proposal has to be put forward by the club and approved by the league in order to take part in the play offs. Has anyone seen any actually guidance from the league about who can take part in the play offs in terms of new signings?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think this has to come into play.

We kept on our squad because play offs were always on the table. Boreham Wood released theirs and now wanting to sign new players?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

I think it’s unfair for clubs to be signing new players who are then able to compete in the play offs, it gives an advantage to the clubs with more money who could potentially just sign the best free agents going in order to play them in the play offs. It should be the same squad (where possible) that were competing in the regular season.
 

Obviously these are unprecedented circumstances so that might not always be possible, so maybe any incoming transfers have to be like-for-like and a proposal has to be put forward by the club and approved by the league in order to take part in the play offs. Has anyone seen any actually guidance from the league about who can take part in the play offs in terms of new signings?

I agree, you could almost sign/loan  anyone in or out of contract on a 1 month golden contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ash said:

Think this has to come into play.

We kept on our squad because play offs were always on the table. Boreham Wood released theirs and now wanting to sign new players?

100% agree but might not if Mr B had followed BHW's example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ash said:

Think this has to come into play.

We kept on our squad because play offs were always on the table. Boreham Wood released theirs and now wanting to sign new players?

As did Notts Co & Harrogate. They released players but kept a squad back incase the playoffs happen. Its wrong if its allowed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Yes it will be interesting how the NL try to keep a level playing field when it comes to eligibility of who can play and who can not

Any player registered at the club on the 26th March 2020 which is when the transfer deadline was. Simple really 

Edited by Papa Lazarou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the NL allow teams to bring players in then every team could pretty much say ‘Right, sign for us for 3 weeks on £500 a week. If we get promoted theres a £50K bonus for you". A team of ringers would cost half a million, yet promotion is worth £1M in league money alone.

The league must make sure no new signings are made. 

Edited by Flea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quickest way to raise money Mr. B do a share issue say 10 pound per share 1000 fans buy 10 shares each =100K, 1000 fans buy 100 shares each =1,000,000. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Flea said:

If the NL allow teams to bring players in then every team could pretty much say ‘Right, sign for us for 3 weeks on £500 a week. If we get promoted theres a £50K bonus for you. A team of ringers would cost half a million, yet promotion is worth £1M in league money alone.

The league must make sure no new signings are made. 

Agree 100% so many players would jump at the change of making a quick buck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Agree 100% so many players would jump at the change of making a quick buck 

Yep, Imagine being a current free agent L1 player and receiving that offer. Who would turn down £50k for a months work when they have no contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flea said:

Yep, Imagine being a current free agent L1 player and receiving that offer. Who would turn down £50k for a months work when they have no contract.

If its allowed I would back FCHT pulling out of the play offs questioning the competions integrity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Quickest way to raise money Mr. B do a share issue say 10 pound per share 1000 fans buy 10 shares each =100K, 1000 fans buy 100 shares each =1,000,000. 

I think Mr B would make them Class B shares with non-voting rights ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...