• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great move for Josh, closer to home and a team who’ll be up there. Think we’ll miss him, real hard worker and one i’d have liked to keep. Seemed like a very likeable bloke as well. Best of luck to him

Good luck to him. Gave it his all. Wish him well 

Tobi Sho-Silva to be our promotion hero!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

James Alabi who's just been released by Orient certainly fits the bill of the striker described earlier in the thread, make of that what you will

Certainly not prolific. I'd be hoping we can do better. 

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

James Alabi who's just been released by Orient certainly fits the bill of the striker described earlier in the thread, make of that what you will

Nope. want better than that 

39 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Certainly not prolific. I'd be hoping we can do better. 

Redshaw and Rodney with a young striker from somewhere like Sheffield United on loan for the season, would be my ideal choice. 

55 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Redshaw and Rodney with a young striker from somewhere like Sheffield United on loan for the season, would be my ideal choice. 

Or Tunde Owolabi from FC United. 34 goals in 41 games 

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Who knows? 

I don’t think he comes cheap....perhaps a club that is well backed might be a bigger pull.

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Or Tunde Owolabi from FC United. 34 goals in 41 games 

Great scoring rate. Has anyone actually seen him play? 

The standard in the national league has dropped and I'm wondering if it's the same in their league? 

Edited by Erik Everhard
Just now, Cheadle End said:

I don’t think he comes cheap....perhaps a club that is well backed might be a bigger pull.

He won't and he might be out of our price range. But if he goes to Stockport he may end up playing from the bench. If he comes back to The Shay he would be in our first 11. 

Stockport might and probably will look elsewhere. At the same time, some clubs are going to struggle to stay a float and that could and probably will have knock on for players wages. If it does then we stand a decent chance.

37 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Great scoring rate. Has anyobe actually seen him play? 

The standard in the national league has dropped and I'm wondering if it's the same in their league? 

You can watch highlights. Looks great to be honest and he’s young. 

31 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

If he has pace and can hold the ball up then he sounds ideal. 

Only potential problems will his fee and other clubs coming in for him. 

That is some scoring record though at any level. 

3 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Nope. want better than that 

Oh I agree, just seems the type of player we'd be all over given who we've signed in the past plus fits the description

7 hours ago, Cheadle End said:

Bankrolled and living beyond their means you mean ;)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Cheadle End said:

He played for a club that got some backing last season and he wanted to come back here. This is the only place he's been banging goals in consistently, now we might not be able to get him. We will have to wait and see

8 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Problem with highlights is they are exactly that. Noone is filming the ball bouncing 50 yard away from him off his shins. He might be decent but you can make anyone look good with highlights. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Problem with highlights is they are exactly that. Noone is filming the ball bouncing 50 yard away from him off his shins. He might be decent but you can make anyone look good with highlights. 

Rodney looked garbage from highlights. Decent player now though

Edited by TJAshton
9 hours ago, Cheadle End said:

You really think Rodney will play for you next season?

I think he might..if he wants to be playing first team football and at a club who make him feel welcome and loved by the fans 

17 minutes ago, Ash said:

Even I would look good in a highlights package, a short one at that though I might add.

Not anymore you wouldn’t pal. Stats speak for themselves with this lad from Fc United. Atleast worth a look 

19 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Not anymore you wouldn’t pal. Stats speak for themselves with this lad from Fc United. Atleast worth a look 

Probably the sort of guy you would offer a trial to but he's most likely got an agent filling his head full of nonsense about getting him a 3 year deal in league one!