On 5/9/2020 at 9:40 AM, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

EXfLZl2WkAEmA0p.thumb.jpg.21c16341d4812a0001a9ff99fdc6eb83.jpg

I can see Gilly sneaking into that one next to Billy. Lenny up front, many more familiar faces. It was one of the strangest days following Town, all those years avoiding disaster and then it smacks you in the face. Was in mourning for weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
16 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

I can see Gilly sneaking into that one next to Billy. Lenny up front, many more familiar faces. It was one of the strangest days following Town, all those years avoiding disaster and then it smacks you in the face. Was in mourning for weeks. 

Looking at that photo brought it all back. 

I can remember drinking round Town before the game and the pubs were packed. Everyone was nervous but there was still plenty of folk saying we'll do it. 

Then hearing during the game that Northampton were losing and all we had to do was just score. 

But then Northampton started their comeback and when I heard theyd taken the lead I just broke down. 

A mate of mine who is a scouser will never let me forget that it was me crying that set him off and he was seen on the pitch wiping tears from his face on national telly. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1