Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Had some good news though. 

Just been to the supermarket and Jersey Royal New Potatoes are out again. I love this time of year. 

A bit of smoked fish, some Jersey Royals, peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, and a bit of margarine on the spuds and fish. 

RUN DMC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Had some good news though. 

Just been to the supermarket and Jersey Royal New Potatoes are out again. I love this time of year. 

A bit of smoked fish, some Jersey Royals, peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, and a bit of margarine on the spuds and fish. 

RUN DMC. 

Jersey Royals don't seem to have the same distinctive taste as when I was a child or maybe I have the virus!

Agree about going well with fish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Had some good news though. 

Just been to the supermarket and Jersey Royal New Potatoes are out again. I love this time of year. 

A bit of smoked fish, some Jersey Royals, peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, and a bit of margarine on the spuds and fish. 

RUN DMC. 

Butter!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am 100 percent with Trev on this I'm 74 years old now and learned at an early age how the government cons the people. You believe they are looking out for you .WRONG

Like Trev I have looked into this. and it is not good reading. You say you don't trust Boris, but he tells you you should stay in your homes and we can't see you for dust.

You put yourselves under house arrest because a man you don't trust tells you to.. Trev has taken the trouble to read up on this and all you can do is call him names. Sheeple

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mrsutts said:

I am 100 percent with Trev on this I'm 74 years old now and learned at an early age how the government cons the people. You believe they are looking out for you .WRONG

Like Trev I have looked into this. and it is not good reading. You say you don't trust Boris, but he tells you you should stay in your homes and we can't see you for dust.

You put yourselves under house arrest because a man you don't trust tells you to.. Trev has taken the trouble to read up on this and all you can do is call him names. Sheeple

 

Very disappointed the R value (effective reproductive number) regarding Shaytrev has risen from zero to 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mrsutts said:

I am 100 percent with Trev on this I'm 74 years old now and learned at an early age how the government cons the people. You believe they are looking out for you .WRONG

Like Trev I have looked into this. and it is not good reading. You say you don't trust Boris, but he tells you you should stay in your homes and we can't see you for dust.

You put yourselves under house arrest because a man you don't trust tells you to.. Trev has taken the trouble to read up on this and all you can do is call him names. Sheeple

I like BoJo. Not as a politician but as a host of Have I Got News For You. It's not him I trust, it's the body of scientists that are advising every government on the planet. I'm sure you can find dissenting voices within the scientific community, that's pretty standard, but what exactly are we supposed to do? Trust the 99 who say one thing, or the 1 who says the opposite? There have been times in human history where the 1 has been dead right and they'd have been persecuted for being so. But right now? Where almost everyone in the western world are still free individuals, able to follow their consciences without fear of negative consequences?

If Covid-19 was a massive conspiracy, there would be more people saying so, not just those from the Breitbart school of thinking. Almost every individual offered by Trev as proof has been debunked as a crank or an anarchist or someone with a beef against their professional community. And as I said earlier, if the lock-down appeared never-ending, then we'd all start to query how real it is. But the lock-down is being gradually lifted, in some places its gone entirely. Life is returning to normal in pockets across the world, and those pockets are getting larger every week. So, are we to believe that the conspiracy of almost every government, friend and foe, almost every scientist and healthcare professional, of almost every intellectual, was to have 80-90% of the population locked inside their homes for just a couple or so months? To what end? What advantage does that give those behind the conspiracy?

If those pushing the conspiracy could posit and articulate arguments as to why their conspiracy holds water, what those behind it have to gain in the short, medium or long term, rather than just constantly resorting to insults, perhaps people would be a bit more open minded. But you don't. You insult.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, mrsutts said:

I am 100 percent with Trev on this I'm 74 years old now and learned at an early age how the government cons the people. You believe they are looking out for you .WRONG

Like Trev I have looked into this. and it is not good reading. You say you don't trust Boris, but he tells you you should stay in your homes and we can't see you for dust.

You put yourselves under house arrest because a man you don't trust tells you to.. Trev has taken the trouble to read up on this and all you can do is call him names. Sheeple

 

Yeh right trev!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you were being cynical you would look at who will make money out of it.

Warren Buffet always does well for himself in this type of situation.

Not sure if China will have benefited but no doubt someone will work it out eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hands Off The Shay said:

If you were being cynical you would look at who will make money out of it.

Warren Buffet always does well for himself in this type of situation.

Not sure if China will have benefited but no doubt someone will work it out eventually.

It's the first time in 20 years that China's economy has shrank.

The mega rich will ha e lost money on their shares, but they'll have bought shares cheap too. 

It usually depends on stocks and shares price as to who is the richest person from year to year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrsutts said:

I am 100 percent with Trev on this I'm 74 years old now and learned at an early age how the government cons the people. You believe they are looking out for you .WRONG

Like Trev I have looked into this. and it is not good reading. You say you don't trust Boris, but he tells you you should stay in your homes and we can't see you for dust.

You put yourselves under house arrest because a man you don't trust tells you to.. Trev has taken the trouble to read up on this and all you can do is call him names. Sheeple

 

The gullible brothers

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I like BoJo. Not as a politician but as a host of Have I Got News For You. It's not him I trust, it's the body of scientists that are advising every government on the planet. I'm sure you can find dissenting voices within the scientific community, that's pretty standard, but what exactly are we supposed to do? Trust the 99 who say one thing, or the 1 who says the opposite? There have been times in human history where the 1 has been dead right and they'd have been persecuted for being so. But right now? Where almost everyone in the western world are still free individuals, able to follow their consciences without fear of negative consequences?

If Covid-19 was a massive conspiracy, there would be more people saying so, not just those from the Breitbart school of thinking. Almost every individual offered by Trev as proof has been debunked as a crank or an anarchist or someone with a beef against their professional community. And as I said earlier, if the lock-down appeared never-ending, then we'd all start to query how real it is. But the lock-down is being gradually lifted, in some places its gone entirely. Life is returning to normal in pockets across the world, and those pockets are getting larger every week. So, are we to believe that the conspiracy of almost every government, friend and foe, almost every scientist and healthcare professional, of almost every intellectual, was to have 80-90% of the population locked inside their homes for just a couple or so months? To what end? What advantage does that give those behind the conspiracy?

If those pushing the conspiracy could posit and articulate arguments as to why their conspiracy holds water, what those behind it have to gain in the short, medium or long term, rather than just constantly resorting to insults, perhaps people would be a bit more open minded. But you don't. You insult.

A superb post. 

Very well said that man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

A superb post. 

Very well said that man. 

 

Could have been written by someone from the BBC. You obviously swallow whole Erik. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

He arrived with a mouthful of obscenity then played the victim. Simply pointing out the fact which is proven in the posts.

However you never replied about if your ancestors would be proud of you!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

 

Could have been written by someone from the BBC. You obviously swallow whole Erik. 

The thing is bud it's real and everything Hoddie said is spot on. 

The virus skipped species and then hit us. It happened in China and then spread all over the world. 

Many governments including our own weren't fully prepared and its hit us hard. 

It's not man made. It's not part of a plot to make us take a non existant vaccine or any other illogical nonsense that's doing the rounds at the moment. It's nothing to do with 5G, or Bill Gates, although he does look a bit like the hooded claw from Penelope Pitstop. Wait a minute. I wonder if the makers of Penelope Pitstop were trying to subliminally tell us that a man wearing glasses who pretends to be good is actually bad and wants to hurt us? Sound far fetched? Lots of it about bud. Absolutely fecking rediculous is most of the stuff I read at the moment. 

Utter codswallop. Meanwhile people are dying. Dying of a new virus that has caught the world on the hop.despite warnings. 

We've known for decades that the biggest threat to the human race is a virus that will wipe us all out. A long, long time. We are much less likely to die in a nuclear war or if an asteroid hits earth or etc etc etc. This hasn't just dropped out of nowhere. We've had mock ups and been given enough reports from our own scientists never mind the other countries scientists to know that its only a matter of time before a virus comes along and hits us hard. 

No Bill Gates involvement. No 5G, no shadowy world order sat in their mansions a la the X Files discussing their plans for world domination. Just real life events that have happened naturally. 

Look at Spanish Flu. The last big pandemic, similar to this one. Well, I say Spanish, it started in America (hold your horses Bill Gates hadn't been born) and then spread like wild fire all over the world. Called Spanish flu because they had a free press and they were the first to report the virus. The American Press were silenced as were others at that time. 

Spanish Flu happened naturally. These things do. 

You aren't Fox Mulder we're not Dana Scully :blink:

Ignore the gobbledegook and poppycock that's written on those barmy sites and watch some old films or old footie matches. I don't know what sort of music you like but why not listen to some music or take up knitting and maybe even bake a cake. 

And no, I'm not a snake. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

The thing is bud it's real and everything Hoddie said is spot on. 

The virus skipped species and then hit us. It happened in China and then spread all over the world. 

Many governments including our own weren't fully prepared and its hit us hard. 

It's not man made. It's not part of a plot to make us take a non existant vaccine or any other illogical nonsense that's doing the rounds at the moment. It's nothing to do with 5G, or Bill Gates, although he does look a bit like the hooded claw from Penelope Pitstop. Wait a minute. I wonder if the makers of Penelope Pitstop were trying to subliminally tell us that a man wearing glasses who pretends to be good is actually bad and wants to hurt us? Sound far fetched? Lots of it about bud. Absolutely fecking rediculous is most of the stuff I read at the moment. 

Utter codswallop. Meanwhile people are dying. Dying of a new virus that has caught the world on the hop.despite warnings. 

We've known for decades that the biggest threat to the human race is a virus that will wipe us all out. A long, long time. We are much less likely to die in a nuclear war or if an asteroid hits earth or etc etc etc. This hasn't just dropped out of nowhere. We've had mock ups and been given enough reports from our own scientists never mind the other countries scientists to know that its only a matter of time before a virus comes along and hits us hard. 

No Bill Gates involvement. No 5G, no shadowy world order sat in their mansions a la the X Files discussing their plans for world domination. Just real life events that have happened naturally. 

Look at Spanish Flu. The last big pandemic, similar to this one. Well, I say Spanish, it started in America (hold your horses Bill Gates hadn't been born) and then spread like wild fire all over the world. Called Spanish flu because they had a free press and they were the first to report the virus. The American Press were silenced as were others at that time. 

Spanish Flu happened naturally. These things do. 

You aren't Fox Mulder we're not Dana Scully :blink:

Ignore the gobbledegook and poppycock that's written on those barmy sites and watch some old films or old footie matches. I don't know what sort of music you like but why not listen to some music or take up knitting and maybe even bake a cake. 

And no, I'm not a snake. 

No but you are The Gobbledegook King.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

No but you are The Gobbledegook King.

As opposed to a complete moron!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mrsutts said:

I am 100 percent with Trev on this I'm 74 years old now and learned at an early age how the government cons the people. You believe they are looking out for you .WRONG

Like Trev I have looked into this. and it is not good reading. You say you don't trust Boris, but he tells you you should stay in your homes and we can't see you for dust.

You put yourselves under house arrest because a man you don't trust tells you to.. Trev has taken the trouble to read up on this and all you can do is call him names. Sheeple

 

Nobody is owed a living by anyone, you go out and earn it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

No but you are The Gobbledegook King.

An excellent retort full of facts and figures based on a detailed research of the English Language Very hard to respond Erik to such a colossus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

An excellent retort full of facts and figures based on a detailed research of the English Language Very hard to respond Erik to such a colossus

Oh!, you return with all your wisdom. I have posted more facts and evidence than your dull brain could ever absorb. It has been totally ignored and/or mocked by the likes of you or that lump of lard in Brussels. None of you have ever posted anything above your insults, not one thing, no research whatsoever on 5G, Corona Virus or Vaccines. False facts from The Government is all you can bring, some idiots still spew hate against the same Government yet follow all their directives to the letter, you could not make it up. Carry on with your ignorance, it will die with you eventually. R.I.P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Oh!, you return with all your wisdom. I have posted more facts and evidence than your dull brain could ever absorb. It has been totally ignored and/or mocked by the likes of you or that lump of lard in Brussels. None of you have ever posted anything above your insults, not one thing, no research whatsoever on 5G, Corona Virus or Vaccines. False facts from The Government is all you can bring, some idiots still spew hate against the same Government yet follow all their directives to the letter, you could not make it up. Carry on with your ignorance, it will die with you eventually. R.I.P.

Gentleman, Trev here may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot. (Marx)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Gentleman, Trev here may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot. (Marx)

Don’t recall seeing that in any of the Capital volumes. Or was it originally put down in the Grundrisse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pliny Harris said:

Were my eyes deceiving me or did I see Shaytrog make a rare trip to protest in Hebden Bridge on VE Day?

Ha ha ! Yes probably, what a set of clowns,  needless to say, over a thousand comments on facebook, I think three in support of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Ha ha ! Yes probably, what a set of clowns,  needless to say, over a thousand comments on facebook, I think three in support of them!

A lot of VE Day street partygoers inadvertently following their advice too...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Ha ha ! Yes probably, what a set of clowns,  needless to say, over a thousand comments on facebook, I think three in support of them!

Enter through the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who go through it. How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it.

Matthew 7: 13,14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...