10 Year Anniversary

Stasi Pants

One of those games that we’ll never forget, I was talking to a fellow town fan that night,  town were 3-1 down not long left and he said  to me I’ve seen enough I’m off see you later, I haven’t seen that town fan since , I would love to known how he felt at the point he saw the final score, ho what a night.

I was there that night but I was one of the lucky ones that stayed but I did think of getting out of the ground before the end of the game.parking was horrendous around the ground and it was obvious that it would be a nightmare to get away after the final whistle.I standing in front of the only stand in the ground next to a mother and her son and said I was thinking of going . I can't remember what made me change my mind to stay but at the end of the game the lady turned to me and said bet you are glad that u changed your mind now.never forget that night.

Ten years, stone me crows!

I wish I was there. My family had someone texting us updates. We got a text saying Garforth had just gone 3-1 up. We then waited about 15 minutes for what should have been full time. No texts at all in between. Then we got a text just saying "4-3". 4-3!? Who for? Ffs!

We had to text again and wait another 5 minutes. "To us. Result!" That sent us dancing around the house and screaming before we ran straight to the pub for whiskey and beer. 

Looking at the grainy Shaymen Player footage there's this sound when Scooby's lob drops in behind the goal-line and bounces into the net, like a mixture of an intake of air and an almighty scream. The laptop in front of the cameraman flies into the air. 

I doubt we'll ever experience an ecstacy like that ever again.

Happy Garforth day everyone!

Wasn’t there, but have been in tears watching the highlights to it before.

Still the most jubilant week as a Shayman for me. We started it with a routine bank holiday win at Rossendale to keep up the pace with the league leaders, we almost lost that pace for good by the 88th minute that Wednesday.

By full-time, we were still in the game. Next match: Lancaster City at home, the winner goes top. I couldn’t sleep for the three intervening days.

As if it were sudden, our best crowd of the season doubles and we finish 4–0 victors due to battle and pace. Halifax Town ceases to be a name that constantly outdoes itself in failure every few years. We became a club that could do better, and could thrive again.

1 hour ago, Pliny Harris said:

Wasn’t there, but have been in tears watching the highlights to it before.

Still the most jubilant week as a Shayman for me. We started it with a routine bank holiday win at Rossendale to keep up the pace with the league leaders, we almost lost that pace for good by the 88th minute that Wednesday.

By full-time, we were still in the game. Next match: Lancaster City at home, the winner goes top. I couldn’t sleep for the three intervening days.

As if it were sudden, our best crowd of the season doubles and we finish 4–0 victors due to battle and pace. Halifax Town ceases to be a name that constantly outdoes itself in failure every few years. We became a club that could do better, and could thrive again.

And let’s not forgot beating Curzon Ashton 5-0 at their place. Was a superb feeling and topped a great week, followed by Lancaster losing to Bamber the following night when their live updates played La Bamba when they scored! Bliss! 

I can remember the pandemonium when Scooby got the winner and absolute chaos at the final whistle. Never seen so many people with grins that were nearly splitting their faces. I don't think I slept that night, I tried to remember the goals but the game had become a blur and it was terrible waiting for the highlights to be shown so I could relive it all over again and then get to remember the goals. they are now etched in my memory forever.

Archived