2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Big question, would you start the remainder of this season with new players recruited or keep the same team. Personally I don´t feel that this virus will be out of the way by then.

Good question, in fairness I would want to see the clubs operate with the same squads that had when they closed down. Accept there may be some missing after the dust settle but no one should be allowed the unfair advantage of bringing in a load of ringers for the last 9 games.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do they use jumpers for goal posts.

their*

That's how he pronounced it Slough it .A few places where the spelling is different to how it sounds . Keighley ....Keithley  Sowerby .....Sorbey. Burnley ........Shithole .

7 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Good question, in fairness I would want to see the clubs operate with the same squads that had when they closed down. Accept there may be some missing after the dust settle but no one should be allowed the unfair advantage of bringing in a load of ringers for the last 9 games.

Tend to agree but and it´s a big but very little time finishing old season signing new players for new season starting plus by this time old players will probably know they are being released and could have signed pre contract with new club so will want to make sure they are not injured.

44 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I highly doubt if you tell teams in strong positions up and down the line that naa last 7 months was pointless. There going to say yeah that's fine Jack. We didn't want that hundreds of thousands of pounds anyway. 

You think Liverpool would just accept it no questions asked? 

You think Leeds would just accept it no questions asked? 

Barrow they just going to accept it? 

I highly highly doubt it 

What can they do though , you cannot just say as it stands now as teams have games in hand and then teams in relegation spots will kick off .

How long do you give it before it's getting too far into the summer , although EUFA have said today they are looking at mid May which would give us hope of seeing this season completed.

For us we are in a great spot going into last 9 games so we want it back on , if your in a relegation spot like Chorley they want null and void .

Going to be alot of opinions based on where you are in the table.

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Exactly what I said earlier this week. Such as Rooney who had signed the day before the shut down would be allowed to play for Stockport though.

If Bromley and other clubs go down this route because of financial reasons or players not wanting to be tied down to a further period with their current club then it will make it impossible to finish the current season. Unless you award the league points to the opponents of clubs unable to fulfill league fixtures you are left with the only option but to nullify the season. I don't think settling promotion/relegation and for the Premiere League European spots on league positions at the time of matches being suspended can be fair as each team will have played a different amount of games and therefore some teams will have an unfair advantage.

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Bromley chairman says their players will stand down on the 25 April as contract finish and they will only have 6 players after this date.

There will be chairmen, mangers etc saying all sorts to try and get a decision in their favour. Once decisions have been made at least then clubs will know where they stand. 

On 3/20/2020 at 5:30 PM, TommyH72 said:

Exactly what I said earlier this week. Such as Rooney who had signed the day before the shut down would be allowed to play for Stockport though.

Thought he signed for Solihull.

The FA should announce all contracts finishing in April will be valid until the completion of the season.

Next Season can start a little later but with no Replays in the FA Cup and No FA Trophy/Vase at all for 1 season. No need for a long pre season as players are all resting up from playing and doing their own training programmes right now, managers can look at potential targets for next season right now too.

9 minutes ago, Ash said:

The FA should announce all contracts finishing in April will be valid until the completion of the season.

Next Season can start a little later but with no Replays in the FA Cup and No FA Trophy/Vase at all for 1 season. No need for a long pre season as players are all resting up from playing and doing their own training programmes right now, managers can look at potential targets for next season right now too.

Does the government cover up to 80% the players wages? If not can clubs be expected to extend contracts if they have no income? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Bromley chairman says their players will stand down on the 25 April as contract finish and they will only have 6 players after this date.

Shock horror - team that are on a terrible run of form dropping down the table at a rate of knots wants the season to be cancelled...

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Fylde chairman asking for his players to take a wage cut as wages of £900 a week at this level are wrong! Its him that agreed to bloody pay them. 

In this particular case they should say NO

6 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

To be hoped they don't qualify for the playoffs, then.

14 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Borehamwood are taking same action and will also only have 6 contracted players. 

3 hours ago, shaykehands said:

Borehamwood are taking same action and will also only have 6 contracted players. 

I fancy our chances, our 11 against their 6. This could be another turning point in the season. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, Ash said:

It’s not up to the FA. Contracts are agreed between players and clubs. If players don’t want to stay or clubs can’t afford to pay them, there is nothing the FA can do about it. Some players will already be planning where they want to be next year

17 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Does the government cover up to 80% the players wages? If not can clubs be expected to extend contracts if they have no income? 

I would think this would only apply until the end date of their contract. So anybody who is contracted for next season is ok, but those who finish in April will get nowt! Even then some clubs only pay during the season, so after April, 80% of nothing is still nothing!

24 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I think its becoming increasingly obvious that voiding this season (non league) is the only viable option.

I think they'll see how this next 6 week plays out and have the cut off point of July as the season ending. Just delay the inevitable but also give gives them ammo incase lawyers get involved and they can say "we tried out best, but it didn't seem feesable to carry on" 

5 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I think they'll see how this next 6 week plays out and have the cut off point of July as the season ending. Just delay the inevitable but also give gives them ammo incase lawyers get involved and they can say "we tried out best, but it didn't seem feesable to carry on" 

That would create all sorts of contract problems ie clubs wanting to extend contract for say 1 month and players respond 12 months or nothing and we are then stuck with players we don´t want.