Sign in to follow this  
TommyH72

The No Doom & Gloom Thread

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

BBC have announced they've suspended filming of Eastenders. 

Nice to hear a good news story for a change. 

All soap filming suspended, we'll soon be watching replays

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

All soap filming suspended, we'll soon be watching replays

When they said we'd ran out of soap I thought they meant to wash with. 

There are some benefits to this virus after all. 

Only kidding. I don't have a telly anyway. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I think I've found Funky enjoying the Kareoke round at Lanzo's place. 

Where the hell did you find that? Lanzo told me he would not allow filming.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I think I've found Funky enjoying the Kareoke round at Lanzo's place. 

I thought Eurovision had been cancelled? 

• Like 1

Other good news... with the shay shut and no fat lardy lads rolling around on it mud wrestling.. the pitch should fully recover and be back to its fully grassed best ... ready for our fast flowing passing brand of attacking football when things resume ;) 

Edited by Nick
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Is anybody going to learn anything new or start a hobby whilst we are stuck in home and have time to do it? 

Have already become a viral infection expert just watching the telly, ready to take my doctorate now. Failing that going to polish the garden.

• Haha 1

Never seem so many people walking about today in the age group 70/80, even some neighbours saying not going to change my life style but glad that ive got some common sense staying locked in at home, think these people are playing Russian roulette with their lives.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Never seem so many people walking about today in the age group 70/80, even some neighbours saying not going to change my life style but glad that ive got some common sense staying locked in at home, think these people are playing Russian roulette with their lives.

And yours

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Is anybody going to learn anything new or start a hobby whilst we are stuck in home and have time to do it? 

Not really new, but Ive dug my guitar out and started working on that again. by the time this situation lets up I'm hoping to be Joe Bonnamassa (ish). Or at least get a tune out of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Not really new, but Ive dug my guitar out and started working on that again. by the time this situation lets up I'm hoping to be Joe Bonnamassa (ish). Or at least get a tune out of it.

ILloyd have a rock opera to match Quadrophenia written once this is over! Fully recorded and mixed too. We are in for the long haul. 

3 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

ILloyd have a rock opera to match Quadrophenia written once this is over! Fully recorded and mixed too. We are in for the long haul. 

Well Icke, Im damn sure we could get get a band and an album out of this situation. Its amazing what can be done on line these days without actually having to be in the same room.

I started asking members of the public to donate guitars and ukuleles to give to kids who lost theirs in the recent fires. I am a member of Soldier On an organisation for returned servicemen and women. I have about 50 guitars and already given out about 20.  I have request for another 19 but now I cannot get around to give them to the kids.  Guess I will just have to play with them all and drive the wife mad. 

• Like 3

Yes, I have taken up a new hobby/duty, looking after 2 grandkids, a couple of days a week now that the flaming schools have shut. Both of the little darlings parents are classed as key workers but they don't want them going to school to have to mix with the other riff-raff:)

Only problem is that I still work full-time as well, although being self employed I can amend my working hours to suit.

8 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Yes, I have taken up a new hobby/duty, looking after 2 grandkids, a couple of days a week now that the flaming schools have shut. Both of the little darlings parents are classed as key workers but they don't want them going to school to have to mix with the other riff-raff:)

Only problem is that I still work full-time as well, although being self employed I can amend my working hours to suit.

Best of luck there Itman. But dont show a moments weakness or they'll take you down!!

• Haha 1

I have found a new toy to play with (easy tiger), you plug it in, switch it on and push it round the house and it picks up food and pizza crumbs. A wonderful invention which I normally hung my coat on.  

• Haha 2

I am a bit disappointed , we had a magic basket upstairs , I throw my dirty clothes in to it and within a few days they are cleaned and ironed and back in my wardrobe , it's not a magic basket at all.

Edited by monk
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

Best of luck there Itman. But dont show a moments weakness or they'll take you down!!

They already have my knees are buggered from doing shoulder rides on long walks....

• Haha 1