Sign in to follow this  
Papa Lazarou

2 New players

8 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

There's plenty of championship clubs loaning other to national league and even below. It's not as rare. 

Might be before your time but wasn't Felix Bastians in the the championship at the time we had him? A German u21 international.  

There was a lad at Huddersfield playing on loan as full back and recalled to play against leeds.  Carl Rushworth is on loan from Brighton and even below us. 

The clubs around us want us dead so doubt they'll help us out in the loan market. But it could be viable from some other club. 

It’s the fact he was on about Kevin Augustin

54 minutes ago, Ash said:

Another striker? We invested in Rodney and Redshaw and people were creaming their pants! Although I’m not sure Rodney is 100% fit at the moment but they both should be the 2 up top. Allen is far more effective impacting a game when its stretched later on and Tobi will still have a big part to play.

If we can get Rodney, Redshaw and King back on form we actually don’t need anyone else. It’s just peoples form and fitness has just dipped the last few weeks, we have still only lost 2 league games in nearly 3 months and a win on Saturday coupled with any points picked up in the games in hand puts us in a much better position.

And a loss could see us out of the play offs. Saturday is a must win game! 

1 hour ago, Ash said:

Another striker? We invested in Rodney and Redshaw and people were creaming their pants! Although I’m not sure Rodney is 100% fit at the moment but they both should be the 2 up top. Allen is far more effective impacting a game when its stretched later on and Tobi will still have a big part to play.

If we can get Rodney, Redshaw and King back on form we actually don’t need anyone else. It’s just peoples form and fitness has just dipped the last few weeks, we have still only lost 2 league games in nearly 3 months and a win on Saturday coupled with any points picked up in the games in hand puts us in a much better position.

Getting King back on form? Getting him fit would be a start! We are crying out for another midfielder & yes I would bring another striker in. 

Rodney gets injured then we are screwed relying on Sho Silva to get goals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ash said:

Normally I would agree with you about getting lads back in form, but we are now at a stage of the season we need to be wining games of football not hoping that lads find some form. 

35 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Normally I would agree with you about getting lads back in form, but we are now at a stage of the season we need to be wining games of football not hoping that lads find some form. 

Exactly. The most important time of the season and we are wanting lads to hit form? If that’s the case then it’s not looking good. 

Another centre midfielder for me one like Collins type of player can get hold of the ball and play a decent ball forward and find a man ... stauton to do the dirty work Other one the play maker not a fan of cooper to be honest gives the ball away far to much 

3 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Getting King back on form? Getting him fit would be a start! We are crying out for another midfielder & yes I would bring another striker in. 

Rodney gets injured then we are screwed relying on Sho Silva to get goals. 

I wouldn't trust Allen or Redshaw atm either but i i cant see us getting another striker in as PW is happy with them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ash said:

Goals win games. We are 2 decent strikers for the level. Allen isn't a striker (good link up at times) but his finishing is poor. And Sho Silva well he's Sho Silva is the best way to say it. Not exactly blistering attacking options behind the front 2 is it? 

We all know we need a midfielder but spending budget on a defender at this stage is abit of a waste for me. We have as much cover back there as we have capable cover behind Rodney and Redshaw (who's been poor of late. 

20 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Goals win games. We are 2 decent strikers for the level. Allen isn't a striker (good link up at times) but his finishing is poor. And Sho Silva well he's Sho Silva is the best way to say it. Not exactly blistering attacking options behind the front 2 is it? 

We all know we need a midfielder but spending budget on a defender at this stage is abit of a waste for me. We have as much cover back there as we have capable cover behind Rodney and Redshaw (who's been poor of late. 

Won't score many goals if your smashing the ball 50 yards to opposing centre halfs head all game, it doesn't matter who's up front if that's happening, this was the root problem against Woking and stems from a lack of quality in other areas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Won't score many goals if your smashing the ball 50 yards to opposing centre halfs head all game, it doesn't matter who's up front if that's happening, this was the root problem against Woking and stems from a lack of quality in other areas.

We didn't play Cam King in that game. I agree we need more in that area but the attacking players we have need to be trained to come to the ball instead of running away from it. That link is missing. That link has mainly been King. 

The midfielders need more intelligence in when to drop deep and when to drive forward, plus what to do when they have the ball and what to do when they haven't got the ball . The defenders also need options rather than a few sideways and backwards passes then hooooof

• Like 2

I've just found out my new guitarist is Jack Redshaws uncle! I'm going to get him to spill inside info!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I've just found out my new guitarist is Jack Redshaws uncle! I'm going to get him to spill inside info!

Hope he is more in tune than Jack is at the moment

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Hope he is more in tune than Jack is at the moment

Jack Redshaw will perform and score goals when playing in and around the penalty area alongside Devante Rodney. Jamie Allen will perform belting down the wing, he can take players on you know and he can get down to that line and cross a ball. Rodney will perform and score goals with those two in those positions, ball at feet, not 100 ft in the clouds.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Jack Redshaw will perform and score goals when playing in and around the penalty area alongside Devante Rodney. Jamie Allen will perform belting down the wing, he can take players on you know and he can get down to that line and cross a ball. Rodney will perform and score goals with those two in those positions, ball at feet, not 100 ft in the clouds.

I think you have summarised what everybody has already said

24 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

I know football lives in a bubble but 

imagine signing two extra wages and then next week all spectator events are banned indefinitely.

Immaterial if promoted, serious if not, who would be a chairman.

24 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

It has my vote. Seems pretty obvious to most punters but...……………...

Just now, Bill Atkins said:

I think you have summarised what everybody has already said

No, I have repeated what I said weeks ago. Some, if not most have criticised these players for playing poorly or for a loss of form, hardly anyone has mentioned the fact that nobody can play with a ball 100ft in the air.

• Like 1

Just now, Shaytrev said:

No, I have repeated what I said weeks ago. Some, if not most have criticised these players for playing poorly or for a loss of form, hardly anyone has mentioned the fact that nobody can play with a ball 100ft in the air.

Please note that the Ebbsfleet centre backs are all 6' 2" and above. No need to point out that knocking high balls up to the front players will be another complete waste of time. The same goes for distribution from the goalkeeper - time for Sam to try a different approach to just belting the ball down the middle.

Just now, Shaytrev said:

Think it has been reasonably well covered, these players don't become poor footballers overnight, play them in their natural positions, deliver a reasonable ball from midfield & I find it difficult to believe they will not score goals. 

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

We don't have a wing for Allen to play down so he'll have to settle for an impact sub role

Nonsense. We have one goal, a penalty in four games. You think everything is rosey in the garden. I don't.

4 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Please note that the Ebbsfleet centre backs are all 6' 2" and above. No need to point out that knocking high balls up to the front players will be another complete waste of time. The same goes for distribution from the goalkeeper - time for Sam to try a different approach to just belting the ball down the middle.

Johnson did roll quite a few out against Woking but outfield players need to be awake & aware.

1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

Nonsense. We have one goal, a penalty in four games. You think everything is rosey in the garden. I don't.

Redshaw and Rodney up front with Cam behind and Allen coming on for the last 20 minutes, it was working a few weeks ago

• Like 2