Probably heading to Sainsbury’s, seeing the long wait for online deliveries, only 2 went up A629 Morrison’s direction 

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

You cannot be bothered opening a link to see what it says about the virus on a government web site? 

Baaaaa Baaaaa

Trev, congratulations, you, or whoever pointed you in the direction of, have found the one single webpage on the whole of gov.uk that has not been updated.

It's a bit like it used to be when finding a tin of beans in the supermarket with the wrong price on it. Yes, that tin was at a different price but the rest of the tins of beans were at a different price, and the till system highlighted the error. The one wrong price did not override the inescapable fact that the majority price was the correct one.

Rather than people being accused of being sheep, I would be more concerned for someone who believed that finding an error in a mammoth website felt that this constituted some kind of cover up or conspiracy theory, rather than what it appears to be  - a webpage that has not been updated in the last week, and using this as a reason to propose that we should all go against the overriding advice from the medical experts. On top of this that age old fact about using your noggin should be kicking in rather than trying to go against the blindingly obvious and conforming with the majority of the sensible people in the country. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

Trev, congratulations, you, or whoever pointed you in the direction of, have found the one single webpage on the whole of gov.uk that has not been updated.

It's a bit like it used to be when finding a tin of beans in the supermarket with the wrong price on it. Yes, that tin was at a different price but the rest of the tins of beans were at a different price, and the till system highlighted the error. The one wrong price did not override the inescapable fact that the majority price was the correct one.

Rather than people being accused of being sheep, I would be more concerned for someone who believed that finding an error in a mammoth website felt that this constituted some kind of cover up or conspiracy theory, rather than what it appears to be  - a webpage that has not been updated in the last week, and using this as a reason to propose that we should all go against the overriding advice from the medical experts. On top of this that age old fact about using your noggin should be kicking in rather than trying to go against the blindingly obvious and conforming with the majority of the sensible people in the country. 

It was updated on 19th March, a day or two before they upped the ante. Anyway see my next post.

I think I found the answer to my own question, I would have preferred one of you to answer but none of you can think rationally at the moment because your brains are blitzed by all the media scaremongering. If the copied post below is true then some people are in deep sh1t.

Jon Stanley

Yesterday at 16:27

For this I will never forgive the Tories
This is an unforgivable betrayal of the NHS while doctors are fighting for their lives on ventilators.

You downgraded COVOD19 because you don't have the equipment to protect staff. SARS and MERS are not downgraded.

You sat on it. You ignored everyone. You played fantasy games in a basement and made up herd immunity bullshit. When it hit, you didn't have the equipment you had weeks to buy in, so you changed the rules to say NHS staff didn't need it.

This is Chernobyl level conceit, giving out fake radiation readings because good people are second best to bad news.

EDIT: There is a bigger problem, and that is that for months before hand the Gov was tied down with Article 50 crap, playing cat and mouse with backbenchers and the opposition.

Time was spent on Article 50 that should be have been over and done with months before. There are consequences for constitutional dicking about that paralyses government.

Edited by Shaytrev

1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

It was updated on 19th March, a day or two before they upped the ante. Anyway see my next post.

Trev, I do not dispute that it is erroneous and could be seen to be misleading and confusing in the light of everything else being communicated by the government, however, as the header on the page contradicts the content on the page lower down, I have used my common sense to come to the assumption that it is a mistake and should consequently be ignored.

As there appears to be no other evidence being provided of other web pages which support the misleading statement, of the same nature, I would also conclude that this is an isolated mistake and again, should be treated as one.  

The fact remains that we are in the midst of a global pandemic which is killing hundreds of people on a daily basis, and we should all take whatever precautions that are prescribed in order to see the end of the virus, as quickly as possible.

All these years and people still get sucked into the world of a halfwit, failed National Front candidate. Leave the dullard talking to a wall in the corner, won't be long before the wall gets bored.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Trev, I do not dispute that it is erroneous and could be seen to be misleading and confusing in the light of everything else being communicated by the government, however, as the header on the page contradicts the content on the page lower down, I have used my common sense to come to the assumption that it is a mistake and should consequently be ignored.

As there appears to be no other evidence being provided of other web pages which support the misleading statement, of the same nature, I would also conclude that this is an isolated mistake and again, should be treated as one.  

The fact remains that we are in the midst of a global pandemic which is killing hundreds of people on a daily basis, and we should all take whatever precautions that are prescribed in order to see the end of the virus, as quickly as possible.

See the other post. If you go to the man's facebook there are opposing views in the comments. If you cannot trust the Gov.uk website, the main stream media etc, who can you trust?  

1 minute ago, francisfirth said:

All these years and people still get sucked into the world of a halfwit, failed National Front candidate. Leave the dullard talking to a wall in the corner, won't be long before the wall gets bored.

Another brain blitzed, clueless idiot. Care to say that to my face? Dare you fk.

Just now, Shaytrev said:

Another brain blitzed, clueless idiot. Care to say that to my face? Dare you fk.

Let's be honest Trev, your not in good shape these days, a bit portly, it's not muscle, so steady on.  I do love how thick you are. Meet you behind the Skircoat and make you cry like a little nazi baby. 

6 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

I think I found the answer to my own question, I would have preferred one of you to answer but none of you can think rationally at the moment because your brains are blitzed by all the media scaremongering. If the copied post below is true then some people are in deep sh1t.

Jon Stanley

This is an unforgivable betrayal of the NHS while doctors are fighting for their lives on ventilators.

You downgraded COVOD19 because you don't have the equipment to protect staff. SARS and MERS are not downgraded.

You sat on it. You ignored everyone. You played fantasy games in a basement and made up herd immunity bullshit. When it hit, you didn't have the equipment you had weeks to buy in, so you changed the rules to say NHS staff didn't need it.

This is Chernobyl level conceit, giving out fake radiation readings because good people are second best to bad news.

EDIT: There is a bigger problem, and that is that for months before hand the Gov was tied down with Article 50 crap, playing cat and mouse with backbenchers and the opposition.

Time was spent on Article 50 that should be have been over and done with months before. There are consequences for constitutional dicking about that paralyses government.

Trev, of the copied post the majority I have sympathy with. I agree that the "herd immunity" idea was flawed and flew in the face of medical experts and evidence across the globe, only matched by President Trump's insistence that it was fake news.

I agree that the NHS was woefully unprepared for the tsunami that was coming their way. This was due to a number of different factors, of which underfunding for 10 years has led to a very lean medical infrastructure which has little or no scope to expand services quickly. Unlike the healthcare economies in Germany and France for example, we have no over capacity, as our private healthcare economy is not as well developed.

The bullshit and deceit we have been fed around ventilators and PPE will be uncovered after the event, as there is no doubt that a Royal Commission will be held and those accountable will be exposed.

However, Article 50 and the time and money wasted on Brexit are nothing to do with the pandemic and should not be conflated with it. The Chinese government hid the scale of the virus until well into December. By then we had passed Article 50, had an election and were supposed to be on the road to the promised land. 

Let's be honest Trev, your not in good shape these days, a bit portly, it's not muscle, so steady on.  I do love how thick you are. Meet you behind the Skircoat and make you cry like a little nazi baby. 

Anytime, anywhere. Still to much for you.

43 more deaths in the UK today.

The "plus" (in the loosest sense possible, as it really isn't a plus when its 43 dead) is that it is down on the 87 deaths from yesterday. 

Its still 43 deaths too many, however if we can keep the daily deaths down and preferably decreasing then all the better. 

What has been concerning is our ratio of cases to deaths in the past week. I get that a lot of people aren't getting confirmed as having the virus, however we could assume most countries around us are similar to that. 

To date we only have 600 concluded cases in this country. Only 135 of those cases didn't result in a fatality. With 8,929 ongoing cases, if we don't buck the trend on that soon then its a big concern.

*  Stats taken from the following site, with a caveat that I am trusting those to be accurate going on what has been reported -  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Just now, ITMAN said:

Trev, of the copied post the majority I have sympathy with. I agree that the "herd immunity" idea was flawed and flew in the face of medical experts and evidence across the globe, only matched by President Trump's insistence that it was fake news.

I agree that the NHS was woefully unprepared for the tsunami that was coming their way. This was due to a number of different factors, of which underfunding for 10 years has led to a very lean medical infrastructure which has little or no scope to expand services quickly. Unlike the healthcare economies in Germany and France for example, we have no over capacity, as our private healthcare economy is not as well developed.

The bullshit and deceit we have been fed around ventilators and PPE will be uncovered after the event, as there is no doubt that a Royal Commission will be held and those accountable will be exposed.

However, Article 50 and the time and money wasted on Brexit are nothing to do with the pandemic and should not be conflated with it. The Chinese government hid the scale of the virus until well into December. By then we had passed Article 50, had an election and were supposed to be on the road to the promised land. 

You going to have explain to Trev what conflated means, in telly tubby type langauge. 

Anytime, anywhere. Still to much for you.

How many votes did you get Trev when you stood as an NF candidate? 

How many votes did you get Trev when you stood as an NF candidate? 

A lot more than you got.

2 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

You going to have explain to Trev what conflated means, in telly tubby type langauge. 

I was told at school that I was loquacious.....

8 minutes ago, Flea said:

43 more deaths in the UK today.

The "plus" (in the loosest sense possible, as it really isn't a plus when its 43 dead) is that it is down on the 87 deaths from yesterday. 

Its still 43 deaths too many, however if we can keep the daily deaths down and preferably decreasing then all the better. 

What has been concerning is our ratio of cases to deaths in the past week. I get that a lot of people aren't getting confirmed as having the virus, however we could assume most countries around us are similar to that. 

To date we only have 600 concluded cases in this country. Only 135 of those cases didn't result in a fatality. With 8,929 ongoing cases, if we don't buck the trend on that soon then its a big concern.

*  Stats taken from the following site, with a caveat that I am trusting those to be accurate going on what has been reported -  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Just wait until they roll out the 5G.

Just wait until they roll out the 5G.

Am i missing something here...what has 5G got to do with the topic?

2 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Am i missing something here...what has 5G got to do with the topic?

Time will tell.

7 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Time will tell.

I think we need a new thread  - "Conspiracy Theories" or the "Huawei Times":)

You will be telling me next that the Martians are coming.....

44 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Jon Stanley

Glad you now agree with me