Papa Lazarou

Torquay on Saturday

The decision to pick Sho in front of Redshaw and Allen to play the already  failed system is disappointing to say the least.

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

Because when a player isn’t good enough people who pay good money want to see their best players starting. TSS is our 4th choice striker and today got ahead of two decent players. 

Even the best players don't play every game. That's why Premier League teams have squads of 30-50 players - and if someone earning £500k/week can't play every game despite the best physiotherapists, dieticians and physical trainers, how do you expect players at this level to do so? Sometimes you have no option but to rotate because the last thing you want is your best players burning out with a third of the season still to go.

Just now, Hoddie said:

Even the best players don't play every game. That's why Premier League teams have squads of 30-50 players - and if someone earning £500k/week can't play every game despite the best physiotherapists, dieticians and physical trainers, how do you expect players at this level to do so? Sometimes you have no option but to rotate because the last thing you want is your best players burning out with a third of the season still to go.

That’s why we have 3 decent strikers at the club to rotate it but even that doesn’t work. 

Lost 1-0. Poor poor result today and really should be winning them games if we want to stay in the play offs. 

Next game I want to see Rodney and Redshaw/Allen starting back up front and go back to scoring goals and creating chances. 

Takes King off again, Redshaw on straight away fouls they score from free kick given for his foul. 1-0 down so he takes our likely goalscorer off. I'm baffled :(

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

4 points clear of 8th. Gonna be a nervy ending to the season. 

At the right end of the table , let's not forget , hope today is just a blip , still in a great position going into the run in .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, monk said:

At the right end of the table , let's not forget , hope today is just a blip , still in a great position going into the run in .

We are just when results go our way we never take advantage of it

25 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Utter nonsense and you know it. Every Town team has a player that the supporters get on the back of, it's just TSS' turn that's all.

Wrong, today already explained in previous posts. This does not exempt Sho from being way below standard for this level.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

We are just when results go our way we never take advantage of it

It shows how wide open this league is , agree it's frustrating we don't take advantage but it's how we react to our first defeat this year that matters .

Must admit didn't expect that line up.

54 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Because when a player isn’t good enough people who pay good money want to see their best players starting. TSS is our 4th choice striker and today got ahead of two decent players. 

That’s why you have to give credit to the 135 fans as if I went down there I would have been very disappointed with the lineup and the subs Never mind losing as well. 

It's unfair to speculate on the reasons behind the selection. Maybe redshaw and Allen were not fit, carrying a knock, ill. You cant just say it's disrespectful etc when your Ill aware of the facts. Given how we have been playing I would imagine it would be down to a specific reason rather than reverting back to the old failed system. Pete wild isn't an idiot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StVn1987 said:

It's unfair to speculate on the reasons behind the selection. Maybe redshaw and Allen were not fit, carrying a knock, ill. You cant just say it's disrespectful etc when your Ill aware of the facts. Given how we have been playing I would imagine it would be down to a specific reason rather than reverting back to the old failed system. Pete wild isn't an idiot.

I had a feeling TSS would play this Saturday. After reading PW's article the other when he said we'll pick a team to try and win the game, I thought he'll go with TSS because he scored down there in the cup. 

The team haven't been hammered today and it sounds like one or two were not at the races today, and that happens from time to time. Let's hope they move onto the next game and put things rights that have been wrong today. I'm sure it'll be Dave and Redshaw up top next time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StVn1987 said:

He is he if thinks Show Man is going to fire us to glory.

• Like 1

Barrow 2 up Quigley x2 playing some good stuff way ahead of us in terms of dominating a game.

So the multiple Staunton Misses and Rodney keeping the ball to often before he shot are major factors in this game.

TSS played ok 1st half when we needed him with the wind against us. So he was picked to do that job.

IMO Redshaw isn't that good.

Rodney seems to be better in home games.

Allen and Rodney should have been the second half strike force though.

Just now, Guido said:

Barrow 2 up Quigley x2 playing some good stuff way ahead of us in terms of dominating a game.

Title has gone now , hopefully 2/3 but I would have taken 7th before the season started .

Credit to Barrow hope they go on and win it .

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

We have to achieve at least 80 points, based on the last 5/6 seasons to achieve a top 3 finish. Is that a realistic target? 

Today you would class as a game we should win. So god knows

4 minutes ago, Shay said:

The odd defeat is to be expected. Still over achieving in 4th

We’re not over achieving ffs!!! I’d understand if we didn’t have the likes of Cam King, Rodney, Redshaw etc but we have good players so they’re certainly not over achieving 

• Like 2

I think personally. When push comes to shove. We just ain’t good enough. We have the players. We just can’t seem to find the correct formula to have them all singing off the same hymn sheet. And after the Halesowen display. I don’t think any player deserved a shirt. So 5 changes for me was justified.  

22 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

We’re not over achieving ffs!!! I’d understand if we didn’t have the likes of Cam King, Rodney, Redshaw etc but we have good players so they’re certainly not over achieving 

We've only had them since after Christmas TJ (Dave and Redshaw.)

Before the season started I would have expected to see Fylde, Notts County, Solihull, Wrexham and Yeovil above us in the league. I also thought Chesterfield might do something this season but they are another team that's having a nightmare season.

But if you look at the table we are over achieving. Before a ball was kicked if you'd said we'd be sat in fourth place near the end of February I'd have been no we the moon.

Barrow are the massive over achievers this season and good luck to them because I feel they deserve to win the league, especially since we won't win it.

But go back to the start of the season and we'd lost our ex manager and one of centre halves took over and then we got a new manager with not a lot of experience and despite all that we are still well and truly in the race for a play off spot and even a long shot for the title.

That TJ is over achieving.

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

We've only had them since after Christmas TJ (Dave and Redshaw.)

Before the season started I would have expected to see Fylde, Notts County, Solihull, Wrexham and Yeovil above us in the league. I also thought Chesterfield might do something this season but they are another team that's having a nightmare season.

But if you look at the table we are over achieving. Before a ball was kicked if you'd said we'd be sat in fourth place near the end of February I'd have been no we the moon.

Barrow are the massive over achievers this season and good luck to them because I feel they deserve to win the league, especially since we won't win it.

But go back to the start of the season and we'd lost our ex manager and one of centre halves took over and then we got a new manager with not a lot of experience and despite all that we are still well and truly in the race for a play off spot and even a long shot for the title.

That TJ is over achieving.

It’s a difference of opinions isn’t it. Personally I don’t think we are over achieving. We are doing great yes but there has been no outstanding team for me.