Sign in to follow this  
archietaylor7

McAlinden

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Allen played down the middle not so long ago (Think chesterfield at home) and he held the ball up better than TSS,  He brought other people into the game and had more movement up there as well (not hard). Either way Allen deserves a chance in this team as I see some potential with him. 

Correct me if I am wrong we played a totally different formation against Chesterfield with two up front TSS has played up front on his own nearly all season. On one of the few if not the only one he had a twin striker he scored and had an assist. I am sure PW will use all three strikers in differing formations. And as for TSS cleaning boots that no different TJ than what you do for the other Chuckle brother

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Redshaw, Rodney, Cam King & Allen could destroy any team in this league when settled in together.

I'd love to know how you'd accommodate them all? 

20 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I'd love to know how you'd accommodate them all? 

4 3 3 with Allen and Rodney either side of Redshaw just behind with Cam King in the middle of a midfield 3.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

4 3 3 with Allen and Rodney either side of Redshaw just behind with Cam King in the middle of a midfield 3.

Boom! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Exactly. Would be a good attacking lineup. 

Take that Greygoose!!! :lol:

Edited by TJAshton

51 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Correct me if I am wrong we played a totally different formation against Chesterfield with two up front TSS has played up front on his own nearly all season. On one of the few if not the only one he had a twin striker he scored and had an assist. I am sure PW will use all three strikers in differing formations. And as for TSS cleaning boots that no different TJ than what you do for the other Chuckle brother

Right and I’m saying Allen held the ball up better than a guy that’s roughly 6ft1 or whatever, had more movement and pace up there. That has nothing to do with formation. 

If trev wants his boots cleaning I’ll happily do it for him. 

36 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Yep, Redshaw isolated in the TSS role whilst the defence hoof the ball too him

17 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Redshaw can hold the ball up though. And he’s only 5ft:lol:

56 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Back to the formation everybody hated before then? 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It wouldn't work as Cam King does not posses the energy levels required for a central midfielder. He needs to be on the ball in dangerous areas not chasing about in front of the back 4.

For it to work you'd need him further upfield than the other 2 midfielders, which would then mean the 2 players wide of the striker dropping back, you cant permanently have 4 players upfield as youd get over run.

This pretty much puts us back to 4-2-3-1 which is what we've hust got rid of. I'd love to see the reaction on here when Rodney spends half the game covering the left back. 

10 minutes ago, greygoose said:

It wouldn't work as Cam King does not posses the energy levels required for a central midfielder. He needs to be on the ball in dangerous areas not chasing about in front of the back 4.

For it to work you'd need him further upfield than the other 2 midfielders, which would then mean the 2 players wide of the striker dropping back, you cant permanently have 4 players upfield as youd get over run.

This pretty much puts us back to 4-2-3-1 which is what we've hust got rid of. I'd love to see the reaction on here when Rodney spends half the game covering the left back. 

Just an answer to the question mate. I agree with what you say, although he will be in a 3 in the new formation.

5 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Thought we always played 4-2-3-1?

Everyone interprets it in a different way - the two wingers could either be considered "in line" with the attacking mid, or "in line" with the centre forward. 4-3-3 is certainly a more widely used interpretation of a formation than 4-2-3-1. But yes, same thing.

46 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Everyone interprets it in a different way - the two wingers could either be considered "in line" with the attacking mid, or "in line" with the centre forward. 4-3-3 is certainly a more widely used interpretation of a formation than 4-2-3-1. But yes, same thing.

4-3-3 is more attacking. So if we played King in the attacking position and Staunton and Maher in the defensive role. 

4-3-3 means the 2 wingers are pretty much in line with the striker. 

I understand what you mean though mate. 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Hold the ball up for who ? Flea to start filming ?

Well atleast whilst fleas getting his camera ready he won’t have lost the ball and be on his arse like the other lad would have been. 

44 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Nope, he'd be further back linking Cam King with the two forwards so in effect it would be more like a 3 1 2 from midfield to attack. You'd also have King and Redshaw seeing plenty of the ball and the opposition can't double up on them both.

Edited by Erik Everhard

6 hours ago, Grayski said:

Think the only time I have seen the lone striker work well in recent years was when Gregory was up top, but he was a class act in this position.

Was thinking with neither Redshaw nor Rodney particularly tall the ball should be played on the deck which is a good thing

Exactly Gregory could play it .. and that’s why he got snapped up by millwall

15 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

All this talk of formations etc etc. Just leave it up to the manager to decide. 

Yawn, not this again. Why have a fans forum again?