Sign in to follow this  
archietaylor7

McAlinden

Just now, archietaylor7 said:

If he hasn't signed for us then he'll be ineligible for todays game wont he?? Or any further games for that matter.

He can play for us on non-contract terms, as we still hold his registration I believe

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

He can play for us on non-contract terms, as we still hold his registration I believe

Ah right, that might be quite handy then. That's if he still wants to play for us. No real reason he shouldn't assuming Wild wants to involve him.

Liam MacAllinden is a free agent. He hasn’t signed a new contract with us after his previous one expired. He’s holding out for a better offer, if that doesn’t pay off I feel our budget has gone on Rodney so he won’t sign for us again.

40 minutes ago, Ash said:

Liam MacAllinden is a free agent. He hasn’t signed a new contract with us after his previous one expired. He’s holding out for a better offer, if that doesn’t pay off I feel our budget has gone on Rodney so he won’t sign for us again.

As said on other post

Wild has a one in one out policy so McCoulsky has gone and Rodney comes in. Macalinden and Southwell could go which means we have quite a lot left of the wage budget you would like to think. Means we can bring a creative midfielder in to help Cam King. 

No budget for him..surplus now.

Daft as it is he will be a FL player next week.

He started the season so well and then ended up a lonely winger.

He saw us as a stepping stone back to the FL, both parties benefited but its his goals record rather than performances that have got hom a move.

Would be quite surprised to see him get goals in league 1 though, he's never that good.

2 hours ago, Ash said:

It will all depend whether Southwell goes to Boston and what sort of deal or pay off he receives.

Dayle will be one of our high earners so if he goes that'll free up a decent wage which Liam could take if he doesn't find another club.

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

It will all depend whether Southwell goes to Boston and what sort of deal or pay off he receives.

Dayle will be one of our high earners so if he goes that'll free up a decent wage which Liam could take if he doesn't find another club.

Macalinden has left Erik. 

A player that started out far too good but lost interest rather suspiciously around the time it became clear he was being watched by Football League clubs. 

Our loss is Ipswich/Peterborough/Swindon's gain, providing whoever he goes to can keep him interested.

Edited by Lewis

Good luck to the lad. His time here was mutually beneficial to both parties. I hope he gets the move he wants. If not maybe we will be his first port of call again if no FL clubs make an offer.

We can focus on those contracted now and maybe it gives us a bit of wiggle room re wages to bring in a creative/ball holding midfielder. 

• Like 1

He left 3 months ago. Not bothered, people have different opinions but I'd prefer Rodney all day long over mcalinden. Not sure of Liam's best position, i dont think he's a striker but he's not a winger either. Had a good spell early doors then was anonymous. Wont be someone ill have any memories of anyway

17 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Does seem to rate himself better than he is, it's amazing what a bit of love from Trev can do to a player

He was given the Halifax Town Striker antidote. Score a few then be placed on the wing or the bench where obviously the goals dry up.

Has been happening at The Shay for a long time. Even Super Geoff was given it before he returned.

It's a Halifax Town thing, it never works.

Edited by Shaytrev

34 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

He was given the Halifax Town Striker antedote. Score a few then be placed on the wing or the bench where obviously the goals dry up.

Has been happening at The Shay for a long time. Even Super Geoff was given it before he returned.

It's a Halifax Town thing, it never works.

Don't think it is just a Town thing, it appears part of the modern game, its just the lower the skill levels the less players adapt to it.

14 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Don't think it is just a Town thing, it appears part of the modern game, its just the lower the skill levels the less players adapt to it.

So part of the modern game is to put your top scorer either on the bench or the wing then moan about him not scoring and wanting to leave.

Anyway, we knew at the start he was only signed for half a season.

Does not matter now , Redshaw has already proved he is a cut above anything we have got at the moment.

Just hope he isn't given The Halifax Town Antidote.

Edited by Shaytrev

7 hours ago, wornomad123 said:

Didnt know Macalinden and Erik were together ....

Last seen in Costa in the Trinity centre, Leeds