Sign in to follow this  
Guido

Time to go Wild

Doesn’t have the experience to change it round , cheap appointment, won’t cost much to get rid , be any awful atmosphere on sat , the defence just looks completely shattered I can’t believe what I watched today , TSS is the least of our worries . We are so poor in every dept , tweaking won’t achieve anything 

By the time Brown came back there was a lot of negativity. Marry Brown spoke about it. You can't blame the fans so what's happened? Two big professionals like Brown and especially Clarke suddenly start playing badly and then you're knackered as a team because they are the backbone and the inspiration of the squad 

Something not right behind the scenes at all.

Just now, TJAshton said:

Not looking forward to the scenes if we lose against Chesterfield Saturday. Atmosphere will be like a morgue during the game 

Certainly will be if Silva is still playing. Surely theres an evo stik side that needs a player before Saturday. 

2 hours ago, ewalsh said:

Very interesting interview and much needed. Me thinks he’s been thinking it for a while and finally had a result where he can no longer defend the ‘performance’ we’ve all just seen. It wasn’t good enough in the slightest and far too many passengers in the team. 

Very interesting comment about JBW missing due to something Internal that has been dealt with too. Don’t expect us to ever find out what it was but clearly things aren’t great behind the scenes. 

Not sure one player being dealt with constitutes things not being right behind the scenes. 

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Certainly will be if Silva is still playing. Surely theres an evo stik side that needs a player before Saturday. 

I think his interview means that he knows players aren’t good enough and in regards to his comment about a goalscorer he surely won’t start him again

Just now, TJAshton said:

I think his interview means that he knows players aren’t good enough and in regards to his comment about a goalscorer he surely won’t start him again

I hope your right. However later in the interview he was praising his workrate so who knows? You need a hell of a lot more out of a centre forward at this level than just working hard. I don't even think he's been doing that lately 

4 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Why would Wild change it now? The TSS plan has been ineffective for weeks. How was today any different? 

Edited by shaymen_x

1 minute ago, shaymen_x said:

Why would Wild change it now? The TSS plan has been ineffective for weeks. How was today any different? 

Didn’t say it was mate. Sho Silva was awful today and did nothing. But neither did the rest of them. Sho Silva is the worst striker I’ve seen for us as I didn’t think it could get worse than Edwards last season but it has:lol:

It was a rhetorical question.

Yes at least Edwards was a nuisance to defenders, TSS provides zero threat. My point is that TSS should have either been dropped or played differently ages ago. It's unbelievable. 

20 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Not looking forward to the scenes if we lose against Chesterfield Saturday. Atmosphere will be like a morgue during the game 

Always is anyway.

TSS has to start, we have no other option. McAlinden is seen as a wide man by Wild, Redshaw is constantly injured/not fit enough and the new loan striker is poorer than TSS. It's unlikely we will bring anyone new in before the weekend so that's that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

TSS has to start, we have no other option. McAlinden is seen as a wide man by Wild, Redshaw is constantly injured/not fit enough and the new loan striker is poorer than TSS. It's unlikely we will bring anyone new in before the weekend so that's that.

He has to start? 

Im intrigued as to why he has to start? Redshaw is a striker, Macalinden is a striker so why is he the apparent best of the bunch when he’s terrible. 

It’s not working lumping balls up to him and he’s the worst centre forward I’ve ever seen so why does he have to start. 

So start Redshaw upfront and cam king behind. You don’t have to have TSS in the team. 

Edited by TJAshton

1 minute ago, Roy Race said:

Quickly turned that way in the Town end today, there is a good reason.

Lose Saturday and the fans and manager will be getting much worse than today 

Well it's game over then if the only option up front is TSS. Nothing will change and it needs to change fast. 

We had nine different goalscorers in the first 10 or so games and there must be better strikers in the two leagues below or youth team. Why accept failure? 

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

If he falls out with players as easy as he falls out with fans he's got big problems

Too right. Our squads too thin for that. He has to get them working. I’ve driven 600 miles to see the last 2 away games and the effort has being disappointing to say the least. 

I'd be tempted to try Jamie Allen up front, his most successful spell at Southport came when he played as a striker. He'd need plenty support but he has good pace/movement, wouls also allow for Josh Mac back on the wing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I'd be tempted to try Jamie Allen up front, his most successful spell at Southport came when he played as a striker. He'd need plenty support but he has good pace/movement, wouls also allow for Josh Mac back on the wing.

Good call and why not. Him and Redshaw up top. Liam on the left and Josh M on the right.

7 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Not a bad shout at all. He played upfront at Dover a few times as well. 

He’d do a much much better job than the guy we have up top now. More movement, more pace, more football ability and will actually score 

6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Not a bad shout at all. He played upfront at Dover a few times as well. 

He’d do a much much better job than the guy we have up top now. More movement, more pace, more football ability and will actually score 

He cant persist with the same tactics/formation surely but he has all season so cant see him massively changing it now. Chesterfield will know how we are going to set up. I dont know whether to go or not saturday but my season ticket is going to waste. We have a good team/squad but they arent performing and its the managers job to sort it, not just stick the same team out, tobi up top on his own and see what happens. I do feel for tobi because i dont think he wants to be a isolated striker against 2 centre backs every game with nobody within 20 yards of him, he is just trying to do a job asked of him by a manager who is not helping him out with a decent striker alongside him and balls put into the box

• Like 1