Sign in to follow this  
Statto

Pete Wild

Being a manager of any club is a breeze when you over achieve and sit nicely at the top of the league table. You get to see how good a manager really is when he’s under pressure. That time has come for Pete Wild. As an inexperienced manager, he won’t have experienced the pressure he is feeling right now, it’s  sink or swim time I think. I personally hope he succeeds, but it’s clear by his tactics, team selection and post match comments, there are inconsistencies which would strongly suggest the cracks are showing.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Statto said:

Being a manager of any club is a breeze when you over achieve and sit nicely at the top of the league table. You get to see how good a manager really is when he’s under pressure. That time has come for Pete Wild. As an inexperienced manager, he won’t have experienced the pressure he is feeling right now, it’s  sink or swim time I think. I personally hope he succeeds, but it’s clear by his tactics, team selection and post match comments, there are inconsistencies which would strongly suggest the cracks are showing.

The four games during the festive season (after the YCC and FA Trophy) will make or break him.

Personally hope he suceeds but he looks lost and I´m afraid the downward spiral is far harder than the upward one. I´m too old in the tooth to worry whether he stays or goes but being selfish for the Shaymen I hope he turns it round, hope being the operative word. If he does not change his tactics he will not. What concerns me most are the players HE has brought in simply are not good enough.

He will have a boost in that he'll have a full squad to choose from for the first time in a while and he'll have his two most experienced players back at the heart of defence.

The team aren't a million miles away and there's not a lot that needs to be changed but despite this, if it isn't changed and changes soon all the confidence that was built early in will have gone. Then your team spirit has gone down the pan.

Shore up the back with Clarke and Brown, then Staunton and Maher in front and then let Cam roam with Shaun up top and Allen and either Josh or Liam out wide.

That would be my choice. Ten of it doesn't quite come off there's always 4 4 2 second half with Jack up top.

22 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

He will have a boost in that he'll have a full squad to choose from for the first time in a while and he'll have his two most experienced players back at the heart of defence.

The team aren't a million miles away and there's not a lot that needs to be changed but despite this, if it isn't changed and changes soon all the confidence that was built early in will have gone. Then your team spirit has gone down the pan.

Shore up the back with Clarke and Brown, then Staunton and Maher in front and then let Cam roam with Shaun up top and Allen and either Josh or Liam out wide.

That would be my choice. Ten of it doesn't quite come off there's always 4 4 2 second half with Jack up top.

Shaun admited in interview he is not fully as coming back from injury. He needs game time so all depends what stage he is at.

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Shaun admited in interview he is not fully as coming back from injury. He needs game time so all depends what stage he is at.

Then why the hell have we signed another striker that isn't fully fit? It beggars belief it really does.

Can someone give him Chris Wilders number so he can ask for a young striker on loan.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

Then why the hell have we signed another striker that isn't fully fit? It beggars belief it really does.

Can someone give him Chris Wilders number so he can ask for a young striker on loan.

My sentiments entirely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Problem is if they are fit and can score goals why would you join Halifax Town?

If you can do the latter yes you join Halifax for fitness.

There are players that are fit and scoring goals at Leed, Huddersfield, Burnley Sheffield Unt etc and would be on sub wages.

11 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Problem is if they are fit and can score goals why would you join Halifax Town?

If you can do the latter yes you join Halifax for fitness.

If you are fit but there are strikers in front of you I. The pecking order and are playing well then you look to go on loan to stay sharp and hopefully bag a few goals. It then keeps you on the managers plans, rather than just sitting on the bench or on the stands.

It's also good for young strikers from higher up the league's to come and pit their wits against a more rough and tumble style that they're used to 

Edited by Erik Everhard

No way have we signed a striker who isnt fit... they have reserve teams, they train and go to the gym every day etc. Get him straight in the team. The fa trophy means nothing to me and dont care if we win or lose but Saturday is his chance to shake thing's up. There's surely no way that on Saturday tobi starts infront of shawn...

Just now, halifaxmark said:

No way have we signed a striker who isnt fit... they have reserve teams, they train and go to the gym every day etc. Get him straight in the team. The fa trophy means nothing to me and dont care if we win or lose but Saturday is his chance to shake thing's up. There's surely no way that on Saturday tobi starts infront of shawn...

Players words not mine in his interview he went out on loan to Bromley went back to FGR got injured and so he needed to go out on loan again to try get game time to help his recovery and get fit.

2 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Really?! I for one want 2 trips to Wembley this season 

I would love another trip to Wembley to watch the shaymen but dont want the fa trophy/west riding cup games to effect our chance of getting in the playoffs 

I'm willing to draw a line under Wild's previous mistakes. 

I shall be called a apologist for failure but let's give him a little bit of slack and the perspective is that we are still in a good position to compete for promotion, yes promotion / play-offs. Our players will be fit and not suspended too. It's an almost clean slate. 

He did that interview after the Harrogate match and asked for all the club to be as one, so why don't we do it and give them what we want, plus give people no excuses. 

It is the season of goodwill after all so let's give some love and respect out, cheer on the lads. You'll be surprised how much of a lift it gives. 

I propose we have a Christmas party for the notts county match. Flags, balloons, singing, support. I really believe we can have a good Christmas and be right back up there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never seen a Halifax manager react the way he did on Sat,lost the plot at least 3 times in the match kicking the advertising hoardings on one occasion.Rightly got booked .Not the same person we had early season.

Its a shame because he always has time for fans at the away games.My point is his asst.who i think is also a personal friend could do more to support him and help him keep the "lid on".

Just now, shaymen down under said:

Are you talking about Wild or half the posters on this forum??

Showing emotion is shouting and encouraging the players, even geeing up the crowd.

Acting like a Dick is kicking hordings and telling your own fans to Feck off, you work it out !!

43 minutes ago, Ash said:

Halifax fans 2018 - wish we had a manager who showed his emotion and looked like he cared.

Halifax fans 2019 at a manager who shows his emotion and cares - He’s lost the plot

There is a difference Ash. 

Kicking an advertising board, lobbing bottles at the ground, constantly at the linesman and 4th officials here and jumping up and down like a big kid isn’t what some people are meaning by showing they care and are passionate about the club. 

Wild is clearly passionate and wants us to do well but that’s totally different from the above :lol: