Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
swifty62

scoreboard

Recommended Posts

below is a bit from the fax supporters trust newsletter.

after the forced demise of the reserve team which the supporters trust financed it has decided on a scoreboard.  the supporters trust raised £25,000 a year to run the reserve team so would be able to finance one as say below. what are peoples thoughts on being able to use one for replays of goals etc. at town matches. would increase advertising income etc.

Moving forward our next focus is to invest in a new scoreboard which will improve the match day experience for all the supporters and provide another revenue stream and a long term investment for the Trust and the Club. We are currently investigating which type will best provide this. The intention is to offer better pre-match information like team news, show try replays, crowd scenes, other Club and Trust information at half time, advertise business’s, acknowledge supporters birthdays and put across any other messages of interest. This could even be rented to the football club on a match by match basis if they wish to use it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, swifty62 said:

This could even be rented to the football club on a match by match basis if they wish to use it!

You mean a bit like that tunnel the football club paid for which the rugby lot keep using for free?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This cannot be a bad idea, look at Gateshead, a portable run out display, facing, the home fans, Wrexham, ( not  bad) chesterfield,  a bit bright ? surely an addition to our ground would be a good addition 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

The Rugby lot renting us a scoreboard?

Stick it where the sun don't shine.

It's already in Halifax!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ludicrous that you'd dump your reserves team to fund a scoreboard. Like swapping your babby for a Westlife CD.

Maybe when rugby league realises that the next generation of laiker isn't up to task, they'll find out that you can't sustain a sport on technicolour displays alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

Ludicrous that you'd dump your reserves team to fund a scoreboard. Like swapping your babby for a Westlife CD.

Sounds like a fair swap to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

sorry but if there is to be a scoreboard at the ground then it has to be one that is free to use by both clubs. none of this rental garbage.

Fax don't do rent

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

Ludicrous that you'd dump your reserves team to fund a scoreboard. Like swapping your babby for a Westlife CD.

Maybe when rugby league realises that the next generation of laiker isn't up to task, they'll find out that you can't sustain a sport on technicolour displays alone.

did not dump reserve side for a scoreboard. it was decided the reserves would not be able to compete against SL teams who are being awarded £100,000 to run their reserve teams. plus they offer more money to players to turn out for their teams. they would love to be able to still run the reserves to continue giving homegrown players a chance but now SL teams will just sign them up.   so after that it was decided what to fund with all the money the supporter trust raise each year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swifty62 said:

did not dump reserve side for a scoreboard. it was decided the reserves would not be able to compete against SL teams who are being awarded £100,000 to run their reserve teams. plus they offer more money to players to turn out for their teams. they would love to be able to still run the reserves to continue giving homegrown players a chance but now SL teams will just sign them up.   so after that it was decided what to fund with all the money the supporter trust raise each year.

Rent? Not something they can add up themselves? They really do have some mad obsession with a scoreboard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shaymen0 said:

Rent? Not something they can add up themselves? They really do have some mad obsession with a scoreboard!

What's wrong with the scoreboard they use now and the lad that does it? Is his name Sam, or Shane? Defo my favourite part of watching the Toronto Wolkpack home match last season. To see the way (he obviously annoyed and frustrated) lashed the numbers out of the scoreboard as the doped up Wolkpack kept adding points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

What's wrong with the scoreboard they use now and the lad that does it? Is his name Sam, or Shane? Defo my favourite part of watching the Toronto Wolkpack home match last season. To see the way (he obviously annoyed and frustrated) lashed the numbers out of the scoreboard as the doped up Wolkpack kept adding points. 

How dare you accuse RL players of taking steroids

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On occasions we have used a mobile advertising board on the back of a flat bed transit, driving round town with adverts for matches etc. Perhaps it would be a good idea to spec one that could live on a trailer for use inside the Shay on match days and also be towed by a car ahead of match-days. I make no commitment regarding rent but presumably we have previously paid rent for the Transit one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...