nw3casc1

England....

3 minutes ago, Flea said:

Which is probably why non of the main parties ever thought that Leave would win the vote as so many are out of touch they all thought everyone was blissfully happy in a EU that works for the rich but not for the majority.

Labour for all their faults however still are more "the peoples party" than the other major parties however in my opinion. All they need is a clear out and a return to their roots.  

The whole Houses of Parliament need a clear out. They are all self serving bar stewards. A slight glance at their expense sheets tells you everything. The behaviour of the lot of them over recent times would have seen them hang at one time, so much arrogance that they think they are immune even from criticism.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dj funky said:

What as that twit Letwin ever done until today but just wanted his 5 minutes of fame.

He was awarded his Knighthood for Butt Licking.

39 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

The whole Houses of Parliament need a clear out. They are all self serving bar stewards. A slight glance at their expense sheets tells you everything. The behaviour of the lot of them over recent times would have seen them hang at one time, so much arrogance that they think they are immune even from criticism.

Unfortunately you get the politicians you deserve, how the hell these people think they are serving their constituents I don't know. Hopefully when the promised election comes along they will get their comeuppance. About time the House of Old out of Touch Duffers, sorry Lords was sorted too not to mention the surrogate PM/speaker.

Trouble is one set of politicians are the same as another. They promise everything to get elected then once done seek only to feather their own nests and bask in their own self importance. Democracy in this country is dead and to be honest I would rather trust a peodifile in a room of children than a politician at any level.

2 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Trouble is one set of politicians are the same as another. They promise everything to get elected then once done seek only to feather their own nests and bask in their own self importance. Democracy in this country is dead and to be honest I would rather trust a peodifile in a room of children than a politician at any level.

Or a paedophile politician in a room full of children.

Wouldn't trust any of the current self serving bunch whatever shade or hue, the pity of it is they still don't see the damage they have done or are doing. This includes the EU elected or unelected. bunch, If they had sent Cameron back with something meaningful several years ago we wouldn't  be where. we are now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Wouldn't trust any of the current self serving bunch whatever shade or hue, the pity of it is they still don't see the damage they have done or are doing. This includes the EU elected or unelected. bunch, If they had sent Cameron back with something meaningful several years ago we wouldn't  be where. we are now.

The far left and the far right are the beneficiaries and democracy and the will of the people are the losers.

I don't hate any of the current politicians. 

I do think that we should call time on their power over us. We elect them in, well, other people do because I sussed out that it's a total and utter waste of time voting  for the majority of these self serving narcissists.

The majority voted to leave. The majority did not vote for its politicians to block their will and hold several votes on what to do and not to do.

The prime minister has agreed a deal with the EU. The G7 are happy and want it to happen and as far as I'm concerned that should be that.

Done and dusted.

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

The prime minister has agreed a deal with the EU. The G7 are happy and want it to happen and as far as I'm concerned that should be that.

May too had agreed a deal. That wasn't acceptable to some just as johnsons deal isnt acceptable to some. I agree that just because people are fed up with it it shouldn't just be agreed and passed through. But I really dont know what the answer is.

1 minute ago, Bubba said:

May too had agreed a deal. That wasn't acceptable to some just as johnsons deal isnt acceptable to some. I agree that just because people are fed up with it it shouldn't just be agreed and passed through. But I really dont know what the answer is.

The answer is no deal, then negotiate. The original idea. There was the vote then a transition period that would have been over by now. 

• Like 1

It seems one of the tactics for the Remainers is simply to throw every spanner into the works so that the average person just ends up with Brexit fatigue and simply doesn’t care what happens next, as long as it puts an end to the entire circus.

I have to admit, this is kind of how I feel after three years of this crap.

I think we should leave as that was the original vote/result however if someone said ‘The UK will remain, no one will hear about Brexit or the EU again’ I think most would just take that now. Same, if it was the UK would leave and we wouldnt hear any more. I dont care what happens now, just get it over with ffs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Flea said:

It seems one of the tactics for the Remainers is simply to throw every spanner into the works so that the average person just ends up with Brexit fatigue and simply doesn’t care what happens next, as long as it puts an end to the entire circus.

I have to admit, this is kind of how I feel after three years of this crap.

I think we should leave as that was the original vote/result however if someone said ‘The UK will remain, no one will hear about Brexit or the EU again’ I think most would just take that now. Same, if it was the UK would leave and we wouldnt hear any more. I dont care what happens now, just get it over with ffs.

Those who want to give in are free to do so.

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never" Winston Churchill.

You must never give in, get to the ballot boxes and vote out every single politician that voted against their constituents whichever party they are in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

You must never give in, get to the ballot boxes and vote out every single politician that voted against their constituents whichever party they are in.

Only a General Election can solve this now.

One of the major struggles in the Labour party from the membership as of late has been around allowing members the power to vote for their MPs, cos at the moment it is selected by the central bureaucracy who parachute slick, Westminster types into 'safe' seats which for mysterious reasons are not so safe anymore after decades of this practice.

What happens under current rules, which require the local constituency party to run a negative campaign against its incumbent MP, is a lot of friction and negative attention is generated, which is of course amplified by the current media who play a sad violin for any MP who sees being hold to democratic account as a form of 'bullying'.

It's a bit weird supporting and organising for a political party that has so many people in higher positions who show so much contempt for you at every turn, but you have to keep at it or accept the continuation of the system as before. It's not supposed to be easy and you can't expect people to do it for you, so we plough on.

Scotland and Northern Ireland want to remain in the EU. I think we should  have a referendum in England and Wales for independence and divide the United Kingdom. Let Northern Ireland and Scotland remain in the EU and  take their share of the United Kingdom dept. Good luck to them. All this pandemonium is being caused by a communist idiot called Corbyn who has brainwashed the Labour party. The man is a looney fanatic who wants to rule the country. He knows now he will never be elected via a General Election, so he is trying to backdoor his way in anyway possible. It baffles me a Labour voter for most of my life, how people can be conned by and support the idiot.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

If only everyone got as worked up by tax avoidance and government corruption....

In Britain and more so the EU.

16 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

In Britain and more so the EU.

Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Just now, chrisbo61 said:

Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely!

And the EU wants absolute power over us.

9 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

And the EU wants absolute power over us.

Well it will certainly get it when we leave!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Well it will certainly get it when we leave!

In your dreams or should I say nightmares?