Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

What's Been Missing?

26 minutes ago, Shay said:

Where are we going to get this striker from TJ? We lost out to Stockport for Rodney 

We have one but put him out wide.

MacAlinden has played both outside and up top. His goal scoring ratio is better from out wide if you listen to the gaffer

5 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Macalindon has scored his goals from playing in a wider position. 

Check his goals. Then you will realise why we need him in and around the box, not out wide. His crosses are not good enough either.

Edited by Shaytrev

We're not gonna sign a 20+ goal striker at this stage of the season, it's wishful thinking. We've managed to reach and stay top of the league without this mythical striker in any case, though admittedly there have been a couple of matchdays where all other results have gone our way.

PW needs a plan which involves more than reverting to JF's 'try not to lose' model. That will quickly lose the crowd, and discontent in the crowd will hold the players back and then it's game over.

I have every faith given he's guided to the top with a third of the season gone. It simply cannot just be luck.

1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

Check his goals. Then you will realise why we need him in and around the box, not out wide.

Don't you think he comes off the wider area and finds space enabling him to score? Put him in the middle he will have 3 or 4 defenders up his backside as Southwell had when he came on

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Don't you think he comes off the wider area and finds space enabling him to score? Put him in the middle he will have 3 or 4 defenders up his backside as Southwell had when he came on

He is better than Southwell and should partner Sho.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

He is better than Southwell and should partner Sho.

But the manager has said the 4 2 3 1 is what he will play. So either he plays up top instead of Tobi or he plays in the No.10 role or a wider role. 

3 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

But the manager has said the 4 2 3 1 is what he will play. So either he plays up top instead of Tobi or he plays in the No.10 role or a wider role. 

Well, if he is stubborn enough to carry on at The Shay with something that clearly isn't working then that is up to him. It works away but has floundered at home.

4 zero's out of the last 5 home games. I rest my case.

Just now, Ash said:

Clearly isn’t working? We are top with the best goal difference!

Thanks to our away form. I have clearly stated it is floundering at home. 4 zero's in the last 5 games.

4 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Thanks to our away form. I have clearly stated it is floundering at home. 4 zero's in the last 5 games.

We have won 5 home games and 5 away games.

17 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

Muscle. Brown’s absence is hurting us. When he returns we can stand up to teams . 

We lost yesterday due to not scoring first not down to Browns absence, although his presence is missed. We need to be more direct & smarter on the ball.

3 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

We lost yesterday due to not scoring first not down to Browns absence, although his presence is missed. We need to be more direct & smarter on the ball.

We lost yesterday due to a formation that is far too defensive for a home game.

The players have demonstrated in four out of the last five home games that they are incapable of scoring goals in that formation.

Believe it or not im absolutely delighted with us being top. This league is the most open its been for many years. If we have ambition and think we can make the playoffs we need to change things that arent working.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Well, if he is stubborn enough to carry on at The Shay with something that clearly isn't working then that is up to him. It works away but has floundered at home.

4 zero's out of the last 5 home games. I rest my case.

I really am suprised you aren't a football manager Trev, because you knew exactly where Aspin, Heath and Fullerton went wrong and on top of that you know what Wild is doing wrong also. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I really am suprised you aren't a football manager Trev, because you knew exactly where Aspin, Heath and Fullerton went wrong and on top of that you know what Wild is doing wrong also. 

At least one person realises but I cannot take all the credit as many fans are saying the exact same thing, several on this message board.. 

Edited by Shaytrev

What are we lacking? Experience.

with the exception of Clarke  and possibly Duckworth we are a young and green side, with a young and green manager.

I said in an earlier thread this season may have come a little too early for us, and can’t help but think an old head in the middle of the park to put his foot on the ball and direct play and bark out instructions would make a difference and help develop the young talent around him. 
Also probably easier to get hold of than a twenty goal striker 

10 minutes ago, Angus said:

What are we lacking? Experience.

with the exception of Clarke  and possibly Duckworth we are a young and green side, with a young and green manager.

I said in an earlier thread this season may have come a little too early for us, and can’t help but think an old head in the middle of the park to put his foot on the ball and direct play and bark out instructions would make a difference and help develop the young talent around him. 
Also probably easier to get hold of than a twenty goal striker 

A decent one left Hartlepool to go to Morepath! 

39 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

We lost yesterday due to a formation that is far too defensive for a home game.

The players have demonstrated in four out of the last five home games that they are incapable of scoring goals in that formation.

Believe it or not im absolutely delighted with us being top. This league is the most open its been for many years. If we have ambition and think we can make the playoffs we need to change things that arent working.

Far too defensive but we put 4 past Barnet at home who are in/around the top 7?

We are top, teams will come and gladly take a point, just like we did at many grounds (including ours!) last season

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Far too defensive but we put 4 past Barnet at home who are in/around the top 7?

We are top, teams will come and gladly take a point, just like we did at many grounds (including ours!) last season

But 0 0 0 0 in the other 4.