Sign in to follow this  
Shaymen Stats

The Shaycast Ep. 1

I really don't understand the love-in for JF.

He may have signed the backbone of the current side but he didn't know how to bloody well use them. It's appalling that any of the credit that should go to Wild is being diverted to one of the club's worst ever managers.

As a stats man you should know how bad JF was for this club.

And make sure you protect your football with a UV-protective sleeve, or the ink won't last very long at all.

Also, £350k for Horsfield? It was initially reported as £300k but then £325k kept being quoted in various sources. Anyone know which is actually correct?

Anyways, a good if nervous start from everyone, good job. Hope to see it continue! Get DB on if you can so we can see his reactions to questions as well as his answers. And if you want a laugh, get Bubba on but keep him away from microphones.

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

I really don't understand the love-in for JF.

He may have signed the backbone of the current side but he didn't know how to bloody well use them. It's appalling that any of the credit that should go to Wild is being diverted to one of the club's worst ever managers.

As a stats man you should know how bad JF was for this club.

And make sure you protect your football with a UV-protective sleeve, or the ink won't last very long at all.

Also, £350k for Horsfield? It was initially reported as £300k but then £325k kept being quoted in various sources. Anyone know which is actually correct?

Anyways, a good if nervous start from everyone, good job. Hope to see it continue! Get DB on if you can so we can see his reactions to questions as well as his answers. And if you want a laugh, get Bubba on but keep him away from microphones.

No love in here at all. We transitioned from part time to full time under him Clarke said he was one of the main reasons he moved to the club.

And indeed the spine of this team is Fullarton signings. Did he utilise them correctly? - no imo but they're still his signings. 

I never said he was Guardiola, and we did imove into the Headingley site under him. He was the manager that was the bridge between part time to full (albeit not a very good one). 

350k for Geoff Horsfield: source - my own memory and Town's programmes since his departure for that fee :)

Edited by Shaymen Stats
  • Like 1

His managerial reign was a see-saw Hoddie. 

Least goals conceded (great), least goals scored (rubbish). Ofc "great defence", "poor attack" 

Only 13 losses (great), 13 wins (rubbish) 

The list goes on. 

52 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

His managerial reign was a see-saw Hoddie. 

Least goals conceded (great), least goals scored (rubbish). Ofc "great defence", "poor attack" 

Only 13 losses (great), 13 wins (rubbish) 

The list goes on. 

And which of those stats wins honours? Goals scored and wins. I wish people would stop trying to polish the turd that was JF's reign. 

59 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

I never said he was Guardiola, and we did imove into the Headingley site under him. He was the manager that was the bridge between part time to full (albeit not a very good one).

He was the manager at the time the club decided to sort out training facilities and go full time. It could have been anyone.

6 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Alright I'll put it another way, in one sentence. 

If Nathan Clarke had not mentioned him Jamie Fullarton would not have got a mention. 

A bit defensive. But okay, if you're so indifferent, why then start defending him here?

Because he wasn't the worst manager the club has ever had. Some like to make out he's Darren Kelly incarnate when in reality he's behind (and this is just in my lifetime) John Carroll, Mark Lillis, Paul Bracewell & Darren Kelly 

Really enjoyed the show btw. Nathan spoke very well, interesting how he checked himself to say it's now every boy and girls dream to be a footballer.

Excellent stuff, keep it up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

And Billy boot boot. He was ****

Was given two years by the board to get us back up out of the National League North. Did it in one, gave the higher league a go, was too much for him and he stepped aside. Again poor to watch in the end but not on the worst manager the club has had list :)

5 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Was given two years by the board to get us back up out of the National League North. Did it in one, gave the higher league a go, was too much for him and he stepped aside. Again poor to watch in the end but not on the worst manager the club has had list :)

You go back longer than I do but of the manager's I've seen ( since Aspin) him and comical Kelly are in a race to the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

You go back longer than I do but of the manager's I've seen ( since Aspin) him and comical Kelly are in a race to the bottom.

Billy Heath? Again wasn't the best, or the worst like Fullarton. Was JF better than Heath - no, was he better than Kelly - yes. 

In order of permanent mangers and I would include Pete yet

1.Aspin

2.Heath

3.Fullerton

4.Kelly

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Billy Heath? Again wasn't the best, or the worst like Fullarton. Was JF better than Heath - no, was he better than Kelly - yes. 

Sorry, disagree.

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Unfortunately after watching Halifax for 70 years I haven´t got enough fingers to count the bad managers but could count the good ones on one hand.:(

I bet haha! Did you like the podcast? 

4 hours ago, Hoddie said:

. And if you want a laugh, get Bubba on but keep him away from microphones.

I remember Bubba doing commentary years ago with equipment bought by SDS (subsequently it got nicked)

Maybe the media team could invite him to be a guest commentator :)

8 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

I remember Bubba doing commentary years ago with equipment bought by SDS (subsequently it got nicked)

Maybe the media team could invite him to be a guest commentator :)

I remember calling York goalkeeper 'Alan Fettish'.