Today’s Game - Maidenhead

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Do we really want to go back to playing players in positions that are not their natural roles? We had that last season under JF and it was horrendous to watch.

Lets look at some facts - most goals scored in the league, least goals conceded, most wins in the league, team with most players having netted - oh, and we are top of the league. 

Why change something that is obviously working?

Hanson will get his chance. Its up to him to take it when he does. I rate him and think he will take that chance, however for now, he has to sit it out a bit. 

…..it that a guarantee all 11 do a perfect job?......hint'hint…..

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought we bossed it today. Battered them in the first half and could have been 3/4 up. Polar opposite to last seasons first half when we should have been 4/5 down.  Almost felt like a tr

Love comments like this. So pleased I spent Christmas Day many years ago cleaning up the old vinyl version and making this video. This may be not the first time I've written this!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Theres a difference between tactically tweaking and from making changes for the sake of it however.

Excluding the Brown/Staunton swap due to Brown's injury the back 5 have been the same all season - and the results (joint best defence) justifies that remaining the same.

Going forward and in midfield, we have plenty of options and have tweaked it tactically a few times with all those players that naturally play in midfield/attack getting involved. We shouldn't be putting a defender in midfield just to give him game time when there are more "natural" players that can cover those positions who have not let us down this season - and bar the odd performance there isn't a single player that has consistently let us down this season to justify him being cut. 

:D:lol:

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Theres a difference between tactically tweaking and from making changes for the sake of it however.

Excluding the Brown/Staunton swap due to Brown's injury the back 5 have been the same all season - and the results (joint best defence) justifies that remaining the same.

Going forward and in midfield, we have plenty of options and have tweaked it tactically a few times with all those players that naturally play in midfield/attack getting involved. We shouldn't be putting a defender in midfield just to give him game time when there are more "natural" players that can cover those positions who have not let us down this season - and bar the odd performance there isn't a single player that has consistently let us down this season to justify him being cut. 

…...you're actually saying Williams especially (and Nolan) have been a success everytime but once?:o

Edited by TheNorwegianViking
Just now, olitheshayman said:

Just had it in my head with us playing down that way, and probably because of that other thread on politics, and it's a tune!

It certainly is. One of my best friends growing up was a huge Jam fan. I liked them too and I bought lots of their 7"s and albums.

One of them came to live in Todmorden for a while too. Bruce Foxton.

2 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The very top teams in the World have all reached that pinnacle by having an harrying midfielder in their team

Manchester City won the Premier League last season, which one of their players doesn't feel comfortable on the ball.

Edited by born to moan
4 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It certainly is. One of my best friends growing up was a huge Jam fan. I liked them too and I bought lots of their 7"s and albums.

One of them came to live in Todmorden for a while too. Bruce Foxton.

…..you mean he was a fan of Tiptree?......BTW......The Jammers (Maldon & Tiptree) won 6-1 in the FA Cup today…...

Edited by TheNorwegianViking
1 minute ago, Flea said:

Can someone deal with this Viking idiot to get it from spamming these threads 20+ times with his pointless drivel all the time? Its obviously too thick to realise no one cares about anything it says. 

I tried last week Flea but to no avail. You're probably the same as me sometimes when you log onto the site and you've got about 6 messages and then you realise four are from him. Why does he keep messaging posters that have blocked him? The only reason I can think of his he is trying to show off to other people. But, as you say above, nobody cares. If he's got something to say about an aspect of the club or the team etc fair enough but the majority of his posts are either highlighting something you've written in one of your posts and then trying to write a condasending post which takes the highlighted section of your post out of context, as well the fact it will never get a response.

Why can't he just interact with people that haven't blocked him?

The bloke is a waste of time.

7 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

He's a complete and utter irrelevance. Hasn't a clue what he is babbling on about and probably doesn't realise that he is an ongoing running joke in the stands where everyone is mocking him. Idiot can't even bloody multiquote ffs. 

Its annoying to see a good thread derailed by his utter shite after every game. I have him on ignore, yet he is still continually trying to bait. 

He's posted 9 times in the last hour, {Edit - make that 12 whilst I made this post} quoting several posts, about a game he hasn't witnessed, posting irrelevant crap. Like, what is the point? These threads always end up dying when you end up with a wall of his rubbish. Currently instead of talking about a good performance I have half a page of  "You've chosen to ignore content by TheNorwegianViking." 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I tried last week Flea but to no avail. You're probably the same as me sometimes when you log onto the site and you've got about 6 messages and then you realise four are from him. Why does he keep messaging posters that have blocked him? The only reason I can think of his he is trying to show off to other people. But, as you say above, nobody cares. If he's got something to say about an aspect of the club or the team etc fair enough but the majority of his posts are either highlighting something you've written in one of your posts and then trying to write a condasending post which takes the highlighted section of your post out of context, as well the fact it will never get a response.

Why can't he just interact with people that haven't blocked him?

Why bother so much if it's a waste of time?:D

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Flea said:

He's a complete and utter irrelevance. Hasn't a clue what he is babbling on about and probably doesn't realise that he is an ongoing running joke in the stands where everyone is mocking him. Idiot can't even bloody multiquote ffs. 

Its annoying to see a good thread derailed by his utter shite after every game. I have him on ignore, yet he is still continually trying to bait. 

He's posted 9 times in the last hour, quoting several posts, about a game he hasn't witnessed, posting irrelevant crap. Like, what is the point? These threads always end up dying when you end up with a wall of his rubbish. Currently instead of talking about a good performance I have half a page of  "You've chosen to ignore content by TheNorwegianViking." 

…..Say no more;)

Just now, francisfirth said:

Decent goal today? 

Yup. Ball played in from a throw, headed half clear, Liam takes it on the sort of half bounce/volley and places it into the bottom corner from just outside the box.

BT commentators pulled the keeper up to say he could have done better, however I think that was harsh as I think Liam's put it brilliantly into the corner. We have seen him do this several times this season where he doesn't blast the ball into the net, instead he pretty much just places it out of the reach of the keeper and puts it in the corner. 

• Like 4
Just now, Flea said:

Yup. Ball played in from a throw, headed half clear, Liam takes it on the sort of half bounce/volley and places it into the bottom corner from just outside the box.

BT commentators pulled the keeper up to say he could have done better, however I think that was harsh as I think Liam's put it brilliantly into the corner. We have seen him do this several times this season where he doesn't blast the ball into the net, instead he pretty much just places it out of the reach of the keeper and puts it in the corner. 

Agree, I think the bulk of his goals are about placement, which feels ridiculously precise. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Flea said:

…..Who to believe?:)