Sign in to follow this  
greg45

Anyone want to complain?

The strength of our line-ups is that there isn’t a definitive one yet, I guess. Am I right to think we’ve even had a couple of our best results without playing King? He needs 90 minutes next game, but all these lads can be firing well.

Pete Wild has said we dominated the game,think I was at a different game-we could have been 3/4-0 down at H-T,it was only when Cameron King came on that we looked as tho we was trying to win the game,Not a dig at PW btw-as he's done well since he's been here,engaging with fans & in a lot of games-got us playing some entertaining  footballl

Edited by GLPFCHT

25 minutes ago, GLPFCHT said:

Pete Wild has said we dominated the game,think I was at a different game-we could have been 3/4-0 down at H-T,it was only when Cameron King came on that we looked as tho we was trying to win the game,Not a dig at PW btw-as he's done well since he's been here,engaging with fans & in a lot of games-got us playing some entertaining  footballl

We have probably overachieved up to press but a standard has been set & we need to maintain it. No matter how you look at it we were not at the races until the last 15 mins & still conspired to lose, disappointing. Even the support was subdued as if half expecting the outcome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GLPFCHT said:

I think we dominated the second half in the sense that it was us that had the ball.

However, Harrogate had us sussed out and were happy for us to huff and puff knowing we couldn't break them down. They stifled us into taking pot shots from 30 yards which was a good tactic from them.

Oddly, even though they shaded the first half it looked like they had camped in to get a 0-0 in the second half and I feel their winner came more from luck, rather than from a great game plan from them. They caught us on the break and made the most of it. Going on the second half showing if after 80 mins you were told one side was going to win it and you had £10 to put on a team I think 90% of the people would have said we would have been more likely.

We dominated possession and the play, however it was because Harrogate's game plan allowed us to do so in areas where we couldn't hurt them. Not many chances from either side in truth and not a game we will remember in a few years time. 

• Like 1

Sorry but, it was one of those games that Halifax Town AFC fans and FC Halifax Town have seen so many times through the years . As the game wore on, only one team was going to score and it wasn't Halifax

5 minutes ago, Shay said:

I would imagine if we won the league, fa trophy and fa cup treble somebody would complain about something 

Yep, like the cost of doctors and new suits for the players 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Shay said:

I would imagine if we won the league, fa trophy and fa cup treble somebody would complain about something 

Only when we lose, bit like when someone agrees to buy an house then gives backwards on contract day

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Only when we lose, bit like when someone agrees to buy an house then gives backwards on contract day

It happens. Unless we adopt the Scottish model? 

On 9/25/2019 at 10:23 AM, born to moan said:

Yes I would like to complain or moan as I call it. I'd like Pete Wild to come on this forum (he reads it all managers read their clubs fans forum), and explain why our best player Cameron King is on the bench until the last quarter of the match. Its madness, King creates things others can't. Come on Pete no other manager ever as, give us an answer.

Well well well.

46 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I didn't watch the game . Can someone tell me what Cam King did for the 90 minutes between goals ?

…..he was waiting to use his last attributes for the last goal......obvious?;)

7 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I didn't watch the game . Can someone tell me what Cam King did for the 90 minutes between goals ?

I can only give a beer goggle assessment.........................MOM and a sensation.

6 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

I can only give a beer goggle assessment.........................MOM and a sensation.

I only had 3 pints and I totally agree. He didn't just score two goals and then do naff all. It was like a player from and under 12's team had invited his 15 year old cousin to play. He stood out that much. Going through 3 or 4 players at a time with ease. He's the best midfielder since Dan Gardner and he could turn out to be the best midfielder the new club has had.

I thought Liam Mc showed glimpses but did look a bit lacking in confidence. He doesn't look like he's comfortable in that role. The next best player on the pitch after Cameron and in front of Liam, for actual ability with the ball at his feet was their left winger that came on in the second half. Thank God he didn't start the game and plays full 90 because he was a good player with a good touch and good control. He would be a player I'd keep tabs on for sure. Not sure of he's just come back from injury or if he's not quite match fit etc but he should be starting for them.