Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Notts County today’s game

Just now, Greggs said:

I don't understand when you go a goal down. You take your 2 most likely players off. Sho Silva does some things well. But he simply isn't a goal threat. 

Then you revert to a 442 and shove Allen up front. Could have done that with our top scorer McAlinden.

Dont rate Danny Williams at all contributes nothing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

We lose and the same old trio are there in a flash... 

And here's the resident. Everythings rosy and bright non stop. People are entitled to there say. Positive or nevative. 

Edited by Greggs

3 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

Who can blame them, they’ve been twiddling their thumbs for two months. At least it keeps them off the streets.

Right before this board goes into meltdown let's bear in mind that like Yeovil last week County were relegated and therefore have had a parachute payment to help finance their playing budget. They are another big physical side that we are having trouble containing without the Brown/Clarke defensive partnership.

PW needs to find a solution to us being out muscled by teams. However the three games we have lost have been difficult matches and against opposition that I would expect us to find hard to beat. Overall I am not unduly concerned and next week I will be hoping to get three points.

4 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

Who can blame them, they’ve been twiddling their thumbs for two months. At least it keeps them off the streets.

Aww another one who won't ever allow anything negative against the club. 

Yes we have had a fantastic start. The manager has my full support. For every 4-0 win we can wax lyrical about. Theres defeats that people are going to pick the bones out of like it ir not. 

But there have been notable wrong decisions in the last 2 games. You choose to stick your head in the sand thats your lookout 

Edited by Greggs
  • Like 1

Not getting worried at all or going into a meltdown but One word to describe that was - Garbage. 

Every single one of them were **** today. 

Binnom-Williams was horrendous and his positional play atrocious and after 20 minutes he was knackered just like the rest of the team. 

I’d swap Wootton for Sho Silva every time he is what we are missing. Absolutely bullied Clarke all game. 

Hope we can bounce back but we miss Brown massively. 

Edited by TJAshton

2 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

You are a moron lad. You wont have gone today but you are part of the brigade that like to dwindle in this league. Weve had a great start but twice we've lost to 10 men and not even looked like scoring a goal. The manager deserves criticism for his substitutions today

• Like 1

1 minute ago, halifaxmark said:

You are a moron lad. You wont have gone today but you are part of the brigade that like to dwindle in this league. Weve had a great start but twice we've lost to 10 men and not even looked like scoring a goal. The manager deserves criticism for his substitutions today

The last paragraph is bang on. 

Literally removed any chance of scoring a goal from the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Expert speaks to moron, I like it, says a lot. 

There is a similarity to last season in that we had a brilliant start, topped the league then lost a major influential player to injury that resulted in us going into freefall. At least the injury to Brown isn't as long term and Cooper sounds a better player than Lennigan so hopefully the similarity has ended and when Brown returns (or sooner) we stop the rot and climb the table again .

Like others have said, second half in particular abysmal. Midfield was absolutely non existent. Might as well have not been on the pitch. 

Staunton not a centre half. Much better in the holding midfield role and we are missing his presence there. Clarke badly missing Brown. Two poor games in a row from him.

Wild got his substitutions badly wrong. Why take off your only creative player and top scorer? Two games in a row I’ve questioned his subs and timing of them. 

Need a win badly next week. Could be the start of a rut if we are not careful.

• Like 1

Yeovil were better than us and looked like potential champions, Notts Co were average. I have a feeling we have been found out and some players need to learn how to adapt and quickly. 

5 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

You wont have gone today either you moron

No lad, late summer holiday in Greece, shame as it was my local game. I love how direct you are though lad, makes you look great. 

21 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

I suppose you are jumping for joy you tw@t?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

I suppose you are jumping for joy you tw@t?

Morons and tw@ts, it's like being at a national front meeting or a 30s beer Keller. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Yeovil were better than us and looked like potential champions, Notts Co were average. I have a feeling we have been found out and some players need to learn how to adapt and quickly. 

I'd agree with that first half Notts looked very much like a side who had only won two games all season. We looked like a side who would struggle to win one all season. 

Just now, francisfirth said:

Morons and tw@ts, it's like being at a national front meeting or a 30s beer Keller. 

You were not even at the game to see the shite

Sounded poor.

Still early days. Need Browny and Maher back and with a but of luck get Josh in too.

You can't be happy after a poor display, especially if you've travelled to the game but the team are still gaining fitness and are still finding their feet.

UTS.

Make no mistake, that was the worst performance of the season by an absolute mile. Twice now we've not been able to cope after the opposition go down to ten men, how we adapt to that is something we need to work on badly. 

Wild got his substitutions badly wrong today as well. He was right to have us transition into the 4-4-2 when we did, but why take McAlinden off when him up front is what we were crying out for? King off at the same time raised a few eyebrows for me too, he probably could have gone on just a little bit longer.

Speaking of King, that's one of few positives from today. In the first half you could just tell he was a class above anyone else on the pitch, absolute miracle if we keep him behind January.

Cooper? Didn't do too badly to begin with, fingers crossed he develops on this and turns out to be a half decent signing.

Binnom-Williams felt like he reverted back to the unfit Binnom-Williams we had at the start of the season. There's quite clearly a player in him, but he's starting to prove that he's not consistent enough to keep his individual run of form going. I know Wild has emphasised that he only wants a squad of twenty, but I feel like we should possibly start looking at alternatives at left back purely to keep Binnom-Williams on his feet.

Barnet next, and that's an interesting one for me. They're unbeaten in five, but their results don't really stand out as particularly impressive with three of those games being draws. A couple of weeks ago we could very easily blow them away, but now it looks like it could be another one where we struggle.

Edited by Lewis

32 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I’d swap Wootton for Sho Silva every time he is what we are missing. Absolutely bullied Clarke all game. 

And probably 2/3k difference in wages per week