Notts County today’s game

Nick

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Greggs said:

Certain people on this forum would sooner have had Heath and Fullarton take us down than say something negative about the situation 

And certain people would sack a manger every 12 months and wonder why we cant get above a bottom half finish.

Swings and roundabouts i suppose!

5 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Speculate to accumulate (investment) not throw your money away. Prudent investment on say a Left sided attacking MF player could gain you promotion not bring in 4/5 for the sake of it.

Without wanting to fall out with you,how on earth do you know what the team needs if you are resident  in the Canaries?Remember we had "prudent" investment in a  certain Chris Tate which greatly assisted our demise back into the  Conference nearly 20 yrs ago, after working so hard to get back in the FL.

28 minutes ago, AGB said:

Without wanting to fall out with you,how on earth do you know what the team needs if you are resident  in the Canaries?Remember we had "prudent" investment in a  certain Chris Tate which greatly assisted our demise back into the  Conference nearly 20 yrs ago, after working so hard to get back in the FL.

There are plenty forms of media to form an opinion on these days. In fact, it's the best it's ever been on that score. 

You've also got opinion on here. 

8 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

There are plenty forms of media to form an opinion on these days. In fact, it's the best it's ever been on that score. 

You've also got opinion on here. 

I form my opinion by GOING to the matches  unlike you and your mate.I respect anyone and their views If they attend.

If i remember correctly i asked you last year when you last attended a match and you refused to answer.Sorry but 15000 + posts from someone who never attends shows you need another hobby.

9 hours ago, AGB said:

Chris Tate, prudent investment?

You obviously have no idea what was going on at The Shay and Scarborough at the time. The Scarborough Chairman eventually ended up in the nick (he moved on to another Club first) and we had a Chairman that should have. Anyone who didn't have his head up his own arse knew the deal was anything but prudent.

9 hours ago, AGB said:

Chris Tate was never prudent investment in a million years he was part of a dodgy deal. I know more about FCHT living in Lanzarote than I ever did standing on the north bank for 50 years due to contacts I have made over the years. Fall out with me or not that´s your choice AGB.

40 minutes ago, AGB said:

I form my opinion by GOING to the matches  unlike you and your mate.I respect anyone and their views If they attend.

If i remember correctly i asked you last year when you last attended a match and you refused to answer.Sorry but 15000 + posts from someone who never attends shows you need another hobby.

I wish I could have an opinion. I have followed Halifax Town for almost 60 years and only attended 2 games in the last 5 years. However, I shall be there on Saturday so I can have an opinion on Sunday 

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Chris Tate was never prudent investment in a million years he was part of a dodgy deal. I know more about FCHT living in Lanzarote than I ever did standing on the north bank for 50 years due to contacts I have made over the years. Fall out with me or not that´s your choice AGB.

Was there not a suggestion that Tate had a bit of 'problem' ? 

Anyone who takes even the slightest interest in the team. That's a fan in my opinion. It used to wind me up after matches in town when people asked how we got on. My attitude was 'if you cared enough, you'd go'. Then some were saying 'I've been at work mate and desperate to go but I couldn't make it'. Even if people ask just cos I'm wearing a shirt it's at least talking about the club if nothing else. 

For instance if I see a Fax/Bradford/Leeds shirt in town on a Sat/Sunday I don't ask them how they've got on cos I'm not interested. 

People who live abroad but still take an interest in their club (usually born here and ex pats). 

Anyone on this forum is a fan because we've took the time to register, or at the least read it as a guest. 

My dad went home and away for years then life took over. He got married, started a family, became self-employed and then took on a pub. He still went to the big games, and even when at death's door, he wanted to go to the pub to watch whenever they were on TV. He was a fan. He wouldn't qualify by some people's standards, but he wouldn't have given a shit what people thought. He'd paid his dues. 

People forget, those who have moved away or who have limited budgets because of other commitments or whatever, they've paid their share over the years. Who is JGN1 or anyone to say they're a bad fan or whatever the choice of words is this week, just because they pick and choose which games to attend, or - shock horror - no longer go at all? 

Tell you who I think is a shit fan? Someone who puts up with a manager like JF even though the club is hemorrhaging fans because of him. People who would sooner blame the fans than the club or the manager. Sheep mentality. Just because. Probably sniffed glue when they were younger, or snort on the weekends because the Daily Heil says that's what the middle class does these days. 

I know I'm repeating my self but we just don't play enough down the left, I understand it's an automatic reaction with all right footed players but when our top goal scorer is on the left and left footed then we need to play to the strength, I read earlier that someone said LMc may as well not been in the pitch but in all fairness in the first half fans around us were shouting for certain players to give him the ball when he was clearly free only to see the ever to often turn and pass right. 

The on the door prices will still sadly mean that there are Halifax Town fans who are more Halifax Town well-wishers, but anyone who shows a sign of enjoyment in getting behind the Shaymen qualifies as a fan. BUT, I think if the season ticket offer continues through to next season on the back of a play-off push more people will get a season ticket and more people will in turn bring friends, family and other victims to watch the Shaymen. Of course more loyal fans will help the club through the low times, which is great. There'll always be fairweather fans who tend to turn up for a plum 1st round fa cup draw. But they will boost the crowds on the big days and maybe even throughout the big seasons. Let's begrudgingly consider the dog botherers on the other side of Ainley Top. They doubled their attendances in their promotion season from the Championship, and they're not really dropping off in support yet, they're still averaging over 20,000 in the Championship now as opposed to 12,000 in 2015/2016 before David Wagner became manager there. https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/huddersfield-town/attendances/2015-2016

The point is, any fan is welcome whether they see the Shaymen as a passion, a hobby or an occasional interest. Any fan will spread the word when the time comes. To me loyal fans do deserve extra plaudits because they really do keep the club and the sport going.

I dont buy into the ‘XYZ is more of a fan because’ argument. There are fans that have done more or are more noticeable than others, however who can judge how each person feels on a match day, or how much each person cares about the club.

Time, money, family commitments, other interests, other commitments, health, etc... are all too big contributors to dismiss someones attendance / non attendance. 

Its also not just about going to games that makes you a fan. What do you do to promote or look out for the club for example? How many people stood up when The Shay was at risk of being sold for some magic beans 5/6 years ago. How many people threw money into buckets, fundraised or wrote/spoke about the problems of the old club to get attention when it was needed? How many people set up resources to get information out for others, be it websites, forums, supporters groups like SDS etc...

I can count on one hand how many games I’ve missed in the last 5 years. However my personal circumstance means I can get to games. My income isnt going on a mortgage, on kids or putting food on the table - stuff which, lets be blunt is more important. If you think attending a football match is more important than paying your rent or feeding your child it doesn’t make you a better fan, it makes you a complete and utter tit. People move away, get other hobbies, interests or commitments or simply have other priorities that take over.

The only thing that makes me not value someones opinion or care for their posts is when you have idiots that TELL you what went on in a game and who performed well in a game that they have not witnessed. We only have one fool doing that though and I think a good 75% on here have tuned out to his nonsense. 

• Hoddie locked and unlocked this topic

Archived