born to moan

Poor management.

The game can be played many ways, and for Lee Gregory reducing his muscle mass to the required degree made him faster and more agile, no doubt about it. He ended up having the perfect physique for this level. In 2013/2014 we would hoof the ball up, lest we forget. The difference that season was that Gregs wouldn't jump and contend for a header but anticipate where the ball would land, get under it, stand his ground and control it with aplomb before feeding Gardner, Smith, Maynard, Pearson or Marshall and getting in the box for the final ball in.
His first goal in the televised match v Alfreton was an excellent demonstration of what made Gregory so special that season. Too strong, too agile, too acurate with his finishing. Defenders couldn't cope (28 mins in on this lovely throwback video).

3 hours ago, Buddy said:

Gosh when I think of the list of scrorny little world class players I have witnessed over the last 50 yes of watching football my mind boggles! Brains, skill and sheer determination will win over Braun most of the time.

That Luca Modric is some brick outhouse......:blink:

On 9/8/2019 at 12:22 PM, born to moan said:

I'm sorry not having a go at Pete Wild, can't do that yet. But not bringing in a loan Centre Back while Matty Brown is out is poor to me. Staunton good at the defensive mid position but not a centre half. It could be I'm wrong and they've tried to sign one but not managed it.

That was after Yeovil game lost 2 out of 3 since conceding 2 goals in the game we won. Signing a CB on loan was common sense. 

• Like 1

Fortunately or unfortunately PW & the players have set the bar to the height they are capable of, it's not an unrealistic expectation on the supporters part to expect performances if not beyond that somewhere near. Not sure why but some matches we appear to have no energy to get round the field when the opposition do.

56 minutes ago, born to moan said:

That was after Yeovil game lost 2 out of 3 since conceding 2 goals in the game we won. Signing a CB on loan was common sense. 

Reluctantly agree, these past few games have at least shown how important Brownie is as both player and captain.

2 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

They Shaymen at the moment can be described as  Jekyll and Hyde performers.

Hopefully we get more Dr Jekyll performances!

(Think I got that the right way round!)

5 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Hopefully we get more Dr Jekyll performances!

(Think I got that the right way round!)

Correct, Mr Hyde was the naughty one.

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2019 at 5:07 PM, Shaytrev said:

Correct, Mr Hyde was the naughty one.

Naughty one .. interesting choice of adjective

I'm sorry not having a go at Pete Wild, can't do that yet. But not bringing in a loan Centre Back while Matty Brown is out is poor to me. Staunton good at the defensive mid position but not a centre half. It could be I'm wrong and they've tried to sign one but not managed it.

Well, I told you.

Paul Huntington is a tall solid experienced centre-half who currently can't get in the PNE match day squad who would have been an ideal temp replacement for Brown. Fairly local as well.  Perhaps if Brown gets a further injury then he could be worth trying.

1 hour ago, rdj said:

Paul Huntington is a tall solid experienced centre-half who currently can't get in the PNE match day squad who would have been an ideal temp replacement for Brown. Fairly local as well.  Perhaps if Brown gets a further injury then he could be worth trying.

How much are his wages? What %age of his wages would PNE want paying?

Naming players is all well and good but the above factors may put him way out of our league.

The fact he is not getting in the team top of the Championship,  I doubt he would drop to play for Halifax Town.

With Bobby Ham's historic link with PNE, it would do no harm to give consideration to the possibility of asking re its feasibility.

Worth paying a bit for experience, with us having a lot of youngsters already.

3 hours ago, rdj said:

You're joking right? A guy who's played around 150 times in the championship over the last 4 years and never played below league one is a genuine candidate for a loan move to a national league team? Erm....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The good news for Paul Huntingdon is, I've never heard of him so I think he should sign

perhaps you googled the mispelt name !

On 10/27/2019 at 12:21 AM, born to moan said:

Well, I told you.

They have tried to sign at least 1. A deal was agreed with their club but the player (League 2) turned us down.