Poor management.

1 hour ago, born to moan said:

No got a right thrashing, had won 5 on trot previously but he bowled really well. Brighouse greens at the  moment are in excellent condition unlike many others, and opposition bowlers love it. It brings out the best in them, that's my excuse.

Good thing about bowls is it's always kept on't ruddy deck.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, his upper body.

As usual Bollox your comment has flown over my head. Are you related to the late Stanley Unwin?

Perhaps a name change from Wilder to Talking, is in order.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, born to moan said:

No got a right thrashing, had won 5 on trot previously but he bowled really well. Brighouse greens at the  moment are in excellent condition unlike many others, and opposition bowlers love it. It brings out the best in them, that's my excuse.

It's a much underrated sport, are playing numbers declining? 

Quite sure the lessons are clear as daylight for Pete Wild for the mistakes made on Saturday. There are key differences in scenarios where C King was subbed for J King successfully in the Barrow match and mistakenly in the Notts County match for example. Even if the overall team performance was poor, this didn't help, considering Cameron King stood out as our decent player.
We always are a bit bipolar between 'survival is an achievement' and 'play-offs here we come', that's the emotion of football. My emotions ahead of the next match against Barnet are caught between utter elation "oh my God we actually are looking like promotion contenders!" and nervous realism "well, considering pre-season we're lucky to be where we are".

I want us to go out against Barnet and prove that we don't need Matty Brown, that we can adapt to adverse circumstances, and that we can change our game when it seems the opposition have got us worked out, like Yeovil and Notts County have done to great alarm.

1 hour ago, olitheshayman said:

Quite sure the lessons are clear as daylight for Pete Wild for the mistakes made on Saturday. There are key differences in scenarios where C King was subbed for J King successfully in the Barrow match and mistakenly in the Notts County match for example. Even if the overall team performance was poor, this didn't help, considering Cameron King stood out as our decent player.
We always are a bit bipolar between 'survival is an achievement' and 'play-offs here we come', that's the emotion of football. My emotions ahead of the next match against Barnet are caught between utter elation "oh my God we actually are looking like promotion contenders!" and nervous realism "well, considering pre-season we're lucky to be where we are".

I want us to go out against Barnet and prove that we don't need Matty Brown, that we can adapt to adverse circumstances, and that we can change our game when it seems the opposition have got us worked out, like Yeovil and Notts County have done to great alarm.

Brown is the one player we really do need, he makes such a difference to the rest of the team. He wins all his headers and puts so much more confidence in his team mates.

Personally I'm really concerned about C.Kings fitness, why cant the lad play 90 mins? Understandable that we rested him over the bank holiday period but when were chasing a game and he comes off there must be more too it.

Edited by greygoose
13 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Brown is the one player we really do need, he makes such a difference to the rest of the team. He wins all his headers and puts so much more confidence in his team mates.

Personally I'm really concerned about C.Kings fitness, why cant the lad play 90 mins? Understandable that we rested him over the bank holiday period but when were chasing a game and he comes off there must be more too it.

Heard a rumour at notts county game, that Cameron king has an underlying hamstring issue. No idea how true it is. 

1 hour ago, greygoose said:

He was man marked in the second half by County and went missing.  It was the right call to take him off.

1 hour ago, shaymen down under said:

Heard a rumour at notts county game, that Cameron king has an underlying hamstring issue. No idea how true it is. 

Has an underlying health issue which restricts the time he can play at full throttle.this was confirmed by the manager.Not sure what we are/can do about addressing this.

1 hour ago, shaymen down under said:

He might have, what he certainly hasn't got is the strength and muscle to compete with bigger and stronger players. He needs to do work in the gym and be put on a protein diet. It is surprising how fast an athlete can build himself up. Put him on what those Yeovil players are on.

1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

He might have, what he certainly hasn't got is the strength and muscle to compete with bigger and stronger players. He needs to do work in the gym and be put on a protein diet. It is surprising how fast an athlete can build himself up. Put him on what those Yeovil players are on.

what £1.500 per week.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, greygoose said:

Personally I think that the team miss Staunton in defensive midfield more.

I would have brought in a loan cb if possible to cover Brown, rather than signed Cooper , although Cooper may turn out to be a fine addition.

1 hour ago, never_shay_die said:

He was man marked in the second half by County and went missing.  It was the right call to take him off.

We were chasing the game against 10 men so it made no sense, proved bye the fact it didn't work. Agree he was gettin lttle joy 2nd half but he still has to stay on given the circumstances for me. But as i suspect there looks to be more than meets the eye with his fitness.

23 minutes ago, greygoose said:

We were chasing the game against 10 men so it made no sense, proved bye the fact it didn't work. Agree he was gettin lttle joy 2nd half but he still has to stay on given the circumstances for me. But as i suspect there looks to be more than meets the eye with his fitness.

It wasn't working with him on either!  It was right to make a change and if he hadn't, people would have said he was wrong to leave it as it was. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

36 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

Is the penny dropping as tto why he didn't  start every match last season

That is when he should have been sent to the gym, Fullarton obviously did not do that, he must have thought sitting on his arse would gain him weight. If a player is too slight in build for the rigour of the physical challenge the gym and a change of diet is what is needed. Ronaldo the prime example.

Edited by Shaytrev
22 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

That is when he should have been sent to the gym, Fullarton obviously did not do that, he must have thought sitting on his arse would gain him weight. If a player is too slight in build for the rigour of the physical challenge the gym and a change of diet is what is needed. Ronaldo the prime example.

On a lesser level so was Lee Gregory.

24 minutes ago, Lammie said:

I spoke with Scott Phelan once. He said that Lee’s nickname was “muscles”. Lord Aspin believed that his bulking up affected his game and around this time this is why  Gregory was dropped for a few games I believe

Yet he went on to play in The Championship with Millwall.

9 hours ago, greygoose said:

Yes he's 23 and too tired in August after a summer lay off its not yet the middle of long cold winter. Is the Nat league played at such as high tempo that with his energetic game he can't last 90 minutes, or is he carrying an injury?