Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

Yeovil at Home

3 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

He didn't cost us the game. Yeovil were a better team all over the pitch 

It's pretty puking when people blame the ref......in more cases than not.....

2 hours ago, Shergar4 said:

Exactly this. Seem to have everything and how to manage a game to a T. Have to disagree with @Flea though, I thought we were awful from the start with only Ducky and Sam having good games. So many loose passes and miscontrols. 

Referee was shocking but with someone else in charge would have likely been the same result. How we react is crucial to where will end up this season. Hopefully a one game blip. 

What does Flea know about football?;)

2 hours ago, greygoose said:

Tbf Earing is not ready for this league yet, he probably needs a season in the National north. Think that might have béen the plan when JF signed him but he's been given a chance.

We need a ball playing midfielder in the mould of Collins, even with Maher and Staunton available this is still the case imo.

It’s weird, because he’s actually played a lot better in the away games than the home ones 

Having read all the posts about the game, it indicates to me how fair we are as a group of fans. Yeovil were very much better than us yesterday. They were huge men for the most esp the centre forward and centre halves and they used their size difference very well. The ref was an absolute cock. He had no idea what was going on. However, even if we had had a good ref I`m fairly certain that we wouldn`t have won. They were better than us yesterday full stop. 

Totally agree about Earing. There is a footballer in there but he needs to learn the game before he plys his trade in the conference.

Sam J was magnificent apart from the mistake for the 2nd goal. Shame that cos he demonstrated yesterday that he is one of the best 2 in the league.

Clarke had an indifferent game for a guy with his high standards. It happens and we know that he will be back next week firing on all cylinders.

JBW was left isolated for much of the game. I`m not criticising Jeff King but it is tough to keep a marauding full back out when they come from so deep and so quickly. In fairness JBW did OK.

Jamie Allen could be the real deal however he does seem to want to beat the full back or whoever a couple of times before getting his cross in. However I personally think he is a find!

Yeovil are 16/1 to gain promotion. I am going to have a couple of quid each way. I thought that they were a good team. They were a horrible team cos of their antics but when they played they were good!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, greygoose said:

Tbf Earing is not ready for this league yet, he probably needs a season in the National north. Think that might have béen the plan when JF signed him but he's been given a chance.

I think it would have been more likely JF would have started and played Earing every minute of every game and ran him into the ground. 

I'm not convinced at all that JF knows how to use a squad or how to maintain good fitness/performance levels in his players as his lack of subs and rotation in his time with us never indicated he was on top of that. 

1 hour ago, Flea said:

I think it would have been more likely JF would have started and played Earing every minute of every game and ran him into the ground. 

I'm not convinced at all that JF knows how to use a squad or how to maintain good fitness/performance levels in his players as his lack of subs and rotation in his time with us never indicated he was on top of that. 

He would have brought in Lenighan to cover the injured Maher

We were poor admitidly but it wasn't like we made them look good, at times it was men against boys they were stonger both physically and mentally, and they wanted it more, the ref seemed like he was afraid to take hold of the game which also didn't help. We have been great so far this season but I think Yeovil have found there stride and most teams will struggle against that physicality going forward.

12 hours ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

It's pretty puking when people blame the ref......in more cases than not.....

ref was dire,but we were outplayed on the day by a better more organised team,nuff said

I don't think anyone on here has blamed the ref. We were beaten by the better team. Stop imagining things. Everyone agrees!! 

(ref was utter ***** though) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Luke said:

It’s weird, because he’s actually played a lot better in the away games than the home ones 

I thought he struggled at Chesterfield personally, maybe the scoreline masked it somewhat. He's got ability no doubt but he's 20 and only had about 5 games on loan at Curzon and at times it shows. One for the future but i feel a loan spell would benefit him.

Just watched the highlights.

End to end game, 2 good sides. They took their chances and we didn’t.

We have nothing to fear at Notts County on Saturday

• Like 1

No qualms we were beaten by the better side on the day. They had dine their homwork on us and pressed and hassled us like we have been doing to teams this sesson .They bossed midfield and stopped us doing the good things we have shown this season by fair means or foul; aided by another frustratingly inconsistent ref. Learn from this and bounce back at Notts County.

19 hours ago, Flea said:

I don't think we were awful today, however Yeovil were better. They were very cute in their niggly fouls that stopped any sort of passing game for us. I do believe we set out with the right idea and were trying to do what we have been doing all season however we just couldn't click into gear, we didn't get the bounce or run of the ball and it was just one of those days where we were just not at the races 100%.

Yeovil on an attacking front are a decent unit tbf. They are also a very clever side in playing the ref and doing the "sportsmanship" side of the game. Their number 10 continually blocking free kicks from being taken, TSS continually being climbed on, kicks off the ball, shirt grabbing, trips, winding the clock down by going down injured all the time, etc... they had it worked out brilliantly. 

Ref was simply atrocious. 

No need to panic or worry though. Great start to the season, we will have games like this from time to time, however we are still performing well overall. Second best today however I felt the team tried well enough, kept plowing on and were doing the right things without getting the payoff. I can accept that occasionally it won't work. Bounce back next week hopefully. 

Spot on

Yeovil were a much better side than us quite simply. They will be up there at the end of the season. We move on to the next game. 

One of those games which leaves a bad taste in your mouth,Yeovil had 16 fouls plus the 8 that he did not give and such a pity Matty was injured when I think the bully boys would have met their match.

59 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

For all the budget moaners top of the league Woking PT and according to BT the lowest budget in the league.

Obviously overachievers?

On 9/6/2019 at 5:25 PM, Icke's Lizard said:

I'm up for this game tomorrow and shall be bringing my mate who hasn't seen us win yet so hopefully she won't be a bad omen. 

Don't bring her again please;)

2 hours ago, steve lumb said:

Don't bring her again please;)

She even said that! She's a jinx. 

Ive said come down coz we're playing good footy and the atmosphere is good, everytime it goes wrong! 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:58 PM, Macam blue said:

Rather chilly day in Halifax. anything above 2200 is a definite plus today. I doubt Yeovil will bring above 150. If we get a good result it will be 25 points out of a possible 30.

Most of us thought this would be the minimum amount of games on which to judge how we are progressing.

I doubt Woking will get much from the BT televised game at Hartlepool this evening, I think we played the Monkey Hangers at the right time, as they are hitting form & will be well up for it at home.

A win for us could leave us sitting pretty with a clear 3 points come 10pm tonight.

Come on Shaymen, make us proud.

When will I learn to keep my big mouth shut :wacko:

A good game for the neutral, Yeovil were very strong & did a lot of professional fouling to nullify our play. Our two wide men in King & Allen had good games & had the beating of the defence all game if it wasn't for the pull backs when through.

Not criticising (how can you after our start to the season) but the biggest change we should have made was to forget the high ball up to Tobi & play it lower, for him to turn the big centre halves to allow his pace to get him in behind. It was too easy for them to bully him in the air & that is not his strength.

Anyway 7 wins from 10 I will take all day long. Dust ourselves down & go again. 

Disappointing to hear some boo's on the final whistle. Probably aimed at the officials, but should not have been heard whilst our players acknowledged the fans.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Disappointing to hear some boo's on the final whistle. Probably aimed at the officials, but should not have been heard whilst our players acknowledged the fans.

I left in like the 88th minute and didn’t stay till the whistle. 

However the boos will have certainly been for the officials and not the players. I don’t see a problem with this either as he was utter garbage. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

For all the budget moaners top of the league Woking PT and according to BT the lowest budget in the league.

Liked at first Steve but after thinking more about it, hard to believe they have the lowest budget in the league being a Southern Club, I bet their wage bill is much, much higher than ours and many others. 

22 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Liked at first Steve but after thinking more about it, hard to believe they have the lowest budget in the league being a Southern Club, I bet their wage bill is much, much higher than ours and many others. 

See your point there Trev and have to agree.

• Like 1