Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

Yeovil at Home

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Town seem to have had a poor ref in every game but 2, so far. The female ref sounds like the standout performer.

He was James Hermuzi bad today.

• Sad 1

I agree, Yeovil were really good up front, prabably the best we will see all season. So credit where credit is due.

However, they were equally as good at gamesmanship and completely controlled the referee. 

The refs ineptitude was clearly demonstrated when he asked our player to leave the pitch after treatment when their player had been booked. He didn't know the new rule.

Hopefully this is a blip. 

To be honest it wasnt just the ref, he didnt get help from his assistant's either. A blatant foul infront of the east stand,linesman looking straight at it, not given, their defenders hand on top of tobi's head, very poor. Thought he was very inconsistent, JBW takes on their player who pulls him back,no card, 30 seconds later earing fouls their lad, yellow card.

It seems Stockport had a day like ours today, well beaten at Chorley. Some of their supporters saying after the amount of games they have had in the last 30 odd  days it  means  tiredness has been a factor but after some great results they are not complaining too much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Throwing this out there. Yeovil look very much fully equipped to win the league. Solid, strong, physical and carry a big threat in the attacking 3rd 

Exactly this. Seem to have everything and how to manage a game to a T. Have to disagree with @Flea though, I thought we were awful from the start with only Ducky and Sam having good games. So many loose passes and miscontrols. 

Referee was shocking but with someone else in charge would have likely been the same result. How we react is crucial to where will end up this season. Hopefully a one game blip. 

Yeovil one of my tips before the season, a very experienced spine of the team.

The next month will be tough without Browny and your 2 main players in the DM roles. Pick as many points up as we can and then push on when we are back to a full compliment of players.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Well, Barnet, Barrow, Dagenham and Maidenhead managed to beat them. Not world beaters are they? 

Early days. Teams were and are still finding their feet. 

I think it would have been a different story with a full strength side out. Still a close encounter but with Matty Brown on the pitch I think Town would have edged it.

Edited by Erik Everhard

Football is bizarre enough for us to win down at their place later in the season .They outplayed us but we weren't at the races and there wasn't that much between the two teams . I won't be pulling my pyramids of emotion out of the toybox just yet

• Like 1

We did hit the woodwork 3 times. Goals change games. Their first goal gave them a real boost.

A very good side, but Allan had the beating of their left back all afternoon. Our weakness was central midfield. Earring and Cameron not strong enough and therefore not influencing the game.

We did start the game without our leading scorer.A surprise move which if JF had done so last season by half time a scaffold would been erected for his half time hanging.

27 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Clarkey should have put us 1-0 up inside the first minute, free header that he got all wrong.

He got a lot wrong today. 

Two very good goalkeepers, ours the best in the league and theirs two outstanding saves tipping a shot over the bar when 1 nil down and a header late on that I was up already celebrating.

As for the ref, probably the poorest I’ve seen here for years, but partly as I thought the tackle from I think King in the first half was a red ( just being honest) to which the ref played on and only stopped after a minute of play or so, not even a foul.

Earing had no presence today, see him more as a 10 and not a centre mid. Accept Liam Mc might have been tired but their changing room would have had a massive boost reading that, we just had no balance to play off Silva who going back to the ref, was being fouled continuously.

As for the liner under the main stand, complete coward when it came to decisions under his own nose.

Just checked still 7 points clear of 8th do nothing lost. Bad day at the office but we’re never going to win every game and if when we lose results go our way happy days. Onwards and upwards 

5 hours ago, FCHT1993 said:

let’s just forget about today. Yeovil deserved to win let me say that first but the referee was absolutely woeful! Honestly I’ve never seen so much shirt pulling go unpunished in my life and we should’ve been given at least 2 penalties.

Lets not all be negative it’s only 1 defeat. Also Yeovil were embarrassing in their play acting all game and it’s just pathetic. Stuff like that needs getting rid 

…...I've seen Jostein Flo in these situations many years ago…...and given up) strikers get next to NOTHING in these situations…..unfortunately.

52 minutes ago, Oscar Mc said:

Two very good goalkeepers, ours the best in the league and theirs two outstanding saves tipping a shot over the bar when 1 nil down and a header late on that I was up already celebrating.

As for the ref, probably the poorest I’ve seen here for years, but partly as I thought the tackle from I think King in the first half was a red ( just being honest) to which the ref played on and only stopped after a minute of play or so, not even a foul.

Earing had no presence today, see him more as a 10 and not a centre mid. Accept Liam Mc might have been tired but their changing room would have had a massive boost reading that, we just had no balance to play off Silva who going back to the ref, was being fouled continuously.

As for the liner under the main stand, complete coward when it came to decisions under his own nose.

Tbf Earing is not ready for this league yet, he probably needs a season in the National north. Think that might have béen the plan when JF signed him but he's been given a chance.

We need a ball playing midfielder in the mould of Collins, even with Maher and Staunton available this is still the case imo.

1 hour ago, steve lumb said:

143 season ticket holders of other clubs took advantage of the offer today, shame about the result

So number of Town fans down. Yea sure. Those faulty turnstiles again.