Erik Everhard

Town v Solihull

If a loan player not brought in (which I do not think PW will panic about) I believe Staunton will be CB with Jeff King in front of them (in his own words that his favourite position).

McAlinden hopefully seems to have found his home not really done a great deal before with other clubs maybe our next Lee Gregory. Keep scoring and his confidence will just grow and grow.

Mr. Macam the first fan on her to say we would do well this season was me not you as I put so as soon as ST prices announced because I said we had no choice we have to do well.:D

12 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Our odds have really tumbled with this start. We are 14/1 to win the league (from 40/1) the same price to finish in the bottom four (from 3/1), 15/2 to be promoted and only 6/5 to finish in the top seven.

6/5 to finish in top 7 looks tempting 

12 hours ago, Macam blue said:

BT Sport highlights didn't give us any credit whatsoever, anyone would have thought it was a smash & grab by us. I will agree that their disallowed goal did look onside, Lino probably unsighted to see Staunton in centre of goal playing him on side by a small margin. However, we deservedly won, playing the better football & creating the majority of the clear cut chances. Shame about Brown getting injured, he looked gutted, but we have enough quality cover in Staunton, Hanson & Duckworth, who despite his disadvantage in height is a very good header of the ball.

Solihull Manager was right in his assessment of the game, they deserved nothing.

Whilst it was an excellent win I think you're being a bit one sided in your view of the game. 

Had they got a point I don't think it would have been undeserved on their 2nd half performance.

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

If a loan player not brought in (which I do not think PW will panic about) I believe Staunton will be CB with Jeff King in front of them (in his own words that his favourite position).

McAlinden hopefully seems to have found his home not really done a great deal before with other clubs maybe our next Lee Gregory. Keep scoring and his confidence will just grow and grow.

Mr. Macam the first fan on her to say we would do well this season was me not you as I put so as soon as ST prices announced because I said we had no choice we have to do well.:D

Mr Lanzarote. I will bow to you on what you say, I do remember you saying we would do well, however, I was the first to sign the thread on where we would finish :):P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Whilst it was an excellent win I think you're being a bit one sided in your view of the game. 

Had they got a point I don't think it would have been undeserved on their 2nd half performance.

Hi Norm. Of course I am a little bit one sided in my views, I support the Shaymen. :)

But throughout most of the game we were the team that showed the better defensive qualities & were the Team who attacked with more threat. I will concede that Solihull had us under the cosh for about 10 mins after they made their 2 substitutions & scored + when we lost Captain Marvellous. But after we hade reorganised, we returned to being the Team with the better attacking threat. They did score a legitimate goal that was disallowed, but if the officials had seen the several occasions that Tojo was being blatantly wrestled off the ball, we may have scored more.

I still maintain that over the 90+ mins, we deserved the win.

• Like 1

Both mcallinden and big sam in team of the week. Why sam i dont know as he wasnt the main reason between us winning, 1 good save then all the others were comfortable saves. Again it not goving us credit ,makes it look like solihull battered us and if not for sam we would have lost #undertheradar

• Like 3

Just now, choppiebinkie said:

Both mcallinden and big sam in team of the week. Why sam i dont know as he wasnt the main reason between us winning, 1 good save then all the others were comfortable saves. Again it not goving us credit ,makes it look like solihull battered us and if not for sam we would have lost #undertheradar

Agreed Choppiebinkie, Big Sam didn't have a lot to do, but what he did do was good. If you watch the highlights on BT, you will see (particularly Woking game) the goalkeeping was horrendous & if Sam had been in Goal, several of the Teams who lost would not have done.

10 minutes ago, choppiebinkie said:

I was going to buy it but I won't bother if it's a poor write up 

Thanks for the heads up 

28 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Hi Norm. Of course I am a little bit one sided in my views, I support the Shaymen. :)

But throughout most of the game we were the team that showed the better defensive qualities & were the Team who attacked with more threat. I will concede that Solihull had us under the cosh for about 10 mins after they made their 2 substitutions & scored + when we lost Captain Marvellous. But after we hade reorganised, we returned to being the Team with the better attacking threat. They did score a legitimate goal that was disallowed, but if the officials had seen the several occasions that Tojo was being blatantly wrestled off the ball, we may have scored more.

I still maintain that over the 90+ mins, we deserved the win.

This was the view of the Solihull commentator. Even after Brown went off he had to remark on how strong our defence was.

9 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

This was the view of the Solihull commentator. Even after Brown went off he had to remark on how strong our defence was.

Infact their comms was probably the least biased I have heard he thought Osbourne should have had a yellow and many fouls given both ways mistified them especially the one involving Tobi at the end of the game.

15 hours ago, ysb said:

lets not get carried away,I say  do get carried away fella,we are where we are and deserve to be where we are because we have earned that position and respect, we were the underdogs pre season and no one gave this club any bloody chance whatsoever,all talk of the fav's and who gonna be in the play off's, never giving us a mention or a thought. Well now they are ALL taking notice,why, because this team is producing the goods when it matters and teams are now realising what we are capable of.Well i'm putting my cards on the table,right here right now and saying this is one of the best chances for promotion we have had in a long while and i see it as not through any play off's either.This team is capable for sure and i have high hopes this season.

I would just love it if you are right, just love it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

Yes Oli. Solihull Manager also, gave a very good interview after the highlights on BT, when asked about the disallowed goal he didn't criticise the decision by the linesman, only said that his team didn't deserve anything out of the game. An honest view, I like him. Why Pete Wild didn't get an interview? perhaps that he isn't a big name or doesn't dress up for the cameras :P. Poor by BT, no credit given to the team who are 2nd in the league & the best team in it as well.

Not biased, just true. :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Ok Kev, come off the fence :P

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lammie said:

Enjoyable game. We should have gone three up and instead, seconds later it’s 2-1.Clarke my mom, solid throughout but particularly after Browny went off.

I agree with Clarke m o m  he had a very good game and he seemed to grow another 6 inch when browny went of, another good all round team performance long may it continue up the shaymen.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

me too mate

We were all over them in the first half.  Rode our luck and had to dig deep in the second half when they were running at us and moving the ball about . I'd just shade TSS as my man of the match . 

20 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We were all over them in the first half.  Rode our luck and had to dig deep in the second half when they were running at us and moving the ball about . I'd just shade TSS as my man of the match . 

I'd say Tobi had a bigger impact on our attacking play than there big guy had. For the size of Blissett be really was ineffective in all the critical parts of the pitch 

6 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Surprised to read that as several webpages describe him as an "attacking midfielder.He can also cover the centre forward position." Think they're quoting the Droylsden website.

9 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Surprised to read that as several webpages describe him as an "attacking midfielder.He can also cover the centre forward position." Think they're quoting the Droylsden website.

Just remember an interview saying he loved playing holding MF just in front of CBs as he likes to get stuck in and tackle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Just remember an interview saying he loved playing holding MF just in front of CBs as he likes to get stuck in and tackle.

Not really seen that side from him if I have to be honest. Wouldn’t be comfortable with him in the holding position 

17 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

If he can do both then what a player we've signed.

I remember reading it too Steve and I actually thought he was a DM.

Thought I had been nicked again on the M62 leaving J21 up to J22 when a Police car with lights flashing pulled up along side of me then indicating to get behind him, imagine my delight when I was asked to assist him with a convoy with myself slowing the traffic on the first two lanes, don't know what was going on but it said delays up to an hour from J22/24 but when I came up to J22 I wound the window down and asked if Rubber Duck could depart as I was going to Halifax for a game, ok and thanks but what was going yesterday to cause such a long delay.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

The amount of Town related posting is quite low as there's absolutely nothing to complain about. At what point do we become promotion candidates with a sense of entitlement that raises the bar for 'bloody rubbish' and 'not good enough Town!'?

But don't forget we will still have to suffer at least one on here gleefully informing us in Jan/Feb that we have 50 points and have avoided relegation. Yay!!!

Like we will go pieces and be in a relegation scrap.

A prize for the first Dingbat to post...