Sign in to follow this  
Pliny Harris

Niall Maher and Josh Macdonald

Glad J Mac is back. Maher will be a huge blow but time for Nolan to kick on. 

Or go into the loan market and get A Defensive midfielder. 

Why do our injuries always run into double figure weeks minimum, can't we just have a few minor knocks of a week or two:huh:

Edited by Roy Race
  • Sad 1

I feared the worst for Maher when news came out he was waiting for a scan.

Its got all the hallmarks of Tomlinson last year - both players started the season in superb form, before getting what looked (at the time) to be a minor knock.

Lets hope that this season Maher's return is a lot sooner, the problem gets cleared up straight away and he can slot back into the side. I feel we have missed him in the last two games. 

What a change in tone 

so many last year were so Critical of him and wanted him let go 

glad to see some are waking up to what a good player he is 

nick 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flea said:

Its got all the hallmarks of Tomlinson last year - both players started the season in superb form, before getting what looked (at the time) to be a minor knock.

Lets hope that this season Maher's return is a lot sooner, the problem gets cleared up straight away and he can slot back into the side. I feel we have missed him in the last two games. 

I nearly posted the other day that we are due some luck with injuries this season.

Edited by Erik Everhard

His distribution is still dreadful which is why you need good footballers around him, his job is to break up play and protect the defence . A lot of people don't appreciate defensive midfielders

3 hours ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Maher loss is massive - hope we find a way of linking defence and attack without him

I'd be tempted to give Earing a run out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flea said:

Bad news indeed, why does this keep happening to us?? Player in form, starts well and gets crocked. But its really important that he's not rushed back as Tomlinson was, get him properly fit and eased back in. Hell, we lost Martin Riley for basically a full season to what appeared to be an innocuous challenge. Only good news is that Josh Macs hopefully back. If he's on the bench on Saturday that will be fantastic. Great to see him back if he gets on the pitch.