Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Courier

Could of video articles on the courier site 

add to that the captains column and just generally more articles ..this is great to see ..

is this the courier upping their game 

or is the club giving them access 

cant help but think this is the manager engaging more and giving the courier the access it has wanted 

either way its good for the club and good for the courier

well done to both

nick  

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/football/fc-halifax-town-we-ve-got-a-mutual-respect-between-the-staff-and-the-players-pete-wild-on-his-first-month-in-charge-at-the-shay-1-9947102

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/football/video-fc-halifax-town-boss-pete-wild-issues-injury-update-1-9946395

Edited by Nick
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nick said:

is this the courier upping their game 

or is the club giving them access 

cant help but think this is the manager engaging more and giving the courier the access it has wanted 

Maybe a bit of both. We certainly seem to have a very media friendly manager - probably appreciates how important being honest and open is - but it certainly is a huge improvement.

• Like 3

It really is 

I might even start subscribing now to the shayplayer as it should get better coverage and I have just subscribed to a UK VPN so I should be able to get the uk price rather than the more expensive international price 

all in all feeling better about the club than I have since the early glue league years 

nick 

10 minutes ago, dj funky said:

You see what is happening now Nick starting to agree with you about the club but I was right about last season.

Read back through my postings 

I have always been critical as to the communications from the club 

I don’t believe they should comment on some of the wild speculations that occur on here 

I just feel a steady flow of information is necessary.... that will not stop some complaining like those who missed the season ticket deadline..even though that was well publicised 

however on the comms side the club have been poor... now hopefully that will improve 

nick 

The last manager simply refused to communicate, not just with the fans and media, but with other people within the club. Our own media team couldn't get an interview off him or the players ffs - and were continually kept in the dark.

I've not hidden the fact that I am not a huge fan of the Courier, as I often find their content to be full of errors, or simply not probing enough (like their praising of Tony Abbott and simple refusing to question his motives/business for example), however I can't in all fairness hold them responsible for the lack of content in the last two years.

So far this season we seem to be heading back into a good communication circle and whilst not my favourites, I do welcome the Courier to try a bit more. 

These days when it comes to news you really do get what you pay for ... the courier does not charge it makes money through advertising and that means it can’t afford a lot on journalism.. hence the poor quality 

they need to get their stories for “free” to make a living..

ask yourself how often do you pay for your news .. probably a lot less today than a decade ago 

while the internet gives access to free news .. it gives access to a lot of poor quality  

The traditional newspaper itself is dying on its arse. 

I know we send back more than we sell every single week. I believe we get sent a shipment of around 500 papers to be sold each week and our actual sales are around 80-100. That to me speaks volumes about how little people want the hard copy of the paper, when you consider that its the equivalent of selling 15 a day tops. 

Think Tom does a great job at the courier. His articles are in depth and he gets the content fans want to read.

Coverage at the moment is top notch , long may it continue.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bubba said:

Maybe a bit of both. We certainly seem to have a very media friendly manager - probably appreciates how important being honest and open is - but it certainly is a huge improvement.

I noticed an upturn under JF. 3 things came to mind. Our manager stopped giving interviews and the second thing was I would served if a member of the Courier team had read all the negative comments about the Courier's website.

18 hours ago, Flea said:

I've not hidden the fact that I am not a huge fan of the Courier, as I often find their content to be full of errors, or simply not probing enough (like their praising of Tony Abbott and simple refusing to question his motives/business for example), however I can't in all fairness hold them responsible for the lack of content in the last two years.

I think generally we are lucky with the Courier. Other clubs in our division might have a match preview and then a match report in their local rag with very little in between but I think the Courier has always been good in their support of both FCHT and HRLFC. I also find Tom to be overall a very good read.

The Courier's lack of any 'investigation' into Tony Abbott came as little surprise. Going back previous, it was always SOL that dug the dirt on Jim Brown and the Courier once apologised over the phone when they ran a story, claiming it to be an exclusive, when in fact it was a SOL story which was the source of their article.

I had many spats with the editor at the time about their lack of interest in the potential purchase of the Shay by Tony Abbott. Their position was a total disgrace though obviously it was down to 'personal' relationships rather than how newsworthy the issue was.

The best one was when Hoddie did a story about Lego looking to invest in HTAFC (or something along those lines). The Non-League Newspaper ran it in their Sunday edition when it was blatantly obvious it was a spoof.

• Like 1