1. 1. Where will we finish?

• Champions (1st)
    • Play-offs (2nd to 7th)
    • Just miss out (8th to 10th)
    • Mid-table (11th to 17th)
    • Too close for comfort (18th to 20th)
    • Relegated (21st to 24th)

3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Horrendous signing extending contract lunacy, fans never forgave JF for it.

Keep the faith monk we will make playoffs, there should still be money for one more signing. 

You’d hope there’s a lot of money left for a signing. Not been a signing where you think “he’ll be on decent money” maybe Allen that’s it. 

Edited by TJAshton

7 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Horrendous signing extending contract lunacy, fans never forgave JF for it.

Keep the faith monk we will make playoffs, there should still be money for one more signing. 

Quite a few weren't bothered…..which was a huge disappointment.

6 hours ago, Hoddie said:

It is very early to make a prediction but for those who've seen all five games, the differences between now and last season must already be somewhat apparent. We'll revisit again after a few more games I'm sure.

Take heed from Hoddie…..he's writing it's very early to make a prediction…...some would write too soon…..

4 hours ago, greygoose said:

The current is not any stronger than it was last season but we do have a manager who i have a bit more faith in. If we can add 2/3 the a play off push is possible but with the current squad its not imo.

Final position 17th

I'd change not possible with…..very unlikely.

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

It would be a good idea to hold this poll again at different parts of the season.

Most accurate one will be at the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Play offs at the least or why bother?

100% agree,I never understand any supporter in any division being happy with anything less than challenging for promotion/Title

• Like 1

Bosomworth showed ambition in providing funds to purchase Vardy but hasn't shown the same since. I thought Rodney looked the part with potential to play at a higher level but could have been a flash in the pan. It would be good to see a last throw of the dice from DB before the money from transfers runs out and he leaves but it's a gamble I don't think he will take. Without a quality striker signing it's mid-table for me.

Big difference between Vardy and Rodney is we paid a small 5 figure sum and wages of 200quid a week.

We’d probably have to pay something similar for Rodney at least plus he would be on 5 times that a week

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ash said:

Big difference between Vardy and Rodney is we paid a small 5 figure sum and wages of 200quid a week.

We’d probably have to pay something similar for Rodney at least plus he would be on 5 times that a week

Yes, quite so. We are at a relatively higher level now so it will cost more if you want to progress but unfortunately it means taking bigger risks which the club / director are averse to so the chances of moving upward are reduced accordingly. I just think DB might regret not giving it one last real go when he looks back on his time at the helm.

2 hours ago, GLPFCHT said:

100% agree,I never understand any supporter in any division being happy with anything less than challenging for promotion/Title

Big difference  between "being happy" and reality, 75% of teams in our league will not mount a serious challenge

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GLPFCHT said:

Some people are happy to have a few pints in the pub with their mates and have a football team to watch. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shay said:

Some people are happy to have a few pints in the pub with their mates and have a football team to watch. 

Then they should go up Saville park we want a successful team.

• Like 2

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Then they should go up Saville park we want a successful team.

So if we went up this year what would you expect next year? There’s got to be some realism? 

1 minute ago, Shay said:

So if we went up this year what would you expect next year? There’s got to be some realism? 

People often throw realism about when talking about winning football matches,it's football-not swimming the atlantic

1 minute ago, GLPFCHT said:

People often throw realism about when talking about winning football matches,it's football-not swimming the atlantic

So where did you expect Halifax to finish last season in our first season as a full time model up against money bags Salford?

4 minutes ago, Shay said:

Different kettle of fish when in the league, bring young players on and we get a much higher price but the standard is not that much higher, Look at Luton. We are currently in the worst division in the football pyramid expensive with little reward.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

We are currently in the worst division in the football pyramid expensive with little reward.

Agree with this 100%

Just now, Shay said:

So where did you expect Halifax to finish last season in our first season as a full time model up against money bags Salford?

I never EXPECT anything,as far as Salford go-not sure them throwing money about stops at players

14 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Different kettle of fish when in the league, bring young players on and we get a much higher price but the standard is not that much higher, Look at Luton. We are currently in the worst division in the football pyramid expensive with little reward.

Even if we turn into a yo yo club for a few years until we find out feet. 

We know what to expect in this league and we have a frugil chairman at the helm, and probably more importantly, an honest one. He'd be able to balance the books and keep the ship on its right course.

When you look at what's happened to Bury it's terrifying. When you have an honest chairman you need to keep him as long as possible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Even if we turn into a yo yo club for a few years until we find out feet. 

We know what to expect in this league and we have a frugil chairman at the helm, and probably more importantly, an honest one. He'd be able to balance the books and keep the ship on its right course.

When you look at what's happened to Bury it's terrifying. When you have an honest chairman you need to keep him as long as possible.

Spot on Erik. Poor Bury fans 

• Like 2

We won’t finish any worse than mid-table (10th -12th), but the difference between they and a play off place wont be that much, therefore I think we’ve every possibility to push for play-off place. We are still solid enough at the back, and finding the right balance going forward will come in time, and we need to remember that this manager seems a lot lot different to last seasons. I think there’s a proper player in Earing that is going to have a big say in this season, and there’s goals throughout the team were everyone can chip in, if either of our strikers can have a 15/20 goal season then the play-offs are a Distinct possibility, if not we may need to find one, but then a 15/20 goals a season goalscorer is what every club wants.   

You get what you pay for. Rodney could do things off the cuff,  look at his goal i think away at leyton orient, class, can you see sho silva scoring a goal like that? I cant. Im not saying rodney was amazing but it gave me more optimism seeing him up top than i get from seeing a slightly better Edwards that we have now. However wild hasn't been with us too long so im hoping he will continue to strengthen the squad how and when he can