Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Aldershot: today’s game

2 hours ago, francisfirth said:

First time I have logged in since the board crashed, a massive relief to find TNV is still blocked!

He isn't unfortunately. He keeps commenting on people's posts that have him on their ignore list.

6 hours ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

Why would we need Jon Stead?

Just an example. Of how we can’t even compete with little old Harrogate for signings 

9 hours ago, Shay said:

Our budget is nowhere near as much as other clubs. We are nowhere near the size of Wrexham for example. We can’t seem to attract a striker of Jon Stead’s calibre whereas Harrogate can 

Money does not buy everything, Last time I looked Wrexham & Harrogate were bellow us in the table and for once we have a manager who accepts that we played badly  came away with a draw and it was not good enough. We will be in the playoffs.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AndyStafford said:

Probably depends on what he expected originally

That's true.....Nothing surprises me with that "man".....That's why I look forward to his "books" every time;)

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Money does not buy everything, Last time I looked Wrexham & Harrogate were bellow us in the table and for once we have a manager who accepts that we played badly  came away with a draw and it was not good enough. We will be in the playoffs.

True. And I hope you’re right

9 hours ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

…..what? Pre-season turned out to be positive......against all odds? 

How was it positive? results don't count and we had to scramble together several signings. Games postponed aswell meaning we were a week behind other teams., Wild said so himself.

Winning the opening 3 games was inspite of pre season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Sorry to say Steve but I don’t think we will. We don’t have enough quality players. Agreed it is nice to have a manager who is straight to the point and said we were horrendous as it didn’t sound good yesterday. Atleast he can see that and wants to put it right 

were all our current players trialling with the club before Pete Wild was appointed?

Has Wild sourced any of the current players ?

I can't recall from the silent and unpredictable pre season happenings.

3 minutes ago, rdj said:

were all our current players trialling with the club before Pete Wild was appointed?

Has Wild sourced any of the current players ?

I can't recall from the silent and unpredictable pre season happenings.

Jeff King and Binnom are Wilds that’s it. 

15 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Sorry to say Steve but I don’t think we will. We don’t have enough quality players. Agreed it is nice to have a manager who is straight to the point and said we were horrendous as it didn’t sound good yesterday. Atleast he can see that and wants to put it right 

We will make the playoffs Tom.

7 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Jeff King and Binnom are Wilds that’s it. 

Thanks.  At least he has a lot more time to think about any future recruits / loans.

It doesn't matter who brought who into the club it's how the manager works with what he has got , some managers moan when things go wrong that it's not his squad , so far he must be happy with them .

7 minutes ago, monk said:

It doesn't matter who brought who into the club it's how the manager works with what he has got , some managers moan when things go wrong that it's not his squad , so far he must be happyQuote with them .

I think he will bed them in but still looking for that extra one.

19 hours ago, Nick said:

What was that wrestling on the line 

how is a penalty or a free kick not given 

Crucially though it dragged the man of the back post meaning Williams' header went straight in.

No players are looking bad at this stage and all of them seem to have a bit of a battle about them, and Cameron King's level up is like a whole new signing, even if he was sound enough last season.

The leading teams will have that extra depth in their squad though. If and when injuries and suspensions we'll definitely struggle.

3 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

Cameron King's level up is like a whole new signing, even if he was sound enough last season.

the trouble will be when teams attempt to mark him out of the game, which sounded like happened at Aldershot, then it needs someone else to step up with that extra sparkle

1 minute ago, rdj said:

the trouble will be when teams attempt to mark him out of the game, which sounded like happened at Aldershot, then it needs someone else to step up with that extra sparkle

Don't see anyone other than Earing to do the stepping up, J King not shown anything as yet & Nolan plays long passes from a central position, he's not a runner like C King, not sure we play formation to suit him.

Cameron King has a lot of potential but he’s still only a young lad. If he was the complete player he would be playing at a higher level. 

I just think there’s one position we are lacking and that’s a striker. 

Wingers are fine and J Mac will be back soon. 

Midfield is fine too it’s just up front. We need someone to get in behind with pace or to bring on fresh legs when TSS is tired. 

• Like 1

This will be the first time Pete Wild has had a week with the squad without a midweek game since taking charge. It will be a good rest for some of those who need it, but also let us work on a few things as a team without having to switch from one opposition to another. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I just think there’s one position we are lacking and that’s a striker. 

Wingers are fine and J Mac will be back soon. 

Midfield is fine too it’s just up front. We need someone to get in behind with pace or to bring on fresh legs when TSS is tired. 

Agreed