Sign in to follow this  
Janis

Fullerton

1 hour ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

When I saw this frustrating list above.....How can PW fail to be Top 2?

As good as Wild is, you don't genuinely think someone who's only managed five games is the second greatest manager we've had since reforming surely 

1 minute ago, Lewis said:

As good as Wild is, you don't genuinely think someone who's only managed five games is the second greatest manager we've had since reforming surely 

Never underestimate what goes through his head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Lewis said:

I'm sorry for not making it 100% clear.

I thought it was obvious what I meant…..after he's gone…...sometime in the future;)

Edited by TheNorwegianViking

9 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Never underestimate what goes through his head.

A suggestion to you, Erik:

…..try to see further than your nose....it might help in the future;)

15 hours ago, Greggs said:

I was one of the ones chanting Heath out. During thr 2nd season anyway. I don't regret it for a second. We were going down with him in charge. 

The happy clappers didn't like it because it wasn't supportive and productive apparently. They'd have had us in the Conference north their  way. 

There weren't many if any that wanted Heath to stay at the point he was dismissed. But there were people wanting the man fail, just so they could justify there chants for his head the previous season.

His football was very basic and hard to watch but at least it was honest and not dressed up as anything else.

JF brand of footbal was equally dire on the eye but he tried to put a complicated spin on it. Had Duku and Rodney not come along when they did we may well have been back playing national north football now.

There is no perfect manager for this club but having a likeable character is a start and something we now seem to have. Lets see where it takes us?

It would appear he is capable of handling out justifiable bollockings & the players having enough respect for him to respond, also a good attribute

Wow - if you were a Macc fan I wonder how you'd be feeling about that appointment??!?! And people accuse us of going for the cheap option!

On 8/19/2019 at 5:24 PM, Luke said:

I mean in the first season. It all got blown out of proportion about his “style of play”. Have we ever played good football consistently? It’s no more long ball than it was to Gregory under Aspin. People jumped on the bandwagon of “oh his football is just long ball”. So what? If it was, we’d be playing against Spennymoor Town et al had it not been for the promotion.

2nd season he struggled, and he would be the first to admit that. But my point is regarding the CN season and the chants that were unsubstantiated. Then the same people were telling us how fantastic Fullarton would be with his fast flowing football (you included Greggs). All this because the man had said so in an interview. Look how that turned out.

Genuine question @Shay, how can Heath be classed a failure, but Fullarton did well? Fullarton had a much bigger budget, better facilities than any manager since the new club and full time to work with said players. But was it really any better than what Heath put on show?

Heath took us up via the play offs. Fair play. But then we were heading straight down. Fullarton steadied the ship and then in the first season as a full time outfit comfortably kept us there. We will never know what this season would have brought 

On 8/19/2019 at 2:51 PM, Pliny Harris said:

Gonna have to debate you here, sorry. Fullarton is potentially above Vince, depending on how the Lenighan thing factors in :D

Agreed. JF should be miles ahead of Vince and Harvey above Heath 

4 minutes ago, Shay said:

Heath took us up via the play offs. Fair play. But then we were heading straight down. Fullarton steadied the ship and then in the first season as a full time outfit comfortably kept us there. We will never know what this season would have brought 

Would he have asked one of our defensive midfielders to push up and attack? 

I don't think JF would have changed much this season. Too conservative.

How can almost identical finishes be classed as a struggle one season and comfortable the following season ? We've had two seasons of near failure and little progress

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

How can almost identical finishes be classed as a struggle one season and comfortable the following season ? We've had two seasons of near failure and little progress

The first season was our first back in this league and with a part time squad. We were close to the relegation spots and then we pulled away to safety.

Last season was good at the beginning and the end. The inbetween bit left a lot to be desired.

All the managers we’ve had have brought something before failing and being remembered badly for it (Apart from Vince and Kelly).

Aspin guided us back to at least where we should be, with some great days out, great wins and great players, not to mention the titles, but ultimately lost the plot.

Harvey gave us Wembley, but ultimately only had to win one game and save us and lost it.

Heath did what he was brought into do, got us out of a division that he knew very well, but then looked out of his depth with the strep up.

Fullarton, although the football was turgid he has left us with a very good goalkeeper and defence, the players that played under him learnt how not to be beaten, but ultimately not how to win.

Wild? Well so far so good, he just needs to find the right attacking formula that would see us win more games and kick on.

From Vince to Wild most seasons have gone to the wire with us, come April we’ve still had something to play for whether good or bad, life certainly hasn’t been boring being a Halifax Town fan.

• Like 4

On 8/19/2019 at 9:07 PM, TheNorwegianViking said:

When I saw this frustrating list above.....How can PW fail to be Top 2?

He's not actually on the list at all. 

Only contains former managers is the reason why. 

On 8/20/2019 at 10:50 PM, Shay said:

Think we all know really, JF certainly did because he walked away, something he wouldn't have done had he been confident in improving our fortunes. Ok i conceed we don't actually know but it wasn't looking good was it? 

My opinion of last season was some good results early doors based on solid defence and numerous set piece goals put us in a false league position, people say what went wrong from there on in but the truth was nothing, we were never that good.

The following months showed this to be case as we went on a run that would have seen 95% of managers sacked, it was only at the point of  injurys to Tomlinson/Southwell meant that the likes of Hardy, Rodney & Duku came in to save the season. We then pulled away from danger and it looks like a comfortable mid table finish when in truth for half the season or more we were as poor as any one points wise.

6 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

He's not actually on the list at all. 

Only contains former managers is the reason why. 

I know;)…..my answer is meant when his time is up, how can he fail to be Top 2.....

After Fullarton's constant moaning, how refreshing it was to listen to John Coleman's comments, ahead of Accys game with Fylde, that budget was not an issue and team ethos etc were more important.

The constant droning on about the budget got on my tits. It's a ready-made excuse which poor managers are all to eager to use every time their shortcomings are revealed. The budget of course plays a part but at the end of the day, it's 11 v 11. If Town draw Chelsea in the cup and get bounced 8-0, the reason would be because Chelsea have world class players who brought their A-game. It's possible to say "they were better than us" without whining about how much more their club spends.

Funny how the same managers never say, "well, of course we beat them, our budget is considerably larger than theirs."

• Like 2