Sign in to follow this  
Janis

Fullerton

1 hour ago, Janis said:

Macklefield ?

If JF does get the Mac job he'll probably adopt a similar strategy to the one he employed at't Shay..

I don't think Macclesfield have any brass so if hasn't any decent forwards he'll pack the middle again.

If he does get it then good luck to him. He's left the club in a reasonably good position and he also signed King.

Reminds me of the rumours that Aspim was being interviewed for the Leebs job.

Edited by Pliny Harris
spelt a word wrong

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Good luck to the gent he is no longer with us, I bare no animosity to any past managers

Darren Kelly expressed his delight at Town being relegated,I'm not keen on him tbh lol

13 minutes ago, Shay said:

I think he would be a good appointment for Macc 

Now he's a free man you can be his agent! I'm sure the job will be worth more than flogging a few sheds ;)

2 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

Now he's a free man you can be his agent! I'm sure the job will be worth more than flogging a few sheds ;)

I wouldn’t want to be. I love my profession.  I work 60 hours plus a week and am bloody exceptional at what I do. But JF would do a good job at Macc I’m sure. 

Why would Macclesfield want him?

A dreadful stint at Notts County

A stint that won't live long in the memory here - however more damaging to JF's legacy will be leaving two weeks before the season started, plus the continual comments about a poor budget. 

I would imagine if he couldn't cut it with our budget, then he isn't going to be able to do much more with Maccelesfield's, who are financially in the brown stuff (Rumour is Campbell's departure is fuelled partly due to him not getting owed wages for example).

I rate JF as a coach, however his CV as a manager is appalling. I think if he goes back into Management he will be very lucky to find a club higher than EvoStik Prem that would take a punt on him now. He's simply damaged stock at this stage. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Flea said:

A stint that won't live long in the memory here - however more damaging to JF's legacy will be leaving two weeks before the season started, plus the continual comments about a poor budget. 

I would imagine if he couldn't cut it with our budget, then he isn't going to be able to do much more with Maccelesfield's, who are financially in the brown stuff (Rumour is Campbell's departure is fuelled partly due to him not getting owed wages for example).

I rate JF as a coach, however his CV as a manager is appalling. I think if he goes back into Management he will be very lucky to find a club higher than EvoStik Prem that would take a punt on him now. He's simply damaged stock at this stage. 

His CV as a manager can be spun in a positive way. 

Notts County were a basket case etc.

I went into Halifax as caretaker manager and turned the club round and avoided relegation and was then handed the job full time.

One of the smallest budgets in the league but finished 16th and also got to the second round of the FA Cup.

Was let down by a number of targets due to budget which was one of the lowest and felt that it was only fair to step aside and give Halifax a chance of finding a manager who could carry on with the foundations I'd laid during my time there and someone who could perhaps take them in a different direction.

Etc etc etc.

New employers won't go into the finer details ie what our budget was.

I said on here I thought he might walk away and keep his CV looking ok rather than have another failure and two sackings on it.

My guess was right.

Edited by Erik Everhard

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

His CV as a manager can be spun in a positive way. 

Notts County were a basket case etc.

I went into Halifax as caretaker manager and turned the round and avoided relegation and was then handed the job full time.

One of the smallest budgets in the league but finished 16th and also got to the second round of the FA Cup.

Was let down by a number of targets due to budget which was one of the lowest and felt that it was only fair to step aside and give Halifax a chance of finding a manager who could carry on with the foundations I'd laid during my time there and someone who could perhaps take them in a different direction.

Etc etc etc.

New employers won't go into the finer details ie what our budget was.

I said on here I thought he might walk away and keep his CV looking ok rather than have another failure and two sackings on it.

My guess was right.

I suppose it depends how it is spun.

I also suppose it depends on how much potential employers take attention of "word on the street" about managers. From what I understand JF hasn't got a good reputation within player circles. I'm not just talking about the one's he has dealt with at this club, but ones from others too. If I was a chairman looking for a manager then JF wouldn't even register as being a tangible option to me unless I was being backed into a corner, or was at a club that wasn't high profile.

Time will tell I suppose but I feel if he goes back into football *As a manager* he will enter at a lower level of management than he has ever managed before. The only way I can see him at a FL or Conference Club within the next couple of months would be as a coach. 

I'd say the negatives outweighed the positives with his time with us. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Flea said:

I suppose it depends how it is spun.

I also suppose it depends on how much potential employers take attention of "word on the street" about managers. From what I understand JF hasn't got a good reputation within player circles. I'm not just talking about the one's he has dealt with at this club, but ones from others too. If I was a chairman looking for a manager then JF wouldn't even register as being a tangible option to me unless I was being backed into a corner, or was at a club that wasn't high profile.

Time will tell I suppose but I feel if he goes back into football *As a manager* he will enter at a lower level of management than he has ever managed before. The only way I can see him at a FL or Conference Club within the next couple of months would be as a coach. 

I'd say the negatives outweighed the positives with his time with us. 

…..hardly difficult to come to that conclusion?

16 hours ago, Flea said:

You could also argue why Macclesfield wouldn’t want him. Did a decent job with us. No more no less. There are far worse managers out there 

6 hours ago, Shay said:

You could also argue why Macclesfield wouldn’t want him. Did a decent job with us. No more no less. There are far worse managers out there 

Poor football, poor man management, an absolute pain to deal with. Only positive is his career is in a spiral and he has nothing to lose

• Like 1

Just now, Luke said:

Poor football, poor man management, an absolute pain to deal with. Only positive is his career is in a spiral and he has nothing to lose

Luke. He kept us up after Heath was taking us down. First season as a full time outfit we comfortably stayed in this league. Don’t quite know what else you expected him to do? 

7 minutes ago, Shay said:

Luke. He kept us up after Heath was taking us down. First season as a full time outfit we comfortably stayed in this league. Don’t quite know what else you expected him to do? 

Bit of poetic license there. I think JF will concentrate on coaching.

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Bit of poetic license there. I think JF will concentrate on coaching.

Ha. Maybe. I’m not trying to start a massive argument but I do honesty think that the majority of this forum is completely out of touch with reality when it comes to football and expectations. Only my opinion of course.