Sign in to follow this  
shaymanrik

Fc Halifax Commentary

I clicked on Halifax website when we played Wrexham and the sound quality of our commentary was abysmal. So i then went to Wrexhams homepage and listened to their (biased) commentary instead which was as clear as a bell. Anyone else experience this. One of my friends had the same problem as well. 

8 hours ago, shaymanrik said:

I clicked on Halifax website when we played Wrexham and the sound quality of our commentary was abysmal. So i then went to Wrexhams homepage and listened to their (biased) commentary instead which was as clear as a bell. Anyone else experience this. One of my friends had the same problem as well. 

I brought this up earlier on another thread, what I don.t understand is both teams use the same platform so the mic and transformer must be crap. In the light of things these are not expensive to buy.

27 minutes ago, mjc12345 said:

Tell someone not this forum.

I have. Last season I believe it was hoped that the equipment was going to be upgrades but this does not appear to have happened.

From what I remember when I was part of the media team, an overly complicated system is used for commentary (like I don't remember too much but what they use somehow initiates a Skype call and I guess the commentary's recorded from the device that receives the call?). This is a system the board pay to maintain, and whilst I personally don't know the ins and outs of options for commentary I imagine there are much better and perhaps simpler alternatives that could be implemented without too much of an extra cost instead

Seem to remember that for away games it relies on using a available isdn lines and the home side get to use them which quite often means we can't because there aren't enough. I don't listen, is the home commentary ok?

1 hour ago, steve lumb said:

Seem to remember that for away games it relies on using a available isdn lines and the home side get to use them which quite often means we can't because there aren't enough. I don't listen, is the home commentary ok?

Both the same Steve that´s why I think it´s equipment.

Wrexham v Halifax Town

AUDIO COMMENTARY NEWS

AUDIO COMMENTARY

AUDIO COMMENTARY COVERAGE

POSTED BYFC HALIFAX TOWN
POSTED ONTHU 15 AUG 2019
POSTED INAUDIO COMMENTARY

The club has been made aware of some comments made with reference to our match-day commentary provision.

Our comms equipment was purchased when we were part of the FLi website deal which allowed us to use a sim card and provide commentary via a phone as the majority of Conference National clubs did not provide ISDN lines for visiting Clubs.

Since we moved to our new independent site, the commentary is provided with the same equipment but we have to commentate via the web rather than via a phone line. Therefore, we phone a SKYPE number and then use MIXLR to broadcast the SKYPE call. This relies on a reliable internet connection which depends on the ground we’re visiting. We constantly review our commentary service but unfortunately we can’t legislate for the the quality of internet at each individual ground.

'We realise that we won’t always please everyone but can assure you we’re doing our best with the resources available to us'

With greatest respect if you are offering a service for fans you should upgrade to better kit and not just be reliant on internet service providers at another ground. Shame for the fans who can't make it to an away game for whatever reason. 

20 minutes ago, shaymanrik said:

Wrexham v Halifax Town

AUDIO COMMENTARY NEWS

AUDIO COMMENTARY

AUDIO COMMENTARY COVERAGE

POSTED BYFC HALIFAX TOWN
POSTED ONTHU 15 AUG 2019
POSTED INAUDIO COMMENTARY

The club has been made aware of some comments made with reference to our match-day commentary provision.

Our comms equipment was purchased when we were part of the FLi website deal which allowed us to use a sim card and provide commentary via a phone as the majority of Conference National clubs did not provide ISDN lines for visiting Clubs.

Since we moved to our new independent site, the commentary is provided with the same equipment but we have to commentate via the web rather than via a phone line. Therefore, we phone a SKYPE number and then use MIXLR to broadcast the SKYPE call. This relies on a reliable internet connection which depends on the ground we’re visiting. We constantly review our commentary service but unfortunately we can’t legislate for the the quality of internet at each individual ground.

'We realise that we won’t always please everyone but can assure you we’re doing our best with the resources available to us'

With greatest respect if you are offering a service for fans you should upgrade to better kit and not just be reliant on internet service providers at another ground. Shame for the fans who can't make it to an away game for whatever reason. 

Time for Ben to work his magic and get a Calderdale company to sponsor the best gear to provide suitable audio equipment.

• Like 1

The problem with poor equipment is it does not look good for the youngsters learning their trade with the poor comments. Cost wise I don´t know but when I set up my 2 bars for music I always said the weakest link on stage should be the artist so I bought the best equipment I could (which I appreciate will be different outside) microphones cost me 5/6 hundred each and amp 750, the sound was brilliant. Speaker obv. on top of that but not required for the football.

Can't some sort of partnership be established with Phoenix FM ? MrB could launder some of his great wealth into the project and Sandal could also sponsor the necessary funding that would be required

29 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Two bars in Lanzo land, kept that quiet.

Thought you new dj. none now sold when ill then worked with animals to get myself better.

With you on that one Steve, my boys get you through the bad times when JF ruined last season but would have been nice for the last gig in Lanzo land.