Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
archietaylor7

Uncertain

Recommended Posts

Some Wrexham fans saying first half performance best in a few years !! And we still went in level 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duckworth’s been brilliant, but if our weakness is LB would it be worth switching him to that side and playing Hanson?

he seemed to do well at left back last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

Cant really agree with the first part of your thread Macam, yes, we've had a great start to the season and I am like all Town fans thrilled, BUT, the main issues are already identified and need to be addressed now. 10/15 games in is a third of the season and points dropped now cause all the problems later. We are only a couple of players short to enhance the squad but we need them sooner not later. And if we are serious about mounting any kind of challenge then it has to be done. We've dropped from 1st to 2nd in the table, something we've all witnessed before, how far do we want to drop before we fix the problem, last season we dropped to 19/20th before we got what we all knew we needed. Fix it now!!

Understand where you are coming from Archie.

Not suggesting for a minute that the Manager should wait 10-15 games before trying to address concerns, only that we, as fans should.

4 games in 9 point on the board is a good starting block but only that.

only 1 team have scored more goals than us & they are above us, no team has conceded fewer goals than us. After 4 games 2 players sent off fouling Toby in on goal, could he be on 3 goals? Time will tell if he becomes prolific, but from what I have seen, he is a handful. Just need to get someone near enough to capitalize on the chances created.

Seeing the many positive comments on the Oldham forum, Pete Wild appears to be the right fit for us & deserves time to see if the squad he inherited + the ones he brought in at short notice can live up to his/our expectations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

We are agreeing Shaymen, we just dont want to leave it to long before we get the players we need. We could start with Nathan Blisset or even his uncle Luther??

I think once Pete Wild decides the type of player we need up front and any other position he feels needs strengthening then he will act a lot quicker than JF did and will aim at realistic targets that will be rubber stamped by Mr B with little discussion. I think that Odi will be given a couple more chances before PW brings in a replacement and thankfully that won't take long. It certainly won't take til February like last season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think if we are holding our own Wild may be tempted to stick with what he has dependent upon who is available for permanent and loan moves . A solid foundation and a top half finish gives plenty to build on next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Think if we are holding our own Wild may be tempted to stick with what he has dependent upon who is available for permanent and loan moves . A solid foundation and a top half finish gives plenty to build on next season

If he thinks we have a solid foundation the time to build on it is now. Some of us oldies may not be around next season.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to squad concerns, I’m not sure why we didn’t sign Wyatt. He would have provided competition at left back and possibly could have been first choice. His stats at St Albans in one league below were very impressive and was a good age too.

I think we’ve got quantity but just lacking quality, particularly up front. I do worry that Wild is putting a lot of faith in Southwell to be the missing link. I like Sho-Silva but he seems like more of a provider than a goal scorer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AJS said:

In regards to squad concerns, I’m not sure why we didn’t sign Wyatt. He would have provided competition at left back and possibly could have been first choice. His stats at St Albans in one league below were very impressive and was a good age too.

I think we’ve got quantity but just lacking quality, particularly up front. I do worry that Wild is putting a lot of faith in Southwell to be the missing link. I like Sho-Silva but he seems like more of a provider than a goal scorer.

Completely agree, the better option in my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AJS said:

In regards to squad concerns, I’m not sure why we didn’t sign Wyatt. He would have provided competition at left back and possibly could have been first choice. His stats at St Albans in one league below were very impressive and was a good age too.

I think we’ve got quantity but just lacking quality, particularly up front. I do worry that Wild is putting a lot of faith in Southwell to be the missing link. I like Sho-Silva but he seems like more of a provider than a goal scorer.

Doubt we will sign another forward until PW has had a good look at Southwell & J Mac, we are now quite a large squad on our budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roy Race said:

Doubt we will sign another forward until PW has had a good look at Southwell & J Mac, we are now quite a large squad on our budget.

We are paying a wage with Odelusi, move him on and bring in AMF Player or forward also amazed we did not sign Wyatt he surely wanted to sign as he stuck around quite a while and had good games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

We are paying a wage with Odelusi, move him on and bring in AMF Player or forward also amazed we did not sign Wyatt he surely wanted to sign as he stuck around quite a while and had good games.

Don't disagree with any of your thoughts, Odelusi a strange one, would have thought we had better bench options but what do we know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Don't disagree with any of your thoughts, Odelusi a strange one, would have thought we had better bench options but what do we know.

Well we knew more than the last 2 managers!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

If he thinks we have a solid foundation the time to build on it is now. Some of us oldies may not be around next season.

Wild is still finding his feet in management but he also knows the importance a close knit squad

Hadn't realised your demise was so imminent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

If he thinks we have a solid foundation the time to build on it is now. Some of us oldies may not be around next season.

Bloody hell Steve, dont be croaking on us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I´ll still be here to torment you bl00dy lot:rolleyes:

Good on ya Steve but i would hate to be as old as you.  Must be terrible to wake up and see your teeth smiling at you from a glass.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 out of 12 points is a decent start,Tuesday night was not good enough,Cameron King and Sam Johnson had decent a decent game,Jamie Allen always looks dangerous on the ball,but sometimes ignores the easier ball to try and get a cross in,not the greatest corner taker either,But that said-good player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 6:41 PM, Shayfan92 said:

Duckworth’s been brilliant, but if our weakness is LB would it be worth switching him to that side and playing Hanson?

he seemed to do well at left back last season. 

I think PW will give JBW 10/15 games to see where he's at. It is still early days etc. If he's not up to speed then I think he'll bring another player in but it's always good to have the other option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...