Sign in to follow this  
ysb

Hope

These first eight games will be a good benchmark.

Can we get a result at Wrexham?

If not can we bounce back against Fylde?

Lots of questions that could be asked and big tests if we lose a game, in games that follow.

Wild will play each game as it comes, learning from mistakes but not dwelling on previous games and focusing on how to continually improve our play, create and convert chances. As well as defending as a team to close the opposition down and regain possession quickly.

Much better than last season so far. 

• Thanks 1

I think people need to be realistic here!

The last 2 games we have looked knackered the last half an hour and ridden our luck somewhat. There are teams that have far more resources than we do but our team works hard for each other, are solid at the back and attack with purpose.

i think nobody should get carried away with anything until April! Then we can see where we are.

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

I think people need to be realistic here!

The last 2 games we have looked knackered the last half an hour and ridden our luck somewhat. There are teams that have far more resources than we do but our team works hard for each other, are solid at the back and attack with purpose.

i think nobody should get carried away with anything until April! Then we can see where we are.

Not a case of getting carried away,just a case of prospects and thoughts and the possibility of what the season could bring ;-)

Interesting to hear the Dagenham management being berated by their fans yesterday, I dont know their history but it seems they dont have the confidence of the fans!

Yes 

Wrexham losing with ten men at Dover and a long trip back 

think they will be just as knackered as us on Tuesday 

Think we have to go for it on Tuesday and nothing makes me think we won’t.

We will certainly lose matches this season and have games we don’t play well but Pete Wild has been a breath of fresh air!

3 minutes ago, Ash said:

Think we have to go for it on Tuesday and nothing makes me think we won’t.

We will certainly lose matches this season and have games we don’t play well but Pete Wild has been a breath of fresh air!

Not seen a single pundit thats given us a chance,not seen one thats even mentioned us being in the race,so being under the rader aint a bad thing i think,just see how tue goes and then sat,and i hope as said in a previos thread that pete might be that gem at the helm

I still think if we finish 7th with this squad it would be an incredible achievement.

Even 10th and I'll give Wild a clap on the back.

Anything less after this start and I'd be a bit disappointed.

It’s August. 

Played 3 games. 

Last two seasons made the same sort of start but by October some of you were wanting the manager at the time sacked. 

Its a long season and lots can and will happen. Just try to enjoy the ride each season. I do. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

It’s August. 

Played 3 games. 

Last two seasons made the same sort of start but by October some of you were wanting the manager at the time sacked. 

Its a long season and lots can and will happen. Just try to enjoy the ride each season. I do. 

Ah but this season is different RoR I can feel it in my waters.:rolleyes:

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Riders of Rohan said:

It’s August. 

Played 3 games. 

Mainly because the manager at the time deserved sacking. As long as this manager sets up to win every game, he will have my support win lose or draw. The previous 2 managers were more interested in not losing than winning, 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Mainly because the manager at the time deserved sacking. As long as this manager sets up to win every game, he will have my support win lose or draw. The previous 2 managers were more interested in not losing than winning, 

Were setting up with an almost identical formation as JF did and getting players behind the ball when under pressure. I'm not moaning about it btw but its really not much different in set up.

The main difference so far is players are happy to play a bit aswell, something they appeared frightened to fo a times last year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ysb said:

Just wondering at what point folks will start to think ay up we are looking like contenders for champions here!. I know its early doors but I always like to think its possible  that it can happen, i remember 98 there was just something in the air that year. I always like to think positive,instead of thinking if we get a draw here i'd be happy, i think when we beat them, ya know. Is there something in the air, with this squad and the manager i feel something that has been lacking for a while. I like to think so,and i doubt its just me folks. I said we have been here before at this time in the season,BUT if we can push on this one time then the football league is defo an aim and a worthy prize for town. Better an optimist than a pessimist more so after tuesdays upcoming win :rolleyes:Ya thoughts? are you optimistic or is it to early to be counting chickens?

If we're still at or near the top by the end of August maybe.

52 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Were setting up with an almost identical formation as JF did and getting players behind the ball when under pressure. I'm not moaning about it btw but its really not much different in set up.

The main difference so far is players are happy to play a bit aswell, something they appeared frightened to fo a times last year.

We are playing away from the back. We are getting to strikers feet and allowing everyone to get up the pitch. Last season and the season before we were pinging it to someones head and wondering why it was coming back straight away 

• Like 1

Agree with WB. Would rather lose trying to win than draw, trying to draw. Suspect many of us feel this way. Early days but feel PW could be a breath of fresh air. BH was a likeable bloke but I just didn’t have confidence in him and though I initially had high hopes for JF I don’t think he got the mentality right. Team looked depressed before we got off the bus most of last season. Wonder if PW will bring back Helli?

4 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

It’s August. 

Played 3 games. 

To be fair, a lot of people were wanting both Heath and JF sacked even when we were top of the table...

28 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

To be fair, a lot of people were wanting both Heath and JF sacked even when we were top of the table...

No they were not.

• Like 1

Not getting carried away. We've had some luck so far and long may it continue. Early red card for ebbsfleet and keeper howler for kings goal. Hartlepool deflection hits bar and goes over. Dagenham player misses sitter, similar to sugden all them years ago away at burton! 

11 hours ago, riccardo259 said:

I will admit I would have sacked Heath after his first season, even after he gained promotion and it was obvious he was out of his depth in that first season. I did also state so at the time.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote