Sign in to follow this  
Shampoo

Bury

Sad reading on the BBC page about Bury, one fan quoting;

"I would never watch another football match if Bury went out of business. Whatever happens in your life, on Saturday afternoon, we always had the anchor of the club”

Just how I felt at the time we went to the wall, so feel for the fans.

wonder why Dale won’t sell seen as he only paid a pound for the club? Heard the talk sport interview with one of the Bury players last week, got quite heated and he did come across as ambivalent and bordering on arrogant and disinterested about the players circumstance.

As previous mentioned, I reckon the National league would have expelled Bury fc much sooner.

Edited by Grayski

1 hour ago, Grayski said:

Sad reading on the BBC page about Bury, one fan quoting;

"I would never watch another football match if Bury went out of business. Whatever happens in your life, on Saturday afternoon, we always had the anchor of the club”

Just how I felt at the time we went to the wall, so feel for the fans.

wonder why Dale won’t sell seen as he only paid a pound for the club? Heard the talk sport interview with one of the Bury players last week, got quite heated and he did come across as ambivalent and bordering on arrogant and disinterested about the players circumstance.

As previous mentioned, I reckon the National league would have expelled Bury fc much sooner.

EFL much more interested in promoting the FGR & Salford projects, publicity mileage far greater, a little similar to RL with Toronto etc. & leaving heartland clubs to sink or swim, TV & Sky money talks.

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2019 at 11:32 AM, shaykehands said:

Certainly given more slack than non-league.

Except for Chester who were allowed to struggle on for weeks in conference with barely a squad until the players refused to get on the coach for an away gane until they were paid, then the plug was pulled. We made things easy for them by going bust in the summer.

Always difficult for a league when these problems happen during the season, League has been waiting for the ower to come up with a credible plan for the future financing in order that the club can be viable, which he cannot do and the League has put tomorrow's deadline in place.

20 hours ago, greg45 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49438243

Sounds like they’ll just let them keep going and going until they find a new owner. What message does that send to other clubs as to whether they should bother following the rules?

As much as I feel sorry for the diehards etc, this can't really carry on much further, can it?

As you say Greg, it's making a mockery of the rules.

I would say you've got this game and then that's it. No new owner found then the club has to fold.

Even Halifax Town didn't have anything like this.

27 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Owner has asked the public to pledge 2.7 million by tonight to save the club, as the saying goes he has more front than woolworths.

The same public he shafted when he put the club into a CVA? 

Still 2 bidders apparently in the mix.

Hope they pull through, although it still annoys me it's being portrayed a national outcry just because they're at step 3 when many similar sized clubs at step 5 have been going bust almost on a bi-annual basis for a long long time. 

• Like 1

The problem that I see is that if somehow they can get rid of Dale and service the debt to avoid being kicked out, then what?

They are pretty much snookered for the rest of this season and would be making a return to L2 next season at best, with no players or money. They need someone to not only buy off the current shyster, but then settle the current debts and have money left to run the club...

And a few hours. It looks like they are dead in the water. 

1 hour ago, Flea said:

The problem that I see is that if somehow they can get rid of Dale and service the debt to avoid being kicked out, then what?

They are pretty much snookered for the rest of this season and would be making a return to L2 next season at best, with no players or money. They need someone to not only buy off the current shyster, but then settle the current debts and have money left to run the club...

And a few hours. It looks like they are dead in the water. 

And bearing all the above in mind

going bust is probably the best option...

• Like 1

I find the "latest news" from Bury's website a bit surprising:

Club News

Ticket Office Update

19 August 2019

Large

Bury FC Media

buryfcofficial

The Ticket Office will be closed for the next two days (Monday 19th August 2019 & Tuesday 20th August 2019).

It will reopen on Wednesday 21st of August 2019 at 9am.

We would like to apologise to supporters for any inconvenience this may cause. 

3 minutes ago, kit said:

I find the "latest news" from Bury's website a bit surprising:

Club News

Ticket Office Update

19 August 2019

Large

Bury FC Media

buryfcofficial

The Ticket Office will be closed for the next two days (Monday 19th August 2019 & Tuesday 20th August 2019).

It will reopen on Wednesday 21st of August 2019 at 9am.

We would like to apologise to supporters for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Probably the end town fans used to take more than any other in the 80’s , appears they have a buyer 

I've come back from Gigg Lane and it's felt emotional, even if all we've seen tonight is part of a key movement in the overall saga.

C&N Sporting Risk, this London-based consortium headed by Henry Newman and Rory Campbell, have apparently been in private talks since 7th June. While Dale claims their bid was accepted, their very brief statement danced around the point. Meanwhile the EFL claim to be continuing discussions with the "potential purchaser" in order to extend the deadline for Bury's position in the football league. A bid for the club has been reported to be £200k, while the EFL's news seems to imply Bury are reprieved tonight subject to an update in the morning/Tuesday/whenever, at which point an extension would be granted to hopefully sort out the club's continued existence to finally kick-off this season. So three hurdles of ultra-short-, short- and medium-term survival will have to be cleared.

Bury's MP has been on the case and is earning praise from the fans, so his tempered messages from tonight are important to keep in mind. James Frith MP tells us that he's been working with C&N for ten weeks discreetly, despite once having their cover blown by someone uninvolved in a takeover. He mentions that the deadline extension needs to be granted to deal with "[f]unds, agreement, due diligence and peace of mind", which are "practical priorities" that the EFL mustn't call time on.

Meanwhile, since the EFL do mention working on an extension in their tweet, it would be both bad PR and strange for them not to be seeking this agreement soon. And if C&N have been involved for so long, as fishy as they could turn out to be if the season gets going for Bury, they've acquitted themselves satisfactorily so far.

Should this be cleared, then the next challenges are the matter of the massive debt, the question of who holds Gigg Lane, and what performances on the pitch are going to look like with some bizarre youth squad of indeterminate form, in that order. That will be extraordinarily tough too. No-one seems to know where that money would come from, while big-money saviours tend to want their pound of flesh straight after.

Through all appearances, Steve Dale has played at brinkmanship, messing with thousands of people's hearts while today saying that he'd never even heard of Bury before taking them over, and has no intention on visiting the town. I wonder how the ever-so-sensible people who want to blame Bury as an wider entity than these numpties, and subject their fans to the misery of liquidation and North West Counties football, make of the fact these woes have been caused by a spare few men who never once had the club or its interests at heart, rather than those who do all the yards, the cheering, the booing and the crying.

• Like 2

If this has been going on since the 7th of June it's pathetic. The FA shift have stepped in amd kicked this clown out as unfit owner, something along the lines of Oyston. Then it's up for grabs with this other group.

They don't half fanny about.

So the FL could have lost 3 Lancashire club's, in slightly different circumstances.

The people that rally round a club like Blackpool or Bury, the fans, the local community, the local MP etc, from every league and non league club should all be coming together and DEMANDING far tougher legislation on potential new owners and financial fair play rules to be informed from next season. Otherwise we're going to be stuck with this fiasco every season.

• Like 1

Problem is the new owners may turn out to be just as bad as the old one then cue bleating fans moaning about fit and  proper owners. They’re the only show in town and it’s either them or liquidation, I’m pretty sure i know which of the 2 options bury fans will choose. Exactly the same as Bolton with ken Anderson, maybe they’re kicking the can down the road for another 2 years 

I still believe that Bury should be made to start from further down the pyramid as clubs such as Chester, Hereford, Darlington and ourselves have been made to do. you can not have clubs not for filling fixtures simple as. The pressure on trying to live with the big boys is now becoming to much and the smaller clubs are buckling under that pressure. I believe the FL need to have a total rethink of how the leagues are played from below the Championship, this could involve regionalised leagues etc,etc.

Mr B may get stick for being frugal or lacking ambition, but at least we know we’ll have a club to watch.

45 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Mr B may get stick for being frugal or lacking ambition, but at least we know we’ll have a club to watch.

We still have a club to watch despite going bankrupt. 

3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

We still have a club to watch despite going bankrupt. 

Going bankrupt was down to who, Mr B, fans, suppliers???

24 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Going bankrupt was down to who, Mr B, fans, suppliers???

Is this a trick question?