Sign in to follow this  
Shampoo

Bury

On 8/8/2019 at 4:53 PM, Shaytrev said:

Gary Neville's Dad must be turning in his grave while his Son spends a fortune at Plastic Salford.

Unless they buy Bury’s position, save all that faffing around with promotion out of L2?

A lady has chained herself to a drainpipe at the Bury ground in protest of Mr Dale letting the club die. Come on who would chain themselves to a Shay drainpipe if Bosomworth was letting Town go under?

14 minutes ago, born to moan said:

A lady has chained herself to a drainpipe at the Bury ground in protest of Mr Dale letting the club die. Come on who would chain themselves to a Shay drainpipe if Bosomworth was letting Town go under?

Maybe that's why the 'annex' has been left with all the steel work exposed all these years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Those figures look about right.

I can't recall where I saw it, and it was a couple of years ago, however I believe we were paying around £4500 a month for the ground.

On top of that, we then take on the costs of the stewards, the doctors, any policing needed, plus our share of gas/electric/water etc.... 

Again, its going back a few years, however I believe that before we take into account any of the costs of stewards/doctors etc, it costs roughly £2000 a game to stage a game - which is one of the reasons why we shunt our WRCC game to different grounds. 

What does need to be weighed in is that we make no money on things like food or drink and unlike other clubs, can't rent out the pitch/ground on non match day to recoup money (Quite a few clubs with the plastic desi pitches make quite a bit of money by having games or events pretty much non stop)

I have no idea how the running costs of the ground are so high, considering what looks like minimal investment in the pitch, considering the Council pretty much takes a cut or all the money from everything else. They have both ourselves and the Rugby club playing there, have a monopoly on the food and drink sold there, have the car parking for all 7 days, have all the function rooms for the non match days that they can hire out (Which they do quite a bit), have the five a side courts, plus deals with the likes of HBOS for using it for fire drills and first aid etc... 

And yet the council still lose money on the Shay. I believe 

25 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Few I would like to chain there and just leave 

16 minutes ago, Nick said:

And yet the council still lose money on the Shay. I believe 

Indeed that's what they've published up to now.

It's almost like they're a bunch of incompetent buffoons who've no idea how to maximise returns other than to charge people rent/tax.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bobbins said:

Indeed that's what they've published up to now.

It's almost like they're a bunch of incompetent buffoons who've no idea how to maximise returns other than to charge people rent/tax.

Not only the Council . I had a team from Yorkshire Water came out to a main sewer on Thursday and a team came out on Friday, learnt this morning that the two teams are totally independent of each other :doh:

5 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Council still repaying the loan they took out to complete The East Stand

The Council pay nothing, council tax payers pay it.

3 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

You'll soon be paying me :shh:

If you are a Councillor yes, a chunk of council tax goes in their pension pot. Not many people know that.

2 hours ago, Don1864 said:

Town are darned lucky to have a council that were willing to take on the ground.

Out of interest, how much does the club pay to the council each year for the privilege to play there ?

Last I heard 36k

Deadline is Friday , if they are expelled only 3 clubs will be relegated from league 1 , 4 clubs coming up from league 2 but only 1 club relegated to the National league .

If Bolton go as well then there is a chance 3 clubs up from the National league or nobody relegated at all from league 2 which is more likely .

Fans are bringing flowers to Gigg lane so they obviously think the club is dead .

9 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Last I heard 36k

think it's nearer £60k now, £36k was at the start when we were in the glue leagues

4 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

think it's nearer £60k now, £36k was at the start when we were in the glue leagues

It is around £1500 per game, peanuts

Edited by Shaytrev

It’s a pound off each supporter per game 

add to that the vat man takes 20 of the gate money

and the game cost another pound per supporter to stage 

.. so not a lot of money left over to run the club 

6 hours ago, Nick said:

Got to admit it .. the league should have pulled the club on the first day of the season

many clubs have had to start from scratch.. find it odd the the national league  is tougher on clubs than the football league 

Politics of denial I guess. The National league is its own body and as the fifth league would really only be kidding itself if it let all its clubs operate in masses of unresolvable debt just to maintain its image of competitiveness... right? :unsure:

7 hours ago, Flea said:

7 hours ago, Flea said:

What does need to be weighed in is that we make no money on things like food or drink and unlike other clubs, can't rent out the pitch/ground on non match day to recoup money (Quite a few clubs with the plastic desi pitches make quite a bit of money by having games or events pretty much non stop)

I have no idea how the running costs of the ground are so high, considering what looks like minimal investment in the pitch, considering the Council pretty much takes a cut or all the money from everything else. They have both ourselves and the Rugby club playing there, have a monopoly on the food and drink sold there, have the car parking for all 7 days, have all the function rooms for the non match days that they can hire out (Which they do quite a bit), have the five a side courts, plus deals with the likes of HBOS for using it for fire drills and first aid etc... 

Surely we make something on match day dinning & Bar + car parking on match days? otherwise why would we bother. Last season DB was busy on a couple of occasions arranging car park duties & helping allocate parking spots, I doubt he would do this if no revenue was coming into the club?

1 hour ago, Macam blue said:

Surely we make something on match day dinning & Bar + car parking on match days? otherwise why would we bother. Last season DB was busy on a couple of occasions arranging car park duties & helping allocate parking spots, I doubt he would do this if no revenue was coming into the club?

We dont get car park money

3 hours ago, Janis said:

We dont get car park money

We do when we charge £5 like this saturday

Edited by Luke