Sign in to follow this  
FCHT1993

Director Resignation

53 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The problem with such investment is that it simply becomes a debt to repay. Guy comes in, throws £250k at the club in exchange for shares. If they don't get control of the club, they eventually sulk, walk away and demand their money back. If they do get control, they make lots of costly mistakes and either lose interest or run out of cash, and it costs the next guy at least £250k to get rid of the problem. We've seen it a hundred times before.

If someone wanted to invest that kind of cash for the good of the club, they could do so via sponsorship. If it was a question of control, they could be made a Director. 

But either way, what's the worst that could happen? 

@Nick the club has very little value going by the last decade's worth of accounts. 

How could he want his money back Hoddie 250k for shares it´s not a loan the guy would surely know there would most likely be no return as DB,BH & Stuart would have been fully aware of.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Do we really want to go back to being a club that builds up debts?

Personally, I would prefer to expand on our current BOD. Not go down a new route.

Yes they have made mistakes in their 10 yr tenure, haven't we all.

Better fan involvement would be the perfect way to start, to improve on what they have started.

10 yr on from now & we could be in a very comfortable position both on & off the field if we appoint the right Manager to take the club forward on the pitch & create a sound presence that talks to the BOD & helps coordinate fan related agenda/input.

A lot of the bank rolled smaller clubs are likely to fold in this period, when those bankrolling them get fed up of ploughing their own money in with so few fans supporting.

I accept that the current BOD would probably not sanction a fans rep on the BOD, but working in the background could take some weight off their shoulders.

You do have to question how much longer the current owners want to go no. 10 years is a long time - I am not sure on the age of DB (I think he is the youngest of the three) but they have lived the football club whilst having other interests and I dont doubt that it is a heavy time burden.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bubba said:

You do have to question how much longer the current owners want to go no. 10 years is a long time - I am not sure on the age of DB (I think he is the youngest of the three) but they have lived the football club whilst having other interests and I dont doubt that it is a heavy time burden.

65 this year, I believe

Just now, Bubba said:

Agreed Bubba.

Hence why now would be a good time for them to ensure continuity & forward plan for when they want to hand over to someone younger.

From what I have seen, all 3 have lived FC Halifax Town without a doubt. That has to be built on not discarded.

I have a lot of respect for how they have handled the club, not perfect & some will disagree with me, but I bet much, much, better than the majority of others our size.

We are in a good position, no?

The best way to promote the club to possible new Directors is to continue to improve in a controlled & forward thinking way.

Lets improve on what we have & get the fans more on board in the process.

That, to me is the best way to raise the profile of the club & increase the fan base at the same time as well as safeguarding the Club as a whole.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

How could he want his money back Hoddie 250k for shares it´s not a loan the guy would surely know there would most likely be no return as DB,BH & Stuart would have been fully aware of.

Shareholders decide who sits on the BoD. And buying shares is usually only the first cash injection. Football investors don't mind spending when they're paying for their own decisions, but most follow-up cash injections are loans. Their decisions not working out so well? Don't worry, they can walk away and the next guy will buy the shares and be forced to repay the loans. 

Good to see player interviews etc but the decision making at the club is completely off limits to the paying customers. When one of three directors resigns the club should relate that to the fans, especially since it can’t be kept secret. For all his good work at the club DB lets himself down through lack of communication.

• Like 1

Just now, Shaytrev said:

Andy Gilchrist goes abroad a lot.

John Grant's no 1 is always telling us he's a successful business man!

• Like 2

Any new director (buying into the club) would want power and would probably bring some of his own people into the boardroom to increase his power advantage

The question is; has Peacock resigned because Bosomworth is considering this investment ? Or has he resigned because Bosomworth has rejected this approach ?

42 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Shareholders decide who sits on the BoD. And buying shares is usually only the first cash injection. Football investors don't mind spending when they're paying for their own decisions, but most follow-up cash injections are loans. Their decisions not working out so well? Don't worry, they can walk away and the next guy will buy the shares and be forced to repay the loans. 

I would never agree to loans as you point out but this was deffo not a loan.

Could this investor sort of earn the trust of the board first. Maybe invest in sponsorship some way. Does he know the BOD at all. If he was legitimate(not saying he isn’t) could it not gain the trust of the current BOD before delving straight in with here’s 250k I want some power, etc, etc.

1 hour ago, Bubba said:

I agree worried about that

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Any new director (buying into the club) would want power and would probably bring some of his own people into the boardroom to increase his power advantage

The question is; has Peacock resigned because Bosomworth is considering this investment ? Or has he resigned because Bosomworth has rejected this approach ?

We dont know if this is true anyway

4 minutes ago, Janis said:

We dont know if this is true anyway

You mean like I didn´t know JE was going to Maidstone or a bid for Kossy or Kossy signing for Fylde Janis.

53 minutes ago, Flea said:

Just think of how many sheds you’d have to sell to raise 250K and yet we turn that investment down! 

Do we know the people/person behind the 250k investment? Do they know the board. All rather random don’t you think.

All well and good saying that Mr B rejected investment, but what’s the back story.

We need a full story not just a single poster saying it was rejected without any other details being given.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Just think of how many sheds you’d have to sell to raise 250K!

Little miss anxiety making snide comments. Say it to people’s face you sly disrespectful little weasel. 

23 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Do we know the people/person behind the 250k investment? Do they know the board. All rather random don’t you think.

All well and good saying that Mr B rejected investment, but what’s the back story.

We need a full story not just a single poster saying it was rejected without any other details being given.

That sounds quite an aggressive bid, a sort of “ have a sh*t or get off the pot” sort of bid. For Mr B to have a majority control he would need to match it with £250,000 or for outright control (75%) he would need to find £750,000.

Are the resignations of Peacock and Fullarton connected to this bid?

What can the bidder do now?