Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Derbyshayman

Air Ambulance Charity Shop

Recommended Posts

I live in Derbyshire and I'm packing things to move homes. I've got some old town shirts and some programmes and Sandall to the Shay book. I normally give things to the Air Ambulance but not sure Town items are going to be much use to them in this area. Is there an Air Ambulance or other worthy charity in or near Halifax I could post them too? Appreciate your help. Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Derbyshayman said:

I live in Derbyshire and I'm packing things to move homes. I've got some old town shirts and some programmes and Sandall to the Shay book. I normally give things to the Air Ambulance but not sure Town items are going to be much use to them in this area. Is there an Air Ambulance or other worthy charity in or near Halifax I could post them too? Appreciate your help. Richard

Happy days (homeless charity) 18a Town hall Street, Sowerby Bridge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derbyshayman said:

I live in Derbyshire and I'm packing things to move homes. I've got some old town shirts and some programmes and Sandall to the Shay book. I normally give things to the Air Ambulance but not sure Town items are going to be much use to them in this area. Is there an Air Ambulance or other worthy charity in or near Halifax I could post them too? Appreciate your help. Richard

The Air Ambulance is based in Leeds (as far as I know) but covers West Yorkshire. When I lived in Halifax they used to collect money for it so perhaps someone on here might be interested in your items and give a charitable donation to the local branch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wy air ambulance is not funded under the NHS  and relies on separate funding, took them 12 mins to get from LGI to HX2 last week 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Wy air ambulance is not funded under the NHS  and relies on separate funding, took them 12 mins to get from LGI to HX2 last week 

Makes you wonder where it all goes. Oh yes, trust managers on £500 000 a year. That's where it all goes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 No trust managers involved they work independently of the NHS and require their own fund raising efforts etc, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jmc said:

 No trust managers involved they work independently of the NHS and require their own fund raising efforts etc, 

Right. I hope you are feeling better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Derbyshayman said:

Thanks for all your help. They don't get any NHS funding and rely totally on donations as far as I know.  I'll post the items to the Elland address

Did you get my pm x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Didn't an ex FCHT commercial manager have a close gonna tion to the Air Ambulance charity? 

Paul Gowland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019, 9:21:48, Erik Everhard said:

Makes you wonder where it all goes. Oh yes, trust managers on £500 000 a year. That's where it all goes.

I live in a Hampshire village where the traffic system has functioned well for over a century 

last month they spent two weeks with diggers and half a dozen men and with the roads closed to install a cobbled traffic circle ... costing god knows how much for absolutely no traffic impact 

why when we are told money is short does some local governments official think this is a necessity .. and yet the shut really vital services.. 

the government spends over 800 billion a year (800,000,000,000) perhaps if it spent it more wisely we would have a properly funded health education police armed forces and social services etc 

my rant for the day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nick said:

I live in a Hampshire village where the traffic system has functioned well for over a century 

last month they spent two weeks with diggers and half a dozen men and with the roads closed to install a cobbled traffic circle ... costing god knows how much for absolutely no traffic impact 

why when we are told money is short does some local governments official think this is a necessity .. and yet the shut really vital services.. 

the government spends over 800 billion a year (800,000,000,000) perhaps if it spent it more wisely we would have a properly funded health education police armed forces and social services etc 

my rant for the day 

But just think - on the plus side, they can spend the same amount of money next year digging it all up again!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nick said:

I live in a Hampshire village where the traffic system has functioned well for over a century 

last month they spent two weeks with diggers and half a dozen men and with the roads closed to install a cobbled traffic circle ... costing god knows how much for absolutely no traffic impact 

why when we are told money is short does some local governments official think this is a necessity .. and yet the shut really vital services.. 

the government spends over 800 billion a year (800,000,000,000) perhaps if it spent it more wisely we would have a properly funded health education police armed forces and social services etc 

my rant for the day 

In Lanzarote Nick they have just demolished a perfectly good bus shelter and rebuilt a modern one at a cost of 97997.73 euro. so not only UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love when they do 50 yards of two lane traffic leading to traffic lights when there is only one lane for traffic once through the lights . Merging traffic cause bigger delays than flowing traffic and increases road rage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I love when they do 50 yards of two lane traffic leading to traffic lights when there is only one lane for traffic once through the lights . Merging traffic cause bigger delays than flowing traffic and increases road rage

London and the surrounding areas is absolutely full of that - frustrates me no end as you always get at least 3 idiots each time thinking they'll pull a fast one by popping in the right hand lane only to then have to pull right back in 50 yards later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nick said:

the government spends over 800 billion a year (800,000,000,000) perhaps if it spent it more wisely we would have a properly funded health education police armed forces and social services etc  

Last tax year government receipts totalled £810bn, the highest figure on record by some £41bn. But they still spent £842bn. This means despite bringing in £41bn more than ever before, they still overspent by another £32bn. The Tories say you can't trust Labour with the economy, but Labour never had receipts of more than £600bn, and yet they're the party who secured every single post-war budget surplus, two of which were in recent times while Brown was Chancellor.

Government receipts have increased gradually on an annual basis since Cameron took over, and at the end of the day, the majority of government receipts are taxes paid by ordinary people - Income Tax, Council Tax, National Insurance, VAT, Stamp Duty, etc. Taxes paid by businesses are paltry in comparison.

But the biggest scandal is, despite a decade of ever-increasing receipts, the government has still enforced a period of austerity that has impacted the poorest in society. So, it begs the question, if the government is bringing in three times more than Tony Blair did in his first year in government, and going on for £300bn more than Gordon Brown's last year in charge, where the **** has all the money all gone? Remember that during this same period, Cameron, Osborne and May have conspired to double the UK's national debt and are on course to have tripled it in just a decade by the end of next year.

Show us the money.

I'm a natural Conservative - I like tradition, I think change should occur slowly, at a considered pace. I prefer a Monarchy over an elected Head of State. I thought the House of Lords did a good job at providing checks and balances on government, until Tony Blair screwed it up (and Cameron made it worse). I prefer free enterprise and private ownership, but understand that some industries considered critical to the country's wellbeing should remain in government control/ownership (prisons, healthcare, utilities, ship building, etc.). I'm not a Christian but I think Judeo-Christian values have served the UK well and that Christianity - as the state religion - should be upheld and protected.

I am not a Tory - in the sense of the UK's political party. A party  that has proven time and again that their function is to screw everyone over but the rich. They are anti-conservative in many areas. They love change for change's sake. They waste billions every time they're elected on screwing around with the NHS, the armed forces and education, all while claiming to be doing the opposite. They always claim they're the party of lower taxes, yet statistics and public record show the complete opposite. They increase VAT every single time they enter government, often contrary to their manifesto. They claim to like small government, but what they actually want is several levels of government, at an increasingly localised level, purely so that can say "not our fault" when something goes wrong. The Tory party needs to die and a new centre-right party - a truly conservative party - needs creating.

Modern politics is a scourge. Both main parties in the UK change policies purely to chase votes, rather than because of a genuine belief in them. This is exactly why both the Tories and Labour are so internally split on every single issue of note. There isn't a single policy that every Tory MP will hold their hand up and say, "yeah, I support that." Likewise for Labour. The country's screwed because government is so scared of not being in government that they will do anything, absolutely anything, to remain in power. If this means suckling at the teat of Boris Johnson, or throwing the UK's hard-earned international reputation under the bus, so be it.

Now that's a rant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great rant ;) 

under Gordon brown spending was up to 47 percent of GDP it’s now down to about 41percent about the same as under Blair .

one thing labour are poor at doing is growing the economy .. combine Tory economic growth with labour spending at you might have the services we want 

but somehow I doubt it 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/06/2019, 15:21:41, Hoddie said:

Last tax year government receipts totalled £810bn, the highest figure on record by some £41bn. But they still spent £842bn. This means despite bringing in £41bn more than ever before, they still overspent by another £32bn. The Tories say you can't trust Labour with the economy, but Labour never had receipts of more than £600bn, and yet they're the party who secured every single post-war budget surplus, two of which were in recent times while Brown was Chancellor.

Government receipts have increased gradually on an annual basis since Cameron took over, and at the end of the day, the majority of government receipts are taxes paid by ordinary people - Income Tax, Council Tax, National Insurance, VAT, Stamp Duty, etc. Taxes paid by businesses are paltry in comparison.

But the biggest scandal is, despite a decade of ever-increasing receipts, the government has still enforced a period of austerity that has impacted the poorest in society. So, it begs the question, if the government is bringing in three times more than Tony Blair did in his first year in government, and going on for £300bn more than Gordon Brown's last year in charge, where the **** has all the money all gone? Remember that during this same period, Cameron, Osborne and May have conspired to double the UK's national debt and are on course to have tripled it in just a decade by the end of next year.

Show us the money.

I'm a natural Conservative - I like tradition, I think change should occur slowly, at a considered pace. I prefer a Monarchy over an elected Head of State. I thought the House of Lords did a good job at providing checks and balances on government, until Tony Blair screwed it up (and Cameron made it worse). I prefer free enterprise and private ownership, but understand that some industries considered critical to the country's wellbeing should remain in government control/ownership (prisons, healthcare, utilities, ship building, etc.). I'm not a Christian but I think Judeo-Christian values have served the UK well and that Christianity - as the state religion - should be upheld and protected.

I am not a Tory - in the sense of the UK's political party. A party  that has proven time and again that their function is to screw everyone over but the rich. They are anti-conservative in many areas. They love change for change's sake. They waste billions every time they're elected on screwing around with the NHS, the armed forces and education, all while claiming to be doing the opposite. They always claim they're the party of lower taxes, yet statistics and public record show the complete opposite. They increase VAT every single time they enter government, often contrary to their manifesto. They claim to like small government, but what they actually want is several levels of government, at an increasingly localised level, purely so that can say "not our fault" when something goes wrong. The Tory party needs to die and a new centre-right party - a truly conservative party - needs creating.

Modern politics is a scourge. Both main parties in the UK change policies purely to chase votes, rather than because of a genuine belief in them. This is exactly why both the Tories and Labour are so internally split on every single issue of note. There isn't a single policy that every Tory MP will hold their hand up and say, "yeah, I support that." Likewise for Labour. The country's screwed because government is so scared of not being in government that they will do anything, absolutely anything, to remain in power. If this means suckling at the teat of Boris Johnson, or throwing the UK's hard-earned international reputation under the bus, so be it.

Now that's a rant.

I don't recognise this, Hoddie. Where did you get it from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kit said:

I don't recognise this, Hoddie. Where did you get it from?

I don't understand the question. But it's late so probably just me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/06/2019, 10:43:07, Steve Lanzarote said:

In Lanzarote Nick they have just demolished a perfectly good bus shelter and rebuilt a modern one at a cost of 97997.73 euro. so not only UK.

In Leeds, down Wellington Street, outside the M&S store they put a brand new bus shelter in and then three weeks later workmen started digging up the road to add a new pavement and a new cycle lane. So you now have a bus shelter with a cycle lane in front. How the hell a bus is supposed to fit Into a cycle lane I don't know.

A lack of planning. They couldn't plan a booze up in a brewery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...