Sign in to follow this  
nw3casc1

Halifax Gala..

Yes..A few players signing autographs too.

Even Freddy Fox signing autographs and photo shoots..shame weather poor.

Just seen a couple buy season tickets too....things on the up.. Even without new signings...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Typical Halifax Gala day weather.

I was born on Halifax Gala day and yes, it absolutely chucked it down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chadders said:

God awful day but we sold a few season tickets and dished out flyers plus Clarkey and Jacob were great with the youngsters that braved the elements and the big screen showing the mini documentary filmed by our media team attracted a lot of interest.

Said all along we need to get Clarkey especially and one or two of the other players out at events now is the time while there is no Football on, It looks good when the players are at events for selling the tickets.

2 hours ago, chadders said:

God awful day but we sold a few season tickets and dished out flyers plus Clarkey and Jacob were great with the youngsters that braved the elements and the big screen showing the mini documentary filmed by our media team attracted a lot of interest.

Any new fans buy season tickets?

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Any new fans buy season tickets?

Not sure about today but around 70% of those that have purchased so far have not bought from the club since reformation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chadders said:

Not sure about today but around 70% of those that have purchased so far have not bought from the club since reformation.

That is very good news, add to that the regulars who may buy nearer the season and things are looking quite positive 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chadders said:

Blimey, that's great news. As PL said, once the regulars buy theirs we could be looking at well over 1000. I thought our top end would be 1500 and if the initiative hadn't really taken off perhaps 8/900. At the moment I would say 1200 by the end of pre season, which would be a good effort. 

38 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Blimey, that's great news. As PL said, once the regulars buy theirs we could be looking at well over 1000. I thought our top end would be 1500 and if the initiative hadn't really taken off perhaps 8/900. At the moment I would say 1200 by the end of pre season, which would be a good effort. 

But wouldn't have these fans gone to most games anyway and paid 20 quid? I'm saving loads by buying a season ticket. 

Just now, Che Bentos said:

But wouldn't have these fans gone to most games anyway and paid 20 quid? I'm saving loads by buying a season ticket. 

I think some definitely will but others perhaps only get to ten games or season or slightly more. Now that their season is paid for they will probably go to more games. This in theory shod help to boost the attendances and help to create a better atmosphere.

15 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

BOD not just aiming at this season Che that´s why we have to succeed this season to build the lost fans back up.

Ive never bought a season ticket,  always paid for the games i attened. Attended less and less over the years but definitely getting 1 this year with the 2 under 12s for the kids. Also know of at least 4 people who have bought theirs along with under 12s tickets who have never bought 1 before

• Like 2

Traditionally, I never bought a season ticket as, due to our precarious finances, there was no guarantee we'd finish the season. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

2 of my work colleagues haven’t been for years and they are both buying season tickets in the coming weeks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

BOD not just aiming at this season Che that´s why we have to succeed this season to build the lost fans back up.

Correct Steve , we’ve really got to make this season ticket offer work so it can be repeated next season and behond.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

2 of my work colleagues haven’t been for years and they are both buying season tickets in the coming weeks.

I hope this gamble pays off. So far none of my former shaymates have bought one. Maybe it's me!? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chadders said:

To quote the eminent Terence of Chadwick himself, “wow, just wow”.

If they hadn’t even bought when we did £200 STs under Heath then we really are doing well as that spells out 350 or so newcomers already. Should more than make up for those lost because of last season’s dross.

6 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

To quote the eminent Terence of Chadwick himself, “wow, just wow”.

If they hadn’t even bought when we did £200 STs under Heath then we really are doing well as that spells out 350 or so newcomers already. Should more than make up for those lost because of last season’s dross.

What would be even more impressive if we could quote 70% of fans who haven't regularly attended since the club's reformation. I'll wager the vast majority of these fans have been paying full whack on the turnstiles week in week out since 2006.