Sign in to follow this  
TJAshton

Signs

Duckworth Signs a 1 year contract. THRILLING:) 

Hes not actually a bad backup player so not too fussed about this one. 

Just now, shaymen down under said:

Obviously didn’t watch much of the 2nd half of the season...

He played extremely well and earned his spot in the defence. Would expect him to be starting next season as first choice right back.

Our defensive record with him in the starting line up was insanely good.

He did indeed. However I expect him to be a back up player. 

I’m not fussed as he’s a solid player and gives 100%. 

In regards to Duckworth's season, these are the key facts and figures :)

We did indeed stay unbeaten at home & only conceded 1 home goal with him in the team! 

Home: P9 W4 D5 L0 F11 A1 GD10

Away: P10 W4 D3 L3 F10 A8 GD2

With Jacob Hanson in the team (a young man I still hold in high regard) we had a - 10 GD

• Like 1

Just now, Shaymen Stats said:

In regards to Duckworth's season, these are the key facts and figures :)

We did indeed stay unbeaten at home & only conceded 1 home goal with him in the team! 

Home: P9 W4 D5 L0 F11 A1 GD10

Away: P10 W4 D3 L3 F10 A8 GD2

With Jacob Hanson in the team (a young man I still hold in high regard) we had a - 10 GD

Hanson pushes very far up field and he is learning all the time (I hope). 

Duckworth is A solid player

• Like 2

Having duckworth sign a one year deal will not have Harold, Winston nor me running out to buy the season ticket. Just saying 

• Like 2

Duckworth is a good signing. I see Hanson playing the major role, with Duckworth in for the games that need the extra bit of experience.

Not knocking him as a player. Happy to keep that defence for the coming season. Just wanna see some quality further up the field. It’s ok keeping a clean sheet. But 46 draws puts us in a relegation battle 

An injury free Duckworth would be an excellent signing. Matty Brown's career was blighted by injuries but he hardly missed a minute last season. 

The only drawback  to Duckworth is his injury record, as good a right back as you will find in this division otherwise, still have high hopes of Hanson though. A left back in a similar vein to Duckworth would give us a solid defence.

Just now, Richmond96 said:

I’m a Ducky fan. Good signing. Now let’s sign some midfielders who can supply our strikers. 

What strikers?

• Like 1

Would settle for a James Dean style player at the moment, get in the face type forward with a Rodney playing off him, preferably Rodney himself.

2 hours ago, Greggs said:

Sad for Hanson though. Most pointless 3 year deal we ever dished out

No, the most pointless deal was the one they gave Fullarton. Hanson is a good prospect.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Got Josh Macdonald for that

Will he be ready for the start of next season?

hope so! Big season for him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

No, the most pointless deal was the one they gave Fullarton. Hanson is a good prospect.

Most pointless 3 year deal was Hobbs.

3 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Got Josh Macdonald for that

I can't think of any player who has come back from the injury he had and still been the same player. It often seems to recur again as well. Hope he has recovered but the odds are against him.

8 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I can't think of any player who has come back from the injury he had and still been the same player. It often seems to recur again as well. Hope he has recovered but the odds are against him.

My feelings also, if he's lost a yard or 2 of pace like Macca did his games pretty much gone. Lets hope thats not the case as he was flying prior to injury.

1 hour ago, greygoose said:

My feelings also, if he's lost a yard or 2 of pace like Macca did his games pretty much gone. Lets hope thats not the case as he was flying prior to injury.

Josh Macdonald has always been one of my favourite players if he cannot get his pace and his ability to beat a man his game will be pretty much gone ,The club have certainly stood by him throughout his injury,I really hope we can see the old Josh back again.

• Like 2

Duckworth can play left back. However, I would prefer us to sign a new left back and play Jacob further up the field. I`m sure he can play midfield. I do know that he has played up front when he was younger. Ducky is much the better defender but Jacob has lots of potential. We just need to get JF to utilise Jacobs talents. JH is quick, he`s got reasonable control, he can pass and he can tackle. He`s much better, potentially, than most of the midfielders we played for much of the season. I leave King out of that reckoning cos he was good when JF decided to play him. Maher was good in the position he played but the rest were very ordinary and I put Kossy in that bracket. We should have sold him earlier to get some cash for him. But we didn`t and so we have to move on. We will be more disciplined with him out of the way.

16 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Most pointless 3 year deal was Hobbs.

Another good prospect ruined by a **** coach.

• Like 1